Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Yes!!!! I finally found it! (+ more)

Posted by BMC 
BMC
Yes!!!! I finally found it! (+ more)
November 13, 2004 07:58AM
After looking for it for quite some time I finally found myself a copy of I-Roy's World On Fire LP this afternoon in a small record- and bookshop in Amsterdam! I love that album, but it's not so easy to find. It's in a very good condition and was reasonably priced! Whoohoo! :-)

Finds of the day:

LP's:
I-Roy - World On Fire (Virgin Frontline)
Trinity - Around The World (Yard International) [on a nice piece of red vinyl !!!]
Freddy McGregor - Mr. McGregor (Mercury)
Wailing Souls - The Very Best Of (Greensleeves)
Dillinger vs. Trinity - Clash (Burning Sounds) [no sleeve]
Michael Prophet - Love Is An Earthly Thing (CSA)
I-Roy - Outer Limits (Intense)
Richie Stephens - Forever (VP)

Singles (all repress except the Greensleeves one):
Wailing Souls - Diamonds & Pearls b/w Papa Tullo - Sister Pearl (Greensleeves 12"winking smiley
Maytals - Sixth & Seventh Books b/w ??? (label of b-side is blanc) (Coxsone)
Marcia Griffiths - Truly b/w Marcia & Soul Vendors - Truly Version (Coxsone)
Heptones - Time Will Tell b/w Heptones & Sound Demension - Time Will Tell (Ver) (Coxsone)
Heptones - My Guiding Star b/w Jackie Mittoo - West Of The Sun (Studio 1)
Bob Andy - Let Them Say b/w Bob & Sound Demension - Let Them Say (Ver) (Studio 1)
Dennis Brown - Promise Land b/w Dennis Brown - I'll Never Fall In Loves (Striker Lee)
Dennis Brown - Your Love Got A Hold On Me b/w Version (once again this is not version of a-side) (Joe Gibbs)

That Wailing Souls 12" is now spinning and it's MASSIVE! Gonna be a lovely weekend!:-)
Jackie Pablo
Re: Yes!!!! I finally found it! (+ more)
November 13, 2004 08:15AM
BMC

A good days shopping that should keep you busy for awhile.

I've got the same B sides (I think):

The Maytals / 'What A World' - BUSTY & COOL (FC 2117)

Dennis Brown / 'Murderer' ('Heavenless' rhythm)
November 13, 2004 08:22AM
Nice finds BMC !

< Trinity - Around The World (Yard International) >

Never heard this one but copy of this album was sold on eBay for more than $100 few weeks ago

< Dennis Brown - Your Love Got A Hold On Me >

Just found the LP of the same title...for some reason i like it a lot ! smiling smiley
BMC
November 13, 2004 09:01AM
Yeah J.P., I always think it'll keep me busy for a while too, but end up buying again as soon as the bank-account allows it! :-)

Really Skunk? More then $100,-? I payed 12 euro for this baby! :-) The sleeve is a bit damaged though, but the vinyl is in very good condition.
BMC
November 13, 2004 04:29PM
< The Maytals / 'What A World' - BUSTY & COOL (FC 2117) >

I don't think that's the tune on the b-side of this 7", J.P. There's nothing in the lyrics that would explain such a title. The matrix-# is also different, but I think they made new matrix-numbers for this repress, because I checked RKR and there's no Sixth & Seventh Book with the matrix number from this repress in there. The b-side has the same #, but with ' b ', also not in RKR. I'll post some of the lyrics later to see if someone recognizes this very nice ska tune.

The b-side of the Dennis Brown is some version, hardly reggae, more some disco / soulish riddim, and is not even worth another spin. Lousy. Why do Gibbs represses *always* have the wrong versions on the flips!?
BMC
November 13, 2004 05:38PM
Au contraire, mr. Reel.
November 13, 2004 05:47PM
we feel your joy Marc - nice finds.
Mark T.
BMC
November 13, 2004 06:13PM
Cheers, Mark. Hope your sons b'day was a good one! Congrats.
BMC
November 14, 2004 02:47AM
I've got that one (not on LP though) and agree it's better, but there are many other I-Roy LP's worth owning, like World On Fire.
BMC
November 14, 2004 12:54PM
The above post was in reply to a deleted post stating 'Presenting' was the only I-Roy LP you really need. Just to make this sudden remark understandable. :-)
BMC
November 20, 2004 09:22AM
Picked up two more today, that I saw last week but didn't buy for some mysterious reason. As a bonus I found two others that are pretty nice. I knew all albums already, but only had 'm on CD-R or mp3 and wanted to have 'm on vinyl one day.

LP's:
I-Roy - Exodus Chapter II - The Ten Commandments (Micron)
U-Brown - Mr. Brown Something (Virgin Frontline)
Wailing Souls - Wild Suspense (Island)
I Jah Man - Haile I Hymn (Chapter I) [with lyrics sheet]

Singles:
Johnny Osbourne - Get Cracking (Top Rank 7"winking smiley
Tony Tuff - Spin Your Roll (Top Rank 7"winking smiley
Ernest Wilson - Talking In My Sleep b/w Michael Prophet - Who Control Them (Body Music 12" - Beres' One Dance Can Do riddim)

I was lucky they still had 'm! :-)

Now playing the Wailing Souls and what a nice album it is!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login