Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

who gonna dub?

Posted by Jahmeek 
who gonna dub?
March 13, 2004 09:46AM
who will be the dub mon? bring on the fiyah!
Re: who gonna dub?
March 15, 2004 06:37PM
can anybody? name someone available this year that can rule the controls besides mad professor with all due RASpect>
March 15, 2004 07:02PM
would'nt Bill laswell be amazing?!
totally mind blowing I would think,
but probably not even close to likely

blessed,
Michael
jb welda
March 15, 2004 07:06PM
bill laswell would make me want to stay home.

one love
jah bill
March 15, 2004 09:50PM
Or maybe not

Michael
March 16, 2004 04:57PM
-bill laswell+ is nice artisted with some great bass lines but a little on the space side. is worth some great attention because he does come original compared to alot. he is on tour this summer! playing bonarooooo w/ burning spear & a GIANT pile of jam bands. a week before this show. >1LUV*+*+*+*+*+*+*+
March 17, 2004 06:26PM
Brother Jah Bill, you holding a grudge against Laswell for that dub attempt
of Marley?? I know some took it REAL personal----and as much dub as
Laswell has listened to/messed w/ it wuz a little disappointing, but the man has done good stuff(loved his touch on the Miles he mixed). And you got to admit, listening to that set made you remember what a marvelous tap-dancer of a trap-player Mr. Barrett was....

Not heard from him in a while, but the console master CRUCIAL BUNNY was
great @ doing live mix when he handled Radics shows back in the day.
jb welda
March 17, 2004 06:50PM
no grudge, its just that i dont think he has a touch for reggae especially not live. id rather see (hear) scientist (he has issues though) or professor on the board. not a big name, but the man loren who was on the board last year did a great job making the main stage sound good so respect due.

one love
jah bill
March 17, 2004 06:53PM
I heard Scientist lives in San Fran. Maybe they can get him to Dub it wicked style.
Anyone know what he is doing these days?
March 17, 2004 06:57PM
Rankin' Barnabas, in Kingston these days, is another who's fine
when it come to the live master mix.
March 17, 2004 07:19PM
-yes i*+ Scientist is available for rite price but nah to sure on rankin' barnabas. on the personal side were still better off w/ mad professor @ dis rate but i* know there has to be some steppin up to the board as for many can level or kill it for dat matter but WHO CAN DUB IT!?
jb welda
March 17, 2004 07:40PM
spears sound engineer will probably be on the board for his set and take it from me, ive watched the guy in action and he is *constantly* twiddling knobs and running the dub wise echos and effects. he doesnt just "set it and forget it" like so many do. last few times ive seen professor he seemed content to do that most of the time.

one love
jah bill
March 17, 2004 07:47PM
-hear wha you say+ professor is doing his job as he was hired. would rather see the mad mon do a wicked drum & bass sett of his own music rather than see him play around with someone else stage sound for that matter. -RASpects+ p.s. spear's crew has always been tight for many years rite done to booking agent. >forward^the LION*
Stevo
March 18, 2004 06:30AM
Saw Macka B longside Mad Professor in Boulder,CO. Big ol' dreadlocks man. Amazing! Down wit commercial Christmas!!
I didn't know what to think when all I saw was this big hunk of knobs and blinking lights sitting alone on the stage. But the Mad Professor comes with some serious business. Probably seen that guy more than anyone else in all my shows attended. Only thing is, he's usually in the back.
He got on the mic at one point to fight down the ever doubting house sound engineer, saying how they don't realize they are dealing with serious soundmen when dealing with this sound, and to let him turn it up!!! Great memory.
-Stevo
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login