Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

sound system question

Posted by Chimino 
sound system question
November 15, 2004 04:17PM
Does anyone know if Jah Love still plays out, either in JA or abroad.

thx
jbwelda
Re: sound system question
November 15, 2004 04:19PM
you mean jahlovemuzik, briggys set (or so it would seem, maybe more precisely twelve tribes set)?

one love
jah bill
mark b
November 15, 2004 04:19PM
Briggie is still pure monotone if thats what you mean
November 15, 2004 04:20PM
yea bill, the same one. every cassette I find of their dances, from the late 70s to mid 90s is wiiiiicked.
jbwelda
November 15, 2004 04:25PM
seems to me i heard of them playing in some out of way place a couple years ago, steer town maybe. i really dont have any hard info but i think they are still doing 12 tribes dances but not real often and you probably dont hear about them unless youre in jamaica. dont know why the cassettes would dry up though, if thats what youre implying.

i asked briggy some off-the-cuff question about them last year but he didnt really have an answer or i didnt pursue it enough.

everything ive got by them on soundtape is crucial too. but its hard to miss with briggy on the mike.

one love
jah bill
November 15, 2004 04:31PM
respect, I was mainly asking because it would be nice to see them on tour (or SNWMF) ala SturGav, but may not be the same away from JA. The most recent dance I have of theirs has Buju alongside Brigi, Little John, Puddy etc. Has to be late 90s because Buju was doing culture tunes off "Inner Heights" album.
November 16, 2004 05:52AM
Jahlovemuzik - didn't they produce some Fred Locks records in late 70s ?
Surprised they are still around...
November 22, 2004 01:27AM
Here's a site I just found on the history of the sound:

[jahlove.best.cd]
March 06, 2006 06:21PM
yes, jah love no longer plays, but the selector malawi,plays is own sound ARMAGEGON sound, still even hotter.
March 06, 2006 06:29PM
yes, jah love no longer plays, but the selector malawi,plays is own sound ARMAGEGON sound, still even hotter.
Chimino wrote:

> Here's a site I just found on the history of the sound:
>
> [jahlove.best.cd]
March 06, 2006 09:27PM
Hey Chimino - you might find this interesting (courtesy of Primo): [bulletin.myspace.com]

If that doesn't work e-mail me - seem to recall seeing you on the myspace channel
March 07, 2006 09:22AM

>steer town maybe.

No Bill, they didn't play Fresno. rasta smiley)

-s
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login