Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sydney (Australian) boarders

Posted by Maarty 
Maarty
Sydney (Australian) boarders
November 17, 2004 03:40AM
My trip to Sydney is coming up, depart next Tuesday. Can someone please list the top record stores for vinyl, reggae, funk and jazz. Plus any reggae nights etc coming up next week.

I lost the info you guys supplied on the B&F board when it was closed down.

Respect
Maarty
Re: Sydney (Australian) boarders
November 17, 2004 04:08AM
Hey Maarty,
I was thinking about that just before and wondering when you were due. My tips for the shops you'll most enjoy are: Mojo at 32 York Street in the CBD who have a bunch of Jazz, and perhaps a touch of funk, vinyl at good prices - the $5 rack at the back of the shop is a goldmine;
Good Groove @ 350 Crown Street in Darlinghurst who have a brand new shipment of 7s from JA (not many oldies mostly fresh stuff);
The Barber Shop @ corner of Victoria and Burton Streets in Darlinghurst which has a small but tasty selection of reggae vinyl
Outside of that there is a strip of 5 second hand shops at the southern end of Pitt Street in the City (near central station and Chinatown) which are worth a browse and the pick of those are Egg Records and Enthusiasms.
As for reggae nights, you just miss out on Firehouse at the Marquee this Saturday night which is a pity, but there should be something on to suit your taste next weekend - I haven't got any listings with me at the moment.
Chris was talking about hooking up for a beer or something, interested?
Maarty
November 17, 2004 09:03AM
Yes beer sounds good.

Drop me your contacts

Looking forward to it.

Maarty
November 18, 2004 02:39AM
Chris
November 18, 2004 11:32PM
Hi Maarty,

You can contact me at christopher.moore at gt.nsw.gov.au. Think Professor has the record shops covered. Red Eye has two shops - one in Kings Street and one in Pitt. They're always worth a look as well. Pity you'll miss Firehouse on Saturday.
feel jah
April 06, 2005 10:06AM
Melbourne Reggae Forum

[s9.invisionfree.com]

Ises <>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login