Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bounty VS Mighty Crown

Posted by Irie_I 
Bounty VS Mighty Crown
March 16, 2004 08:31AM
The war between Bounty Killa and Mighty Crown continues!
Mighty Crown’s campaign came as a result of a speech Bounty Killa made at World Clash 2003. After Mighty Crown’s second round Bounty Killa took the mic and reminded the audience that "dancehall is a Jamaican thing". He processed to express in his own words, that the Japanese sound just gave a spectacular performance, while the Jamaican sounds were just performing average. Basically, he was trying to tell the yard sounds to step up their game, but he used a bad choice of words. Many clash fans interpreted his statement as being bias against Mighty Crown and the Japanese flag. The following day after World Clash 2003 the talk on the street was that Bounty Killa dissed the Japanese, and he was a partial host. As a promoter of the event, I felt he did a good job, and I don’t understand why his speech led to so much controversy. It is probably that some people heard what they wanted to hear. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not taking up for him at all. I’m just not playing judge or jury.

Sammy and Simon’s Killa campaign in Japan is very simple but strong. Using Bounty Killa’s own words they have convinced most Japanese dancehall fans that Bounty Killa is anti-Japanese. By making reference to World Clash 2001, the year they lost to Bass Odyssey in the presence of Bounty Killa. They have created an argument which states that Bounty doesn’t want to see any non-Jamaican sounds go far in the industry, even though these non-Jamaican sounds are the one’s spending the most money in the dub cutting industry. Since World Clash 2003, there has been a huge decline in the amount of Japanese sounds willing to voice a Bounty Killa dubplate. Mighty Crown has set a new trend in Japan, when a sound systems plays a Killa 45 or dubplate the crowd boos them until they take it off.

Bounty Killa has started a campaign of his own. As of this week he has officially declared war on Mighty Crown. He told me that if Mighty Crown pay him $10,000US he still would refuse to voice dubplates for them. "The Warlord" went on the say that this year’s "Death Before Dishonor 4" will be Bounty VS Crown. He’s going to load up all the sounds with ammunition dissing Sammy and Simon. He wants to make sure they not only lose, but he embarrasses them in the process.

Things may get really sticky for "The Far East Rulers" this year. Bounty is willing to back any sound that’s clashing with Mighty Crown.
jb welda
Re: Bounty VS Mighty Crown
March 16, 2004 08:47AM
yes thats swell. reminds me of high school. im glad snwmf doesnt indulge in these clashes. nothing but juvenile bad vibes usually result. just play the music and shut the hell up, thats what i man say.

one love
jah bill
March 16, 2004 08:59AM
Yeah its some funny ****...but the big quetion is what impact will this have on bountys carrer given that he is in a slump as it is.
March 16, 2004 09:12AM
The incredibly competitive nature of dancehall,('TOO MANY DOGS/NOT ENUFF BONES')in a society where opportunity to better yourself is way-too-scarce, makes for a culture where the rivalry can get ugly. Too bad this goes down between Bounty & the Mighty Crown guys, but pride,turf,&testosterone often trump reason(AND THE MUSIC), nuh true?
March 16, 2004 09:19AM
-keep the bounty lose the killer+. clot "the warlord" vibes!
bun n cheese
March 16, 2004 09:19AM
the logistics of a sound VS artist is just stupid.
TR-808
Re: "X" VS "Y"
March 16, 2004 09:21AM

JA equivalent of America's WWF... do not attempt to take seriously

"entertainment" business
pale ryder
March 16, 2004 09:30AM
My impression of mighty crown was no real musical talent....Just some turntable skills, and a lot of cursing. Whatever happened to who Jah Bless, no man curse?
jb welda
March 16, 2004 09:43AM
>JA equivalent of America's WWF... do not attempt to take seriously

im afraid you miss the point. people die over this stuff. its serious business in jamaica. maybe the *stars* dont die but their little followers often get way carried away (in a literal as well as figurative sense).

one love
jah bill
bun n cheese
March 16, 2004 09:46AM
i thought M.C. mashed it up. one of the highlights of the whole weekend. i just wish they could have played longer.
March 16, 2004 09:47AM
they all good for each other the way they all chant up babywrong. maybe bounty have a match maker now because his confrontations of power control have a very long history i* dont really care to get into. its funny how he can work with artists like junoir reid & morgan heritage singing positive songs & go rite around & not live by own words, while in one song he say to much gun violence & the other song support bullets. just dont mek sense anymore than american gangster rappers saying peace rite after they talk about how bad they are & you better watch out. clean up the dancehall! sweep sweep!!!!!!!
March 16, 2004 11:00AM
Can Jahmeek stop infiltrating dancehall posts and littering it with his niceness thing. I dont go into every conncious post and say hey everyone more cussing in the roots.
Mighty Crown has made a name for himself and for Japan. Bounty was misinterpreted, but he said he will endorse any sound that clashes with MC. So that means whichever sound does it will have all bounty dubs talking trash about MC. The only thing is MC will be fully expecting that. I just think its interesting to see how it plays out even if most of you dont like the sound clash, it still represents a major role within reggae music and has done since its creation. I just dont thin it will be good for bounty in the long run because MC are big right now.
Anyways just I just though it was interesting read
pale ryder
March 16, 2004 11:22AM
Yes I.....Back in the 70's Dancehall was so nice. In those days Dancehall used to be me first choice, now a dance cold like ice
March 16, 2004 08:59PM
-Irie_I+ u mek it worth i* while jah*mon. infiltrating niceness? that would be like nice dem crew in place of scare dem crew. "funny chuckle" i* get it! RASTA*
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login