Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

clip of new Carlton Livingston interview: Spear in the dance

Posted by bigbelly man 
bigbelly man
clip of new Carlton Livingston interview: Spear in the dance
November 18, 2004 12:06AM

small clip from Carlton Livingston as interviewed by President Carter, which will feature in the coming issue of Full Watts. interview is in progress here as Carlton recalls the night Papa Arrows let some Spear off in the dance:

"... like I said I mostly listened to Eastern Kingston sounds which was Arrows. I remember one night it was Independence Night in Jamaica and it was the first time we heard Ethiopians Live it Out."

Burning Spear?

"Burning Spear. That had a profound effect on me. When Arrows played that song that night, I tell you a lot of gunshot fire in that dance. But that song, Ethiopians Live it Out, after that night, that was something else man..."

--
BMC
Re: clip of new Carlton Livingston interview: Spear in the dance
November 18, 2004 12:08AM
Best Spear tune ever!
November 18, 2004 02:08AM
Imagine hearing that tune for the first time under those circumstances !

"I remember one night it was Independence Night in Jamaica and it was the first time we heard Ethiopians Live it Out."
solid rock
November 18, 2004 04:25PM

> Imagine hearing that tune for the first time under those circumstances

exactly bufo! that's what has me.. imagine what Arrows was running at that time.. what's that the early- or mid-70s.

he talks a little more about it but the main idea is that it was an event when that tune came out of those boxes, and one that everyone there could feel..
solid rock
November 23, 2004 11:52PM

*bump*
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login