Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

DEB contd...

Posted by Dadi Digi 
Dadi Digi
DEB contd...
November 19, 2004 02:09PM
"The Black Echoes" LP in fact
I see from the sleeve notes on the back that Mr. Reel gets a big up.
Re: DEB contd...
November 19, 2004 03:01PM
Got it yesterday, it's a beaut.
November 19, 2004 04:00PM
That's alright, because Penny badmouthed them about a month ago.....

One love
eric v
November 19, 2004 04:06PM
not been around much lately have you eric ?
November 19, 2004 04:08PM
This may be completely obvious in which case I apologise. Pennys name is on the LP as it was on the original issue of the LP as were all the other Reggae staff at Black Echoes if memory serves...
Ras Ibunga
November 19, 2004 04:10PM
Yeap Tim,,,, I dont think Penny would get the props from BADDA on a new sleeve note.
BMC
November 19, 2004 04:22PM
You again, Ras Ibunga?

;-)
Ras Ibunga Sharon from India
November 19, 2004 04:25PM
Big Up !!!
November 19, 2004 04:31PM
Bufo

Not really been around, got burned out on the B&F board with all of Penny's crap postings and wasted cyberspace, he got what he wanted anyhow; to destroy something that others used beneficially. I just peek at this one from time to time.

One love
eric v
November 19, 2004 04:31PM
In his ites green and gold kilt.
November 19, 2004 04:35PM
,,,and dont forget the argile socks Zoki
aka_richie
November 19, 2004 05:11PM
actually, [on the original repro sleeve] 'the guv'nor' bigs up 'the man' three times.
November 19, 2004 05:14PM
Brilliant album, booming it now ! Seems wierd if they aren't legit, because they sure made a good job of these, which isn't always the highest priority of bootleggers.
November 19, 2004 05:17PM
Now playing Friends and family - Joseph Gordon - the whole album would be worth it for this scorcher !
November 19, 2004 05:31PM
Looking forward to hearing it myself Bufo... One problem though,,, I aint got no Hi Grade to help relish the moment !!
BMC
November 20, 2004 01:07AM
Just ordered two of the 12's I was most interested in myself:

* Dennis Brown - I Don't Want To Be No General (Extended Mix) / Ranking Dread - General (Extended Mix)

Possibly my favourite DEB tune of all time, so having that on vinyl in extended format with the deejay on the flip is what I'd call a killer piece of wax! :-)

* Freddie McKay - Mope & Cry (Extended Mix) / Pope Of Rome Falling (Extended Mix)

No idea what to expect from this, but I usually rate Freddie McKay quite highly (especially the CD I got from McKay's #1 fan Hans Geboers) so I hope this one is as good as I think it is.
mashdown
November 20, 2004 07:55AM
it is. wicked bass line..
BMC
November 20, 2004 10:27AM
Ah wait, I know this song Mope & Cry, it is actually on that CD of Hans! I didn't have the tracklist at hand to check but just found it. Nice one, I like that tune a lot!
November 20, 2004 05:24PM
So how is the sound quality/pressing on those babys...?
November 20, 2004 05:32PM
lovely IMO skunky, running through my mackie 824's and DJM600 mixer they sound great, they do sound 'new' i.e. clearly remastered and clean, which I know some hardcore traditionalists have found fault with in the past, but big and warm and very bassy, so great by my ears. I don't have all of them, but quite a few and they're all the same quality.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login