Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Style Scott - Mr. Militant

Posted by capullo 
Style Scott - Mr. Militant
November 19, 2004 04:15PM
hello

saw style scott and his dub syndicate yesterday night in zurich.although there was only about 50 people coming to see them (shame!), it was a really nice concert in a nice jazz club with very positive vibes. style is defenetly the most militant drummer ive ever heard playing live. he just doesn't stop banging that poor drums :-)

wicked!

they're playing in italy tonight

capullo
Re: Style Scott - Mr. Militant
November 19, 2004 05:37PM
Wouldn't an On-U label review be great @ SNWMF, complete w/ Adrian Sherwood mixing & Style on the kit?? Too bad Bim Sherman no longer w/ us for such musical things....
November 19, 2004 08:51PM
yes i*> style iz probley i* favorite drummer of all times(giv or take a little). even though i* probley listion to sly more & luv santa to tha max & giv nuff credit to wadi-gad & more greats. style does some stuff for i* nobody else does in i* personal dub world! to add to all dis mikey dread chat, mr.scott really help shape the 'world war III' LP to mek i* top all time selection from the dread @the controls, i* would seh. i* will be in front row forsure if sum how dis suggestion ever unfolds on a 2005 line up. hope upz! -RASpects+
November 19, 2004 10:23PM
Just saw sly & robbie for the first time this past monday @ their 25th anniversary concert here in new york, and it was straight wickedness. tony rebel & half pint mashed up the place. At times i thought it was a machine playing drums that's how fast an perfect the man was. hearing them do "greetings" with half pint alone was worth my money.
November 19, 2004 11:00PM
Now on the Hi-Fi:

Half Pint - Greetings (Powerhouse LP)

Nice press too.

One love,

Rootz
November 19, 2004 11:22PM
yeh mon* Half Pint -victory_ras records#3031(level the vibes_track2) iz an all time great but sound level iz a little bit low on i* copy* -RASpects+
November 19, 2004 11:23PM
Level the Vibes, Big Tune!

One love,

Rootz
Fleximix De Choc l'sold
November 20, 2004 01:45AM
Only 50 people? wow,
Yeah Style is a pounder on tha drums for sure.
BTW - Bubbler Waul was playing on both tours (Sly&Robbie / Dub Syndicate), I think he had miss the 1st two DS shows...
Was he on the gig in Zurich?
November 20, 2004 05:14AM
Hard to believe only 50 people show up...if I was within 2000 km I would make a point of being there. Folks in dem places don't know how good you have it. Last reggae act of any kind to pass through these parts...dunno, maybe...tragically hip!!!!!! ...'preciate what you have...support them.
November 21, 2004 01:32PM

twice - i saw sly&robbie last year toghether with mykal rose. sly is absolutely incredible! switchin' styles and speed, playin' jungle/d'n'b, techno, heavy metal, heavy, heavy roots and rockers. it was almost too much to take in!

choco - yes bubbler waul was among them.

vince black g, alon adiri keyb, franklyn bubbler waul keyb, delroy chris cooper b, style scott

yellodog - you would have loved it! the musicians were 100% accessable. i had a nice chat with style and later with the bass player and the man behind the controls at a kebab fast food around the corner.

capullo
mashdown
November 21, 2004 05:29PM
did he tell you any nice stories about the roots radics / junjo years you care to share with us?
Fang Sheng
November 21, 2004 05:48PM
No, but he can recommend a good kebab shop to you!

:^)

November 21, 2004 07:47PM

no, it was actually just small talk - i was far to drunk to start a decent conversation :-). i felt obliged to appologise for the small amount of people too. but as the vibes was ok so they didn't feel too bad about it.

capullo
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login