April 13, 2009 03:27AM
Check the HQ Full length version
Re: The Obama Deception....
April 13, 2009 03:55AM
More bullshit conspiracy theories...

Jah Jah power endureth for i-ver.
April 13, 2009 04:20AM
How is it conspiracy? Have you watched the movie? Most of it, if not all, is backed by FACTS....

Jah Jah power endureth for IVER!!!!!
April 13, 2009 04:29AM
Please expand on these facts Ras E.

Peace
April 13, 2009 04:33AM
yeah i watched that movie and found their "facts" to be highly dubious. Most of it is based on pure speculation and theories. An experts opinion may be expertly formed, but it remains an opinion, not a fact. Like most such productions, it convinces the "true believer" but the reasonable skeptic will be able to notice the fallacies.
April 13, 2009 06:09AM
He said he wasn't going to spy on american people....he lied. He signed a bill to reinstate the "patriot act"

He said he was going to take out troops "immeditely"(the video has the footage), Now within a month(Jan.), he put 30,000 MORE troops in Afganistan and Iraq...and instead of his "16 month plan" its NOW been extended to a "23 month plan.".....he lied

He also signed a bill that legalized wiretapping FISA

He said he was not going to appoint any lobbyist in departments that they are "related to." He then appointed the number one defense contractor William Lynn of RAYTHEON to his Defense Department...

Secretary of Treasure...he appointed Timothy Geitger who at one time was the President of the Federal(as federal as federal express)Reserve Bank in New York...

Obama also supported Bush's previous "secrecy" on torture and rendition of Guatonomo Bay detainees. This was after evidence was leaked to the British Government that was going to expose america's cruel treatment's.....

He Swore to factory workers across america that he was going to fight NAFTA and called it "a mistake(NAFTA). Canadian and american officials were told by the US that it was just "campaign rhetoric."

He said he was upset at the banker bailout...and acted as if he had no control over it when his own chief of staff, another former Wall Street exec. engineered the whole bailout scheme...

Couple cool quotes from the movie....

"you go from Clinton, to Bush, to Obama...and what stays the same are the "ruling elite. That gives the puppets the orders to act on and the orders are wrong headed..."

"They put a black face on the New World Order, and now we all happy....KRS aint buying it...."-KRS ONE excerpt from "The Obama Deception."

Hope this helps!!!

Power to the people...time we rally up and stop fussing and fighting.....time is now to start UNITING!!!
April 13, 2009 09:49AM
Yes Ras E,

Give thanks for putting this one forward again.

For all the Sierra Nevada massive please watch this video and look at the facts presented even if you do not share Alex Jones fundamental world view. There is alot of good info in there. I especially appreciated the KRS One and Professor Griff clips as their angle was an interesting one to throw into the mix.

While Alex Jones does put forward some very interesting information and brings a valuable perspective to the discussion there are definitely some flaws with his films and angle. In this one in particular the extended on the frontlines Bilderberg action sequences were a bit much. The only relevance is the accusation that Hillary and Obama potentially were at the Bilderberg meeting during there media vacation, (which is very interesting if it is true) but surely did not need to take so much time to express. And while it is hard for many people to go for the puppet of the evil invisible ruling elite angle (which is repeatedly drummed into you while watching), it is important to look at what Obama has really done in relation to what he said he was going to do, as well as the types of people who he is surrounding himself with and giving positions of power.

Most important is for ones to sight that Obama is not the liberal political saviour that his marketing campaign made him out to be (which by the way was one of the most expensive and effective global political marketing campaigns ever undertaken) He may have good intentions and be really trying to change things for the better. But it is also very possible and likely that he is a very good actor with a seriously organized team behind him and is really an unequivocal asset to some very negative forces. Either way the hype is just hype and is not in line with the reality.

Time will tell, but personally I cannot put my energy or spirit behind him in any way shape or form.

Same way there is a lot of other interesting info out there...

Look into the slick marketing of David Axelrod who ran Obama's campaigns including this one. Their is a lot of other info out there but this article is okay.

[www.thenation.com]

Check out this video with Webster Tarpley looking into some of the upcoming geo-strategic issues Obama may be facing and the influence of Zbigniew Brzezinski on Obama's policy. Brzezinski is very interesting and influential and it is valuable to look into him a bit. (an interesting book is The Grand Chessboard - American Primacy And It's Geostrategic Imperatives from a few years back)

This pdf file is a 50 page academic essay on Obama's use of psychology to sway opinion and thinking. Take it for what it is, but just know that he and his speech writers and coaches know what they are doing. While hypnosis may be an extreme conclusion, they are surely very purposeful when it comes to the psychological implications of language and oratory style.

[www.pennypresslv.com]

Give thanks for all the reasonings and searchings for the truth of this situation within the desire we all seem to share for things to be right.

Truth and Rights reign supreme for real.

Love and Respect to each and everyone.

"It is our conviction that all the activities of the children of men, which are not guided by the Spirit and counsel of God will bear no lasting fruits... "

H.I.M. Emperor Haile Selassie I
April 13, 2009 02:14PM
Jah Mike, the bigger 'conspiracy' is going on in Washington dc. Yeah Jah Mike, you accuse people of being in the 'black helicopter crowd' , then when real black helicopters start flying over, you say ' well you're still weird to talk about them.'

But I say... Some Never Even Plant yet want to Reap,
If you run, be careful, try to look before you leap;
Took a little walk from my Vineyard...
Now I'm on my own
Now I'm left alone..
April 13, 2009 03:05PM
Ras E: I'm presuming your last post was in response to Jeff's request that you expand on the FACTS which you contend 'most, if not all' of what is portrayed in the video is backed by.....

1. Obama "signed a bill to reinstate the "patriot act"".
Please show me a bill even remotely related to the "patriot act" that Obama signed. It simply does not exist, as Obama has signed no such law.

2. Obama "said he was going to take out troops "immeditely"(the video has the footage)"
Please show me where in the video (or any where else for that matter) that Obama said "he was going to take out troops immediately". The video is not contained in the Alex Jones piece, and I don't believe such footage exists.

My recollection is that, during the campaign, Obama stated that he would order a review of the Iraq strategy with the goal of removing "combat troops out of Iraq within 16 months". He ordered that review in January, the results were returned to him in february, and on 2/27 announced that the process of withdrawing troops will begin, and that all combat troops will be withdrawn within 18 months.

3. Obama "also signed a bill that legalized wiretapping FISA".
Please show me a bill even remotely related to the "FISA" that Obama signed. It simply does not exist, as Obama has signed no such law.

Ras E: You assert that Obama "LIED" with respect to each of these "so-called" facts, but I will not pin that label on you even if you are unable to substantiate any of these 'so-called' facts. And in the video, Alex Jones contends that "Henry Kissenger got Obama his first job", but that too is totally unsubstantiated....
April 13, 2009 03:12PM
Like the government is going to tell the public any thing about " spying " and or the "patriot act" Oxymoron.

ANYONE with off the shelf technology can listen to your cell calls and your wireless internet.

www is a hand me down from the gov.

Be more worried what N. Korea is doing.

Post Edited (04-13-09 08:51)
April 13, 2009 03:49PM
The taliban kills woman and school girls everyday literally for going to school and work,we know about darfur,and we know whats going on in zimbabawe,north korea,the gaza,the mass shootings here in the states..my question is....WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO ABOUT IT?
April 13, 2009 03:51PM
Watch your every move.

Swat those peskie flies.

April 13, 2009 04:15PM
My opinion: anyone who contends Obama is engaged in a massive act of "deception" has just not been listening to what he's saying. That goes for right-wingers and left-wingers - people seem to project onto him all kinds of things he didn't actually say, and as a result Republicans are in a tizzy about him being "too liberal" and the people in this video are saying he's reneging on promises never made. I haven't watched the whole thing yet but anyone paying any attention to the news knows that Obama has always been very clear that the drawdown of troops in Iraq would take time, with sixteen months being the timeline most mentioned.

I think a lot of posters on this board should contemplate the saying that "politics is the art of the possible." It's a difficult pill to swallow but people who understand it (and I think Obama is one of them) are the ones who get the most done.
April 13, 2009 04:30PM
Obama is "just" the President for the USA. No one ever talks about his TEAM(s) behind him. That are tied/worked for previous administrations. Including everyone's favorite Bush 1 + 2.

Powers of the President include, serve as commander in chief to the armed forces; grant reprieves and pardons for federal offenses; call Congress into special session; receive ambassadors from other nations; ACT AS spokesman for the nation; faithfully execute the laws of the US; appoint officials to lesser offices in the executive branch; appoint judges and make treaties -SHARED powers with the Senate; veto or sign legislation.

Please dont flash mob me.

Post Edited (04-13-09 09:34)
April 13, 2009 05:04PM
tis easier to live with the belief that someone powerful in the world is acting against your interests. Otherwise you have to accept your own failures and shortcomings as your own. Just curious, what is speech for if not to "sway opinion and thinking"? Of course he uses psychology he would be a fool not to. So on to some of the claims I have read which are unequivocally (spelling error I am sure but love that word) false.

Obama said he would bring the troops out of Iraq immediately. This is false. If someone makes the claim this is true, I require proof. The burden of proof is on the party making the claim.

As to Afghanistan. The President would not be doing his job as commander in chief if he did anything but bring additional forces to bear in Afghanistan. Remember all those claims about Iraq being connected to 9/11? They were all false, one of the reasons created to justify going to war in Iraq. However, the US was attacked in a cowardly fashion on 9/11 and men women and children died a horrible death. The US military had to respond and this is why the focus should have been and should be in Afghanistan. The people who commited this attack and there and they are being harbored by some of the lowliest people on the planet in the Taliban.

Everything you hate about George Bush, the Taliban represent. They are anti education, they are pro intellegence gathering without permission, they are violent and represive and they use religon to justify even the most hienous acts. One should never be for war, war is only about people being killed and pure saddness. I would say that in some cases war is necessary. The Taliban make what is going on in Sudan look soft.
April 13, 2009 05:12PM
An indication as to the kind of sadists the Taliban are can be seen during their occupation of Kabul. A soccer field built with funds from the international community was used for the execution of those not pure enough for these
fanatics...this included the execution of women.

When asked if they ever intended to use the field for the purpose it was built, a spokesman said the site was needed for the executions BUT if the international community wished to build another soccer facility, it would be considered.

Regarding Obama: both the left and right political fringe are doing what they do best in this nation; casting accusation and offering the logic I would associate from the clinically paranoid, or serial users of impure but potent methamphetimine.
April 13, 2009 05:51PM
"Regarding Obama: both the left and right political fringe are doing what they do best in this nation; casting accusation and offering the logic I would associate from the clinically paranoid, or serial users of impure but potent methamphetamine."

Pretty much accurate, Papa Ray....
April 13, 2009 06:27PM
dont trust the government....dont trust anything they do or say. Its all a plan to get more taxes from the people and tear down our civil liberties.

April 13, 2009 06:46PM
Lemme guess you did NOT vote?
April 13, 2009 06:49PM
Only a Mystic knows the true Order in which to govern a society. (or anything else) For Only a Mystic Knows how to govern himSELF...
April 13, 2009 06:58PM
That is big stuff Relic Secure - drop it on dem!

Speaking of which, where are the Sufi musicians on the festival list of performers??? There is still time...
April 13, 2009 07:06PM
I vote for Merlin

~HIGHEST HEIGHTZ EVERY TIME~
April 13, 2009 07:09PM
Maybe iNi am mistaken, but it seems you've mixed up your magick with your mysticism there Smoka.

Or is there a Sufi musician named Merlin?
April 13, 2009 07:17PM
April 13, 2009 07:33PM
Merlin was a mystic as well. And u seem to have mistaken magic for wizardry.

April 13, 2009 07:42PM
Merlin, we barely knew ye...
April 13, 2009 07:43PM

Whos buyin the votes?

Whos buyin the booze?

" Politicians are like condoms. They give you a false security while getting you screwed "

Post Edited (04-13-09 13:04)
April 13, 2009 08:39PM
what about leaders?
April 13, 2009 09:20PM
A Leader is someone who people CHOOSE to follow.
The USA is divided.

“Leadership has to do with direction. Management has to do with the speed, coordination and logistics in going in that direction. The WORKERS are chopping their way through the jungle. The MANAGERS are coordinating, making sure the tools are sharp, etc. The LEADERS climb a tree and shout Wrong jungle!! The MANAGERS shout back Be quiet! We're making progress!”

Welcome back to the real world.

Post Edited (04-13-09 14:24)
April 13, 2009 09:24PM
what about shepards?
April 13, 2009 09:27PM
every Shepard must have dogs.

If so many Americans are looking for the government to save them, then it is hard to have a dignified search for a shepherd in chief

Post Edited (04-13-09 14:32)
April 13, 2009 09:29PM
portugese water dogs? that nah come from the pound? tune in to the latest on "The Obama Deception"

April 13, 2009 09:49PM
Most are not ready for the truth but the truth shall reveal itself.

Fact: the Federal Reserve Bank is a privately owned company not part of the US government.

Fact: Since 1913 most "Americans" pay tax to the Fed which loans that money to the US government to monetarily enslave the worlds population and silence or kill all who oppose them.

Fact: The US government was set up and still controlled by a handful of families from England with ties to Germany (where secret societies were formed) that control almost all other nations through banking (credit/debt) and military.

Fact: Most Presidents past & present work for the corporations and banks that allow them to be on the ballet.

If you think you're free...

Fact: We need a license to "legally" travel in a vehicle.

Fact: We need a passport to "legally" cross imaginary "boarders".

Fact: If they don't like you, you can't "legally" travel.

Fact: If they don't like you or what you smoke they put you in
a cage and make you work for them.

Fact: If you don't pay them for your work every year(IRS), they
put you in a cage and make you work for them anyway.

That's why Rastaman a Rebel, I&I only do Jah Work!

Slave masters say: do as you're told of die.
Bankers now and always say the same through FBI, CIA & police.

Garvey said: don't wait until your back is against the wall.

Dirty babylon free the people
life worth more than money house & vehicle- I Wayne
April 13, 2009 09:57PM

Fact: Since 1913 most "Americans" pay tax to the Fed which loans that money to the US government to monetarily enslave the worlds population and silence or kill all who oppose them.

Fact: The US government was set up and still controlled by a handful of families from England with ties to Germany (where secret societies were formed) that control almost all other nations through banking (credit/debt) and military.
Hey Selecta: You got any evidence to support either of these "so-called" facts............? Merely placing the letters "F", "A", "C" and "T" in front of a sentence does not make is so. My taxes get paid to the U.S. Treasury (which IS the U.S. Government)
April 13, 2009 10:11PM
How many more are they going to take away from U.S.?

" if you dont stand up I'll do it for you "

Post Edited (04-13-09 15:12)
April 13, 2009 10:17PM
Daniel in the lions den. They don't teach these things in their schools. Yes the government (spokesmen & women for these bankers) also controls what the masses learn. That's why we have to seek knowledge because it is more dangerous to them than weapons.

Woodrow Wilson quote years after giving control of the US Banking to a few very cleaver very greedy men in 1913 as a bail out for the great depression (which they the same bankers created).

"I am a most unhappy man. I have unwittingly ruined my country.
A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit.
Our system of credit is concentrated. The growth of the nation,
therefore, and all our activities are in the hands of a few men.
We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely
controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world.
No longer a government by free opinion, no longer a government by
conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by
the opinion and duress of a small group of dominant men."

this should keep you busy.

[quotes.liberty-tree.ca]
April 13, 2009 10:24PM
"U.S. Treasury (which IS the U.S. Government)"

true. as opposed to the federal reserve, which is a private corporation.
April 13, 2009 10:27PM
Sorry Selecta, but I'm not doing your homework for you. If you want me to believe that "Americans pay tax to the Fed which loans that money to the US government" or that "The US government was set up and still controlled by a handful of families from England", then it will be incumbent upon you to show me the factual basis for these assertions. Please don't distract from your original post by alluding to a WW quote that has absolutely nothing to do with either of these contentions.....
April 13, 2009 10:35PM
April 13, 2009 10:42PM
And I got yelled at for the " choosing of the lesser of two evils " during election time.

Post Edited (04-13-09 15:45)
April 13, 2009 11:08PM
one thing is clear, it is easier for the masses to agree and numerate on the 'axis of evil' present in the world today. far easier say than agree and come to a collective on what progress is and how it would become manifest in this earthly plane. until that day that all of our troubles and misery cannot be pinned on the numerous external forces that surround us, we will not have the comprehension of those higher plateaus, let alone the means to establish a footing upon them.
April 13, 2009 11:38PM
Daniel, I don't have the time to teach you the history that your school didn't.

1 Who do you think set up the US government? Africans? Natives? Now it's not rocket science that the "founding fathers" would set it up to benefit themselves and their families future generations. That is who controls US government.

2 in 1913 the Federal Reserve Act was signed into law. The IRS is set up to enforce their tax system. You probably pay a big chunk of your hard earned income to them and if you don't they can and will threaten you with jail time. The Federal Reserve Bank is just a cleaver name for a private bank. It's pretty common knowledge. If you think otherwise your state sponsored education is working. Keep paying taxes, keep taking out loans (using a credit card, -Federal- Express), keep thinking you can own land, own a house. You can't truly own anything in modern day babylon. If one can own a house than why do they take it away if you don't pay them every year. Even if you paid for it in full with cash. Hmmm

I can keep going but If you want to be an ignorant victim of Babylon, go ahead and stand with the rest of the sheeple when babylon burns.
April 13, 2009 11:47PM
how could you ever think to 'truly own' anything?
April 13, 2009 11:51PM
for the woefully misinformed, OBAMA has indeed wholeheartedly embraced yet another wretched and anti-American Bush Policy....

OBAMA EMBRACES BUSH POSITION ON WARRANTLESS WIRETAPS

[www.indybay.org]

"The federal government has finally responded to Jewel v. NSA, a lawsuit against dragnet warrantless wiretapping filed last September by the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF).

In a motion filed on Friday, April 3rd, the Obama Dept. of Justice (DOJ) demanded that the entire lawsuit be dismissed based on both the Bush administration's claim that a "state secrets" privilege bars any lawsuits against the executive branch for illegal spying, as well as a novel "sovereign immunity" claim that the Patriot Act bars any lawsuits of any kind for illegal government surveillance, unless there was "willful disclosure" of the illegally intercepted communications.

According to EFF senior staff attorney Kevin Bankston, "this is the first time [the DOJ] claimed sovereign immunity against Wiretap Act and Stored Communications Act [SCA] claims. In other words, the administration is arguing that the U.S. can never be sued for spying that violates federal surveillance statutes, whether FISA, the Wiretap Act or the SCA."

Since at least 2001, AT&T and other major telecommunications carriers have apparently been engaged in a massive operation allowing the NSA to eavesdrop and record all voice and data communication. On Sept. 18th, 2008, San Francisco-based EFF filed a lawsuit in federal court against the NSA on behalf of five California AT&T customers to stop the ongoing surveillance of their telephone and internet communications. The plaintiffs are also suing the President, Vice President and other officials who ordered or participated in the warrantless wiretapping. "
April 14, 2009 12:01AM
1. Okay, so the United States is being controlled by The Braxtons, The Carrolls, the Clymers, The Ellerys, The Gerrys, The Hewes, The Morriss, The Pacas and the families of aonther few dozen families that virtually nobody has heard of (all of whom have ties to Germany. Thanks for clarifying that one up for me Selecta.

2. Why do you keep harping on the "private" nature of the Federal Reserve Bank? You said "most Americans pay tax to the Fed (Reserve Bank)", and I said prove it, cause I and all other "Americans" I know pay their federal taxes to the U.S. Treasury.

I get my education from alot of places INCLUDING (but certainly not limited to) 'state sponsored education'. One of the places I get educated from is this message board, and I had hoped you would be able to make a contribution in that regard. Sorry you don't have the time Selecta, I guess I'll have to continue living in ignorance a little longer...
April 14, 2009 12:15AM
for the woefully misinformed, OBAMA has indeed wholeheartedly embraced yet another wretched and anti-American Bush Policy....

OBAMA EMBRACES BUSH POSITION ON WARRANTLESS WIRETAPS

[www.indybay.org]

"The federal government has finally responded to Jewel v. NSA, a lawsuit against dragnet warrantless wiretapping filed last September by the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF).

In a motion filed on Friday, April 3rd, the Obama Dept. of Justice (DOJ) demanded that the entire lawsuit be dismissed based on both the Bush administration's claim that a "state secrets" privilege bars any lawsuits against the executive branch for illegal spying, as well as a novel "sovereign immunity" claim that the Patriot Act bars any lawsuits of any kind for illegal government surveillance, unless there was "willful disclosure" of the illegally intercepted communications.

According to EFF senior staff attorney Kevin Bankston, "this is the first time [the DOJ] claimed sovereign immunity against Wiretap Act and Stored Communications Act [SCA] claims. In other words, the administration is arguing that the U.S. can never be sued for spying that violates federal surveillance statutes, whether FISA, the Wiretap Act or the SCA."

Since at least 2001, AT&T and other major telecommunications carriers have apparently been engaged in a massive operation allowing the NSA to eavesdrop and record all voice and data communication. On Sept. 18th, 2008, San Francisco-based EFF filed a lawsuit in federal court against the NSA on behalf of five California AT&T customers to stop the ongoing surveillance of their telephone and internet communications. The plaintiffs are also suing the President, Vice President and other officials who ordered or participated in the warrantless wiretapping. "

April 14, 2009 12:18AM

the moderator goes straight to bickering and forgets to admit he was......

WRONG.

WRONG about OBAMAS wholehearted support for warrantless wiretaps.

Maybe you should stick to moderating cuz debate is not yer strongpoint.
April 14, 2009 12:58AM
Wrong about what exactly Nate? Please cite chapter and verse, cause the only thing I said about warrentless wiretaps is that Obama never signed any bill legalizing it. I've never said I fully agree with everything Obama has done, and voting for the revised FISA bill, refusing to declare a complete end to renditions and his claiming sovereign immunity on civil wire-tapping cases are just 3 examples of policies and decisions he has made that I definately do not agree with....
April 14, 2009 04:53AM
it is all bullshit conspiracy theory, thats all
designed to do just what is happening here, people sniping at each other...
you think the 'powers' that walk the halls of our capitol buildings are sniping each other? you think they are taking the 'wait an see' attitude about Obama and his works? hell no! they redoubling their efforts & forces to drive home their agendas...wickedness nah rest!
wake up people, get in touch with reality, keep your political representatives aware of what you want them to do for you, in your name;
join grassroots organizing such as moveon.org and help keep their feet to the fire...call yuh congressperson, write yuh representatives: TELL DEM!!!

otherwise ya can jus throw up yuh hands, say it is beyond my power to help make change, this vast conspiracy by the wealthy, we're doomed,
...yeah and yuh SHALL BE!

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
April 14, 2009 04:57AM
and when dem come to Obama and say sign this bill, or that one (which bill may be bad for 'we the people' - he has to be able to point out the window, at I, at U, and say "no, that is not what THEY want, not what THEY need"

...but if we are not there for him.... well...

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
April 14, 2009 07:03AM
I don't agree with everything Obama has done either, but the nuttiness that Ras E and others on this thread are peddling is the same crap that got us George W. Bush. The Naderites convinced many, including myself unfortunately, that there was no difference between Bush and Gore and took just enough votes away from Gore to give Bush the presidency. As the result we came damn close to total disaster. If Gore had been president instead of Bush we would not have had the Iraq War, torture, or many of the other bad things that the Bush years brought us. We would also be a lot closer to solving global warming.

While not perfect and dealing with an imperfect system, Obama has gone a long way to backing away from the war-mongering of the Bush administration. He never said that we were going to leave Iraq immediately and those idiots who keep making that claim show themselves to be either liars or totally delusional. He always said that it was going to be a well-planned, careful withdrawal. BTW, believing unfounded conspiracy theories does not make you "educated" it makes you a looney-toon.

Papa Ray had it right. "Regarding Obama: both the left and right political fringe are doing what they do best in this nation; casting accusation and offering the logic I would associate from the clinically paranoid, or serial users of impure but potent methamphetimine." The same left-wing fringe that brought us 8 years of W is once again attempting to undermine a good American leader and if they succeed will surely bring us another atrocious regime. It is worth noting that the GOP gave Nader a lot of behind the scenes support.

Papaken, I have no idea what your point is, but that''s OK, neither do you.

Post Edited (04-14-09 00:13)

April 14, 2009 07:23AM
The guy claiming that he has informants within the Bilderberg group and he has received info from them for years is hilarious to me. If those people really control everything, chances are they would've dealt with him long ago.

Even if there are some truths in the vid, it's bogus to me because they straight up say it's an unbiased film and that's clearly untrue. One doesn't even have to listen to the content, just check the tone.
April 14, 2009 11:26AM
Doggie Deception??

PROMISES, PROMISES: Is Obama dog a rescue or not?
AP

WASHINGTON – Is Bo a rescued dog or not? Did President Obama keep or break a campaign promise in picking the purebred as the family's new pet?

The twists and turns of the Portuguese water dog's route to the White House make for the kind of intrigue that political junkies and the highly opinionated dog world delight in.

Barack Obama and his wife Michelle said during the presidential campaign that they had promised their two girls a dog after the election.

The Obamas repeatedly said they wanted it to be a rescued dog such as one from a shelter. Their search was complicated by daughter Malia's allergies, which would rule out many of the "mutts" the president has said he would prefer.

Enter Bo, a 6-month-old puppy given up by his first owner and matched with the Obamas through his breeders. Because he was given up by his first owner as a poor fit and is now with his second owners, the Obamas, but never spent time in a shelter or with a rescue group, Bo is a "quasi-rescue dog," says Wayne Pacelle, chief executive of The Humane Society of the United States.

Here's where the intrigue comes in:

• Bo's breeders happen to have bred Sen. Edward Kennedy's Portuguese water dogs. The Massachusetts Democrat, an Obama friend and political ally, also acquired a pup from Bo's litter. Bo's breeders are fans of Obama and named Bo's litter the Hope and Change litter.

• Bo's first owner lives in Washington.

• Bo was returned to the breeder in early March, fitting the spring timeline the Obamas had given for their dog adoption.

• Kennedy and his wife Victoria helped line Bo up with the Obamas. Before moving into the White House, the pup spent nearly a month with the Kennedys' dog trainer in Virginia.

In fact, Bo is a gift to the Obamas' daughters, Malia and Sasha, from the Kennedys, said Katie McCormick Lelyveld, a spokeswoman for Michelle Obama. The puppy officially arrives Tuesday.

"They were starting their search with shelter dogs, but when the Kennedys learned of this dog and offered it as a gift to the girls, they met the dog, it was a perfect fit for their lifestyle and for Malia's health concerns," she said, adding that the Obamas are making a donation to the Washington Humane Society. "Because this gift came before their pound search sort of was completed, they made a gift to some of the places they were looking."

Still, conspiracy buffs might speculate that Bo was meant for the Obamas all along. Was his adoption engineered to look like a rescue — or at least blur the line to head off criticism that the Obamas had picked a purebred from a breeder?

The Humane Society's Pacelle acknowledged that the Obamas never flat-out promised to get a dog from a pound or rescue group. And the society has kind words for Obama on its Web site: "Thanks, Mr. President, for giving a second-chance dog a forever home," it says.

"He's in a gray area," Pacelle said of Bo. "But I will say that many animal advocates are disappointed that he (Obama) didn't go to a shelter or breed rescue group, partly because he set that expectation and because so many activists are focused on trying to reduce the number of animals euthanized at shelters, and there's no better person to make the case to the American public that you can get a great dog from a shelter than the president."

The group later removed its congratulatory message and replaced it with: "First Dog Unveiled. Concerns about impact on shelters, demand for breed as Bo makes his debut."

Bo could be considered rescued, since he was removed from a situation that wasn't working, said Cesar Millan, host of the National Geographic Channel's "The Dog Whisperer" and co-founder with his wife of a nonprofit foundation to help abused dogs.

To help Bo settle in, the Obamas should walk him a lot in the early days to bond with him, drain his energy and make him hungry for his meals, Millan said. That will give the dog a routine and help him see that the family is the source of his food, and he has to work for it, he said.

"The dog doesn't know he just moved in with the president of the United States. The dog is going to say, `Who fulfilled my needs from day one, so who should I trust from day one?'" Millan said.

Bo's breeder, Martha Stern of Boyd, Texas, said she doesn't consider Bo a rescued dog. Owners of dogs from the kennel she and her husband run must sign contracts requiring them to return the dogs to the Sterns if they do not work out, she said. Bo went from his first home, in Washington, to the Kennedys' trainer in Virginia, and now to the White House, she said.

Portuguese water dogs aren't for everyone, Stern said. Known as PWDs, they tend to be high-energy "in-your-face" dogs that need a lot of attention, and their curly coats require a lot of maintenance, she said.

Stern said the first family did a lot of research and already knew the breed's pros and cons, and that Victoria Kennedy was closely involved. Bo seemed like a good fit because the Obamas are an active family and have the resources to give him the training and other things he needs, Stern said.

"I wouldn't say he's excessively high in energy," she said, but still a "little bit more than middle-of-the-road."

"On a scale of five, he's probably about three," Stern said.

The dog's non-shedding coat also makes him a good choice, given Malia Obama's allergies.

Stern worries that puppy mills will try to capitalize on the Obamas' dog choice and start churning out PWDs for an eager public. It's the responsibility of good Portuguese water dog breeders to try to prevent that, she said.

As for Bo, he has already been neutered, Mrs. Obama's spokeswoman said.

___

Portuguese Water Dog Club of America: [www.pwdca.org]

The Humane Society of the United States: [www.hsus.org]

"Love The Life You Live & Live The Life You Love" Papa Briggy
April 14, 2009 02:58PM

Peace,
-RV
April 14, 2009 04:27PM
pretty freaky concepts.. we are all doomed

"It takes a whole village to raise a child" African Proverb
April 15, 2009 01:07AM
If my 'point' didn't get under your skin Jah Mikey, why respond? Everything is a 'conspiracy theory' not to be believed and everything is a scam not to be bought by heavyweight intellectuals like yourself.

Now I'm on my own
Now I'm left alone..
April 15, 2009 02:56AM
I responded "Papa Kenny" because you addressed me directly. Not everything is a conspiracy theory, but the nonsense being peddled at the top of this thread certainly is. You don't have to be a "heavyweight intellectual" to be able to tell the difference between legitimate concerns and the products of fevered imaginations. You just need to be able to examine evidence and think logically and critically. Sadly, all too many lack that skill.

April 15, 2009 03:32PM
Well said , Jah Michael. The director of the film is activist Alex Jones from Austin. I do believe a lot of what Alex brings to the table is rational, logical and thought provoking-so I do cringe when I see people rush to label him as an ordinary conspiracy theorist. No offense intended personally.

Now I'm on my own
Now I'm left alone..
April 15, 2009 09:17PM
Pretty tough to say what would or would not have happened if al gore became president a decade ago. I mean really. That is going WAY out on a limb.

He did invent the internets though. I'll give him that much.
April 15, 2009 10:03PM
One thing is true under Obama...

Right wing extremism is on the rise....

[www.cnn.com]

It seems the reggae massive would be better served with a basic and rational social analysis of modern society, it's fundamental shortcomings, and improvements that people can make in their own lives and in the lives of others.

Fanciful and speculative theories about grandiose topics for popular consumption seems a bit absurd.

Why is the reggae massive interested in 'conspiracy theory' which is mostly based in right-wing ie. racialist white supremacist thought, esp. the anti-Obama fervor which is mos def part of the right-wing backlash and resurgence????

April 15, 2009 10:22PM
Nate pretty much sums up my view on this w/ the above comment...
April 15, 2009 10:26PM
seen...which is 1 reason why I started the "do you know what time it is" thread.

but I guess it wasn't well received.......
April 15, 2009 10:53PM
Eminent thanks to rational reggae citizens.......papa ray and riffy.
April 16, 2009 01:30AM
"Pretty tough to say what would or would not have happened if al gore became president a decade ago. I mean really. That is going WAY out on a limb.

He did invent the internets though. I'll give him that much."

He opposed the Iraq war from the beginning, so I don't think its going "out On a limb? to say we wouldn't have had that disaster to deal with had he been president. And considering he won a Nobel Peace Prize for his work on global warming I don't think its going out on a limb to say that we would be a lot farther ahead on climate change with him in the oval office.

He never said that he invented the internet. Check your facts before making silly statements.

April 16, 2009 02:26PM
Really---how 'far out on a limb' is it to consider the obvious difference in approach/philosophy Gore would have brought to the Oval Office??

For one, Gore would not have the deep&incestuous ties to the energy/oil
corporations, ties that go right thru Enron and onto the House Of Saud.

Or, Dick Cheney as his administration's puppeteer.

This is like shooting Bonita in a child's wading pool...
April 16, 2009 02:43PM
Gore in 2012!!!!!

April 16, 2009 04:10PM

April 16, 2009 05:41PM
Al Gore?

forget that, whatever happened to Bill Bradley?

IMHO, he was the best candidate for the position in the primaries back then. and McCain was a much stronger candidate for the republicans 8+ years ago then Bush II, although I think the racial slur he used when referring to his captors in Vietnam was the nail in the coffin for him.

The two best candidates lost the primaries! Shows a lot about our country...
I think about what it would have been like with Bill Bradley running the country. How different would the world be then?

Unfortunatley there is no purity in dutty livity many take to the evil so quickly so do all the good you can today...
April 16, 2009 05:48PM
the "dollar" dropping a bomb from deep...

April 16, 2009 06:03PM
who would anyone in here think would do a better job then Obama?
April 16, 2009 06:06PM
selassie i?
April 16, 2009 10:00PM
Ninja's question is disguised just like he is uusually: what he's really asking is "Who in here would think Obama might do a bad job?!

Now I'm on my own
Now I'm left alone..
April 16, 2009 10:52PM
The Naked Emporer by David Icke

[www.davidicke.com]

April 16, 2009 11:11PM
Oh yeah, the Brit who believes there are reptilian huminoids among us who
Run Things.

And, he sez this while not claiming they're CPAs or estate lawyers. Oh no...
it's --- ICKY.

Post Edited (04-16-09 16:13)
April 16, 2009 11:22PM
Yeah, I've read some of Icke's stuff. A friend of mine truly believes his theories, and all that NWO stuff, and he's a teacher with a Master's. While I do think there is some shady happenings going on behind the scenes, I think Icke is a crackpot. C'mon, reptiles? Blue blood? Whatever....
In "Children of the Matrix", Icke SWEARS that Hillary is a Reptillian and will win the presidency hands down. Since she didn't win, is Obama a Reptillian?
April 16, 2009 11:28PM
April 16, 2009 11:30PM
here u go Reggabe smiling smiley

Post Edited (04-16-09 16:32)
April 16, 2009 11:53PM
It is okay to critize Obama on the issue but I noticed that some people have hard time dealing with a black man in the white house. Some think that according their version of democracy is that they have to decide how far people of colors can go and white house is not one place they don,t want to see people of colors.

They seem to forget that every time African Americans fought for their freedom , they made this country shine as well as strighten democracy . I also want to remind people that African American fought for this country when they didn,t even have a right in this country. From civil war to every major this country involoved since it was creation.

Racisim is a deep seated problem that white people have in their heart and it will take another 100 years to overcome , untill then the fight continue to educate racist to over come their sickness.

Fight your demons and Jah will reward u.

Peace.

April 16, 2009 11:58PM
It is okay to critize Obama on the issue but I noticed that some people have hard time dealing with a black man in the white house. Some think that according their version of democracy is that they have to decide how far people of colors can go and white house is not one place they want to see people of colors.

They seem to forget that every time African Americans fought for their freedom , they made this country shine as well as strighten democracy . I also want to remind people that African American fought for this country when they didn,t even have a right in this country. From civil war to every major war this country involoved since it was creation.

Racisim is a deep seated problem that white people have in their heart and it will take another 100 years to overcome , untill then the fight continue to educate racist to over come their sickness.

Fight your demons and Jah will reward u.

Peace.
April 17, 2009 01:04AM
Nice one Jahlava smiling smiley

That picture is kinda freaky, no?!?

And I read that article you linked. Some of it I believe, some seems a bit over-the-top.

It sure is hard to find "the truth" these days, huh?
April 17, 2009 01:21AM
politics = politricks = multitricks = many tactics to control people, brainwash people, divide people, and planting the seeds like "solving the solutions to problems are seemingly unattainable" and "there's nothing you can do except accept these problems as the only way are world operates." Obama is a political puppet (although a different puppet) just like the last many presidents. The last president who went against the seeds was killed. The only true leader in politricks in this time is a martyr. Anyone given the title of president of the united states and stills lives is a walking puppet. Just my opinion though, trust yourself and in what gives you hope in this time

forward real instrumental music
bless
April 17, 2009 01:35AM
yes Reggabe, it's a time to be WISE discerning... and true Icke can be a bit over the top with his Ayahuasca trip, Reptiods and African Shaman friend, but he still seems to connect some of the dots with his research and reporting...

Obama EXPOSED!

Icke on 2012

April 17, 2009 01:57AM
Right on Balboa, I feel ya.

You part of the celebrity hornz? When is Tuff Lion coming back? Love that dude...
April 17, 2009 05:22AM
Tuff Lion will be at the NW World Reggae Festival Aug 7-9. Check it out. Jah Mike seh so. [nwworldreggae.com]

April 17, 2009 05:59AM
Papa Ray:
"For one, Gore would not have the deep&incestuous ties to the energy/oil
corporations"

Occidental petroleum is the one to look at here.

Al Gore being the spokesperson for Global Warming and offering a solution of co2 trading, while ignoring the greater problem of pollution is enough to make me consider some scientists who suggest co2 follows temperature rise. NOT VISE VERSA.

For the thread as a whole, an important word is "vetted" and who does the vetting.

alex jones doesn't do much for me.

Ninja:
"who would anyone in here think would do a better job then Obama?"

If you are talking about a politician representing the majority of the population, then I say Kucinich. simply on the basis of disfavor with wars.

Mostly, I agree Balboa. big up the horns and real instrumental music.
April 17, 2009 02:46PM
WELL SPEAKING OF THE HORNS!!!---Last night I see the wicked FRED WESLEY w/ his new JBs, and they were taking no prisoners and killing the funk/R&B/Be-Bop as only the state of the art perfect-master music architect Wesley can lay it out---of course, this is one of the greatest of living trombone players, the arranger/bandleader/co-writer of 99% of the funk patterns referenced/sampled by hip hop players when it comes to James Brown's music.

And did the same thing for Parlafunkadelic in '76.

Best show I've seen in long time---deeper than deep. I might have to make this a new topic here....
April 17, 2009 03:00PM
Dennis has the best ideas, but he cannot get enough people with real power to buy in to what he is saying. I believe he was the only canidate to suggest making Institutions of higher learning free. The best idea one I have heard in over 30 years. He said he would pay for it by reducing the defense budget by 1%. You know how many enemies that makes? We have a Republican appointed defense Sec. in Gates. He just tried to cut the defense budget and he is already meeting fierce resistence from who? Democrats who know those reductions mean loot reductions. Tis never as simple as the will of the President and that is probably a good thing. Obama is unique in that the world believes him. After GW no one else would have brought the type of "change" in image that Obama could. Is that enough? Certainly not. We put the guy in to do work. If we have a High Speed train in the nest 4 years that get's me from Portland to SF in 2.37 hours I am all about OBAMA.
April 17, 2009 03:31PM
The high speed train is a good idea, but there is no way that a high speed train from Portland to SF can be built in 4 years... prepare for disappointment.

Peace,
-RV
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login