Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Time

Posted by Time 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Time
November 20, 2004 10:38AM
The consequences of this intrusion of time, via language, indicate that the latter is no more innocent, neutral, or assumption-free than the former. Time is not only, as Kant said, at the foundation of all our representations, but, by this fact, also at the foundation of our adaptation to a qualitatively reduced, symbolic world. Our experience in this world is under an all-pervasive pressure to be representation, to be almost unconsciously degraded into symbols and measurements. ``Time'', wrote the German mystic Meister Eckhart, ``is what keeps the light from reaching us.''

[recollectionbooks.com]
Re: Time
November 20, 2004 10:50AM
OK Mario
November 20, 2004 05:39PM
Dildoing is the best means we have of passing time.
W. H. Janicwichski
November 20, 2004 07:00PM
...is a moment in space
Moment in space...
November 20, 2004 08:25PM
...is a movement in time.

One love,

Rootz
November 20, 2004 09:15PM
I have wasted time
Now doth time waste me

- King Richard II

And to Meister Ekkihart, Leonard Cohen:

Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in.
November 20, 2004 10:39PM
I love the name of the journal the essay appeared in: "Anarchy: a journal of desire armed". Do I have the honour of addressing the article's author, Mr Time?
Aaron
November 21, 2004 02:46PM
NEW "TIME" TO KEEP EVERYTHING FROM HAPPENING AT ONCE

CAMBRIDGE, MA -- On what is now know as "Friday," MIT scientists unveiled "time," a revolutionary new event-sequencing system that organises phenomena along a four-dimensional axis, preventing everything from taking place simulataneously.

"No longer with the extinction of the dinosaurs, the assassination of John F. Kennedy and the Earth-Xabraxiq Pod Wars all collapse into a single point," theoretical physicist Dr. Lawrence Chang said.

"With time, we can now contexualize each of the uiverse's infinte number of occurences in its own spatial-temporal plane, creating order where there was once chaos."

Added Dr. Erno Toffel: Using time, one event can be positioned chronologically as as to be the cause of another. For ecample, a man's death may result in a gun being fired at him. Or the other way around. We're still working out some of the kinks."