Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Time

Posted by Time 
Time
November 20, 2004 10:38AM
The consequences of this intrusion of time, via language, indicate that the latter is no more innocent, neutral, or assumption-free than the former. Time is not only, as Kant said, at the foundation of all our representations, but, by this fact, also at the foundation of our adaptation to a qualitatively reduced, symbolic world. Our experience in this world is under an all-pervasive pressure to be representation, to be almost unconsciously degraded into symbols and measurements. ``Time'', wrote the German mystic Meister Eckhart, ``is what keeps the light from reaching us.''

[recollectionbooks.com]
Re: Time
November 20, 2004 10:50AM
OK Mario
November 20, 2004 05:39PM
Dildoing is the best means we have of passing time.
W. H. Janicwichski
November 20, 2004 07:00PM
...is a moment in space
Moment in space...
November 20, 2004 08:25PM
...is a movement in time.

One love,

Rootz
November 20, 2004 09:15PM
I have wasted time
Now doth time waste me

- King Richard II

And to Meister Ekkihart, Leonard Cohen:

Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in.
November 20, 2004 10:39PM
I love the name of the journal the essay appeared in: "Anarchy: a journal of desire armed". Do I have the honour of addressing the article's author, Mr Time?
Aaron
November 21, 2004 02:46PM
NEW "TIME" TO KEEP EVERYTHING FROM HAPPENING AT ONCE

CAMBRIDGE, MA -- On what is now know as "Friday," MIT scientists unveiled "time," a revolutionary new event-sequencing system that organises phenomena along a four-dimensional axis, preventing everything from taking place simulataneously.

"No longer with the extinction of the dinosaurs, the assassination of John F. Kennedy and the Earth-Xabraxiq Pod Wars all collapse into a single point," theoretical physicist Dr. Lawrence Chang said.

"With time, we can now contexualize each of the uiverse's infinte number of occurences in its own spatial-temporal plane, creating order where there was once chaos."

Added Dr. Erno Toffel: Using time, one event can be positioned chronologically as as to be the cause of another. For ecample, a man's death may result in a gun being fired at him. Or the other way around. We're still working out some of the kinks."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login