Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Don Carlos and Prezdient Brown-Nov 30th Santa Cruz

Posted by ROOTS 
ROOTS
Don Carlos and Prezdient Brown-Nov 30th Santa Cruz
November 22, 2004 10:06PM
Greetings Massive,
Just a reminder of the Vibez SHowcase coming up on Nov 30th at the Santa Cruz Vets Hall at 846 Front Street in Downtown Santa Cruz. This will be a big show so don't miss this one. Don Carlos and the Prez will be blessing up this show.
BIG UP YOURSELF!!
Re: Don Carlos and Prezdient Brown-Nov 30th Santa Cruz
November 23, 2004 02:41AM
Don's always worth checking out. Unfortunently, there was a misunderstanding with the age policy of the petaluma show, so I can't make it. So i think i'm gonna head to Reggae Angels in berkeley on saturday. Anyone who gets to see Don during any of these shows, enjoy the show twice as much for Ras James smiling smiley. Peace
poppatop
November 23, 2004 06:02PM
Mr. Carlos will also be performing on the 27th @ 19 Broadway in Fairfax.
jbwelda
November 23, 2004 06:08PM
you going to that one poppa? if so i might forward down there to check it.

one love
jah bill
miguel
November 23, 2004 06:13PM
I went to the show last friday in long beach with wadi gad. What a good show! Scientist was at the controls, which made everything sound so irie. I liked wadi gad alot more at this show than other times I have seen him. With scientist at the controls, this show is defintetly worth checking out.
reggaefan
November 23, 2004 06:45PM
Miguel,

How was the crowd (size-wise) at the Long Beach show?
Ras Eye
November 27, 2004 06:51AM
This is the show to end the year. Just got my tickets todaysmiling smiley
miguel
November 28, 2004 10:45PM
it was a good sized crowd...not sold out, but it was probably close to it. I had never been to the venue before, and I dont really like it now that much either. They were throwing people out left and right for smoking herb. However, the sound was top notch, especially with scientist at the controls. Still, not being able to blaze it up was a downer....
jbwelda
November 29, 2004 04:38AM
just checked the show in fairfax last night...werent throwing anyone out there. don is the don and wadi gads outfit just keeps getting better.

one love
jah bill
miguel
November 29, 2004 06:27AM
well thats good. yeah i'll totally agree with you on that...wadi gad's band keeps sounding better everytime I see them.

did don play gimmie your love? I have seen him quite a few times now and he never has played it.
November 30, 2004 03:02PM
good to hear that Don's shows have been going well. Did anyone get a chance to check out the show in petaluma? Peace.

jbwelda
November 30, 2004 04:43PM
the show in petaluma (phoenix theatre, wasnt it?) was supposed to be one of the best so far in this tour, according to wadi and loren the soundman anyhow. big up to loren by the way for making 19 broadway sound great (and thats a first in my book).

one love
jah bill
November 30, 2004 06:08PM
i was at the mystic theater in petaluma, stood up by bufobufo again. he said he doesn't like yellow dildos so he stayed home. the show was hott, the band (especially bassman) sounded great. the mystic theater seems to have real tight acoustics and the bass was boooming. don carlos put on a lively show, he is such a smooth performer. i didn't hear anything "new" from don carlos, seems like it was the same show as snwmf but i have no problem with that. they came back for a 3 song encore to a most appreciative crowd.
jbwelda
November 30, 2004 06:19PM
wadi mentioned that at one show (evidently not the one in petaluma) don took all requests from the audience...that really keeps the band on its toes!

evidently wadi's outfit is backing prez brown tonite as well as don.

i really dig those horn players that accompany them. that blonde sax guy looks like some rockabilly cat and has the greatest expression on his face most of the time, like hes really soaking it in. and he seems distracted but everytime a horn riff part comes up, hes right there on point.

anyway, have fun tonite in santa cruz, it would be my bet that its going to be the best show on the tour.

one love
jah bill
November 30, 2004 06:19PM
Sitting Pon Santa Cruz Corner, one Tuesday evening
Building a spliff for I & I brethren,
Seen Daddy Carlos forwarding pon the Vets hall
And it sure sounds sweet, yes to me...

Wadi's bassie is named Toho, and aside from laying down a wicked low-end, he is one of the nicest dreads on the Bay Area set.
Do not miss the show tonight at the Santa Cruz Vets Hall. Dj Hadi and Prezident Brown are guaranteed to get the place bubbling, and Don is aging like a fine wine, better everytime I see him.
Respect due to Dan and the Good Vibez crew for bringing the best in roots reggae everytime. It can be rough "on the frontline."
-MK
Vibez Dem Nice
November 30, 2004 06:38PM
Getting ready for a big one tonite.. If you are anywhere near Santa Cruz today you need to be at this special show. Not only will Don be lighting the place up The Prez will be there to start the show...Light it Up!!
November 30, 2004 11:49PM
>who'z got iNi recording trade* 2nd generation & 2004 level honered here for dis date only* -RASpects+
December 01, 2004 03:47AM
Cool to hear petaluma went well. The show was at the Mystic Theatre (pretty much right down the street from the phoenix). Phoenix is a nice venue, and the guy who runs it is one of the best people i've gotten to work with, but unfortunently they don't do many reggae shows. Strictly Roots used to always bring people in, but nowadays the Mystic is really the only north bay venue i've heard brings in crowds for reggae shows. Peace.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login