Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bob Marley - football stadium style

Posted by FLEX de Chocomel 
FLEX de Chocomel
Bob Marley - football stadium style
November 23, 2004 12:55AM
It always amazes me when I think about it - imagine going from load your own stuff van tours to playing packed football stadiums well within the space of 10 years. Intense.

If Bob hadn't passed on I wonder if BMW would have remained at stadium touring level or shifted to theatre or club dates..
Re: Bob Marley - football stadium style
November 23, 2004 11:24AM

[robertnestamarley.free.fr]

Mash it Up! - Upbeat, danceable reggae and straight-up, funky-assed funk.
We give money to the Alpha Boys School
[www.mashitup.org.uk]
mark b
November 23, 2004 01:02PM
mtv unplugged,touring with u2,m jackson,etc etc
DG
November 23, 2004 01:03PM
or "The Marleys"
rez
November 23, 2004 01:29PM
I imagine the 80's and digital reggae would have been as unkind to Bob Marley as it was to most of the rest of the original 60's/70's era roots artists.

Who knows what might have happened though. What is to be must have to be.
November 23, 2004 01:34PM
"I imagine the 80's and digital reggae would have been as unkind to Bob Marley as it was to most of the rest of the original 60's/70's era roots artists."

That said, Bob's career and sound was not tied as closely to the Jamaican scene as some of those other artists, and the Wailers' sound was already developing independently in a direction different from JA dancehall. Like you said, who knows?

One love,

Rootz
wareika
November 23, 2004 02:07PM
I think that it is impossible to imagine what path the BMW's music would have follow if Bob didn't die. Perhaps he would have remain a pop star?

OT part: there is a special issue of a French football mag called "So Foot" dedicated to Bob Marley and football. I didn't read it yet but it looks like interesting with articles about Alan Scole & Bob and Bob's football life. Full of pictures of BMW playing football.

wareika
mark b
November 23, 2004 02:16PM
Personally i think he would have kept with the pop music he was doing towards the end.
FLEX de Chocomel
November 23, 2004 03:54PM
Yes - I also think there would have been a shift towards more commercial stylings as with the 'Confrontation' album..
I think he would be on a kind of 'Bob Dylan' level nowadays where the classics would have been in the past but would tour etc to a decent fan base as a living legend..
Obviously we will never know..
mark b
November 23, 2004 04:05PM
Besides bob leaving this planet,if lee perry hadnt lost his little bouncy ball and peter and bunny could of settled their diferences maybe things would of turned out better.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login