Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wackie's Dub Question

Posted by trinitymlk 
Wackie's Dub Question
November 23, 2004 03:06AM
Does any one know which of the Wackie's dub albums has the rythms used on Clive Field Marshall's "Poor House Rockers"?
I have one match on Jamaica Super Dub with the track "old man charlie", but really want to find a match for "Ting a ling style", and "State Trooper".

-MK
Re: Wackie's Dub Question
November 24, 2004 12:08AM
Where did all the knowledable Baffers Go?

I know someone has got some BullWackie knowledge out there!

Careful How you drive pon New Jersey TurnPike
ME said the officer a flashing de lights
Me said me pull over pon de side
I said I pull over upon de side

Me said him write me a ticket
You know it was twenty dollars
Them should a left dat to the normal officer
State Trooper Take Over!
November 24, 2004 12:10AM
trinitymlk - the pubs are open, thats where they are.
November 24, 2004 12:15AM
That is a baaad album from the one Clive Field Marshall.

Don't know where the dubs are.
November 24, 2004 12:16AM
Thats funny, it seems they stay up all night listening to Prince Buster and trashing record label execs. Oh well, maybe some stateside crew has the deeper Wackie's dub box.
I'm still curious.

God Bless the Queen Mum! -MK
Fish
November 24, 2004 12:18AM
Dubstar, one of the resident Wackies experts, doesn't seem to have made it over here yet, but Ron has - perhaps he knows?

Agree that it's a good deejay album (although I don't particularly like that weird slowdown/speed up in "Ting A Ling"winking smiley, just (like Bun) don't know where the dubs are to be found.
November 24, 2004 12:20AM
And me say tinga!
November 24, 2004 01:15AM
I have that slowdown/speed up thing on my (CD) copy as well Fish...I'm wondering if the current reissue was mastered from vinyl with that error in it or if it was present in the original vinyl release and is somehow intended to be that way...doesn't seem likely.

Nice dj album however, it reminds me of Militant Barry in terms of the frequent topical lyrics on subjects of the day (I especially like the lines about the Luke & Laura soap opera saga!)
November 24, 2004 01:20AM
The speed-up, slow down is on the vinyl re-release as well. I can't speak for the original 1981 release, as my copy is from Ernie.
It sounds to me like BullWackie did that intentionally, the way it slowly works back into the normal cadence.
Probably trying to add a touch of dub effect to the track.
Does any one know of any other work by Clive Field Marshall? Was this dread from NY, or originally from JA?
Fish
November 24, 2004 03:13AM
There was at least one Wackies 12":
Milton Henry & Clive Field Marshall: Rock On/Come On // Ithiopia

Wicked tune. Don't know of any others.
November 24, 2004 03:22AM
>It sounds to me like BullWackie did that intentionally, the way it slowly works back into the normal cadence.<

Sounds to me like it was mastered from an LP that had a warp affecting that spot in the track, either that or some sort of speed problem with the turntable. It doesn't seem to fit with the song at all to my ears to have been intentionally recorded that way...
jbwelda
November 24, 2004 03:31AM
i figure it was on purpose, for a misguided purpose. stupid dub effects, as it were.

or it could be that quality control was so poor as to let that slip by as an error, but its a pretty grevious error.

one love
jah bill
November 24, 2004 03:35AM
>or it could be that quality control was so poor as to let that slip by as an error, but its a pretty grevious error.>

errors in reggae JB? You must be joking :-)
jbwelda
November 24, 2004 03:58AM
even so, that is really pushing the envelope. rarely did even S1 do such a thing.

one love
jah bill
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login