Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Midnite is a must!!!

Posted by venumtooth 
Midnite is a must!!!
January 16, 2004 08:21AM
Yo I would love midnite to play the big stage saturday night!!
We need more fresh conscious roots reggae bands like Midnite!!
they hold a positive conscious uplifting vibe!!
Big up midnite, Sister carol and all positive artists!!!

Re: Midnite is a must!!!
January 16, 2004 08:39AM
Check em out at bob marley festival in Long Beach and SD.
January 17, 2004 04:05AM
I just heard that Mdnite is playing 4 shows for Renegade in February. The one confirmed for sure is Wednesday, Feb 18 at the Miners Foundry in Nevada City. Great little venue. Let's all go there an lobby for them to come to SNWMF this summer. If anyone finds out their other dates please post them. I think they will also play Tahoe, Sacramento and maybe Chico or Fresno.
zana
January 28, 2004 08:53AM
Midnite is my Favorite reggae band of all time now. I'm so glad that they will be playing in Sacramento. I will not miss this show!
I'm trying to find some of their lyrics, particularly the song 'Ras for a Reason' from the album "Seek Knowledge Before Vengance"
Anyone have any suggestions?
Re: Midnite is not a must!!!
January 28, 2004 09:23AM

sorry, but Midnite is not a must for me
January 28, 2004 10:53AM
venumtooth says "play the big stage". please note - all reggae should play the big stage. 2 years in a row there has been reggae on both stages at the same time. make sure reggae is on big stage only and no competing reggae on the small stage. i don't want to have to make a choice as to who to give my attention to. thank you.
Re: Midnite is not a must!!!
January 28, 2004 10:53AM
Why?
Do you not seek conscious rtoots reggae?
MIdnite a hold da vibes!!!
Who is your must?
bun n cheese
January 28, 2004 11:00AM
I can see his point. We are about to have them play for the 3rd time in less than a year... there vibe is the same on each tune, each time they play. I am tired of them. Dont care if they play or not. Just might miss the show coming up.
Havent pull out any of their music at home or to an audience in longer than I can remember.

Must see Lloyd Brown. His new album is growing on me a lot.
napabink
January 28, 2004 05:26PM
Yes, Midnite is a must! But, yeah we've seen 'em. And they are definately not "diverse" musically. But, I can recall a time when I wanted more acts with vibes exactly like Midnite's to come pon the scene. I know they are growing feircely on the Nor Cal massive, I don't mind at all if they become a staple of our reggae diet here. Though the money spent on them could be used to seal the deal on say.........
letting 2 sounds play at one time!!! CLASH!!!
-napabink
bun n cheese
February 09, 2004 01:42PM
They mashed it up in Portland on Saturday. Played a great set. Seemed more upbeat than on previous stops. The crowd loved every bit of it, as usual.
bun n cheese
February 09, 2004 01:43PM
Will see them again this weekend at Long Beach. Cant wait to get this weekend started!
Zana
February 10, 2004 09:29AM
Midnite is playing in my home town in 2 weeks. I haven't seen them live yet, but I have 3 of their albums.
I don't think I'll go to see them this time though. I'm very bummed about it.
The reason being is the venue in which they are playing. I've seen Buju Banton and Damian Marley play there and the sound system is so terrible. The show is not enjoyable because of it. In fact, it is down right miserable. So, I will forgo seeing Midnite even though I really love them.
bun n cheese
February 10, 2004 10:02AM
I have a feeling that they wont deal with some tin pan sound. I bet if you went, you would be suprised.
jb welda
February 10, 2004 10:59AM
i have a feeling they wont have much choice as far as "tin pan sound". i dont think they will have it in their power to change that if it is so.

one love
jah bill
February 10, 2004 12:57PM
Seen the band, they're Ok, I would advise the Midnite massive to go out and buy some gladiators & twinkle brothers, among others....I find Midnite pretty derivative, but cali peoples seems to love this. Oh yeah, somewhere along the line this band needs to find a sense of humor....I know there must be rougher places to live than st croix, seen?? jb welda wrote:

> i have a feeling they wont have much choice as far as "tin pan
> sound". i dont think they will have it in their power to change
> that if it is so.
>
>
flip
February 10, 2004 01:20PM
i thought midnite put on a great show in 2002. Last year I looked forward to their performance but was mildly disapointed. wouldn't mind seeing them again but i could say that about 50 people and groups that have appeared over the last few years.
August 21, 2004 09:04AM
I will support Midnite through all. Their message is positive and uplifting. For those who are ready to move to a higher level of consciousness then they are necessary. The most beautiful thing is that they believe in their message to the masses. Blessings.
August 21, 2004 11:19AM
more fyah!!!!!!!
Re: Midnite Lyrics
January 02, 2006 03:25PM
Did anyone ever reply to the ?, how to find Midnite Lyrics to the Album Seek Knowledge before Vengence.
January 02, 2006 03:35PM
Check out VIreggae and the Midnite Group:

[www.vireggae.com]
[launch.groups.yahoo.com]

The album sleeve does not have lyrics, but I put the pieces together on a couple of songs, and the group has been collectively attempting to transcribe lyrics to all their music which is located in the files section of the Midnite group....
January 03, 2006 01:32PM
"an official withdraw to the more fyah commit here seen..
saint who???
-RASpects+
January 03, 2006 01:47PM
Sorry Jahmeek, but while the laws adopted by the snwmf do allow for the 'withdrawal' of a request to have Josie Wales forward to the festival, there is no similar provision that applies to 'more fyah' comments.....
January 03, 2006 02:07PM
>ALL rite Daniel i*ll keep that in my mindspring.com . : ) .
-RASpects+
January 04, 2006 12:43PM
I absolutely love Midnite and am really sad to say that it's very unlikely they'll ever come up to eastern Canada... I remember sending an email asking this question and the reply I got was "most likely not unless there are a few other places in the area that would want them to play as well".. I guess it's would be way too much effort and cost to bring them here... Shame though!

Anyone know where else I might be able to catch them that is relatively close to the Ottawa/Montreal or Toronto area, even states side?

Bless,
RG
January 04, 2006 01:11PM
ReggaeGirl. Midnite has played at Stowe in Vermont several times. If memory serves me correctly, Montreal is not that far away, so maybe you could could pull off a date there in conjunction with their next east coast tour....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login