Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

JULY 24TH H.I.M. EARTHDAY CELEBRATION -ROOTS DANCE -RASTAFARI ART SHOW -BENEFIT

Posted by LIONHEART SOUNDS 
JULY 24TH H.I.M. EARTHDAY CELEBRATION -ROOTS DANCE -RASTAFARI ART SHOW -BENEFIT
July 05, 2009 08:18AM
Blessings to all Sierra Nevada Family,

We hope ones are well and enjoying the summer vibes. For those in the bay area come forward July 24th in celebration of the life and works of His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie I. This event is an effort to unify our community and create a positive space where each one plays a role in the upliftment of each other. All are welcome to come and share the vibrations...

Lionheart Sounds presents

H.I.M. 117th Earthday Celebration

Roots and Culture Dub Dance

w/ musical selections by

Selectah Malachi - Royal Majestic Sound

Doctor - Kebra Ethiopia Sound & The Poor Man's Movement (special guest from South Africa)

Lionheart Sounds - Modern Roots Meditations

and

Heartical UK Dub & Steppers Showcase w/

Low Tones - Dub Collective

& Andy G - Roots and Wires Sound Dimensional

special guests on the mic

Arkaingelle, Luv Fyah, Molly Rose, Popo Ites
Biblical, Sista Kat & Nature Makonnen

5000 W sounds system engineered by Rummy

Rastafari Art Showcase by Ras Elijah Tafari, Natty Rebel, & Ras Terms

Ital Food and Drinks by Kush Organic Kitchen

July 24th 2009 @ Triple 2 Seven Gallery

2227 International Blvd. Oakland CA 94606

8 PM - @ 2 AM ALL AGES - BRING THE FAMILY

1/5th of door and all proceeds benefit The Poor Man's Movement working to feed, clothe, and educate youth in Kwa Thema, Johannesburg, South Africa

$5 - $10 suggested donation, no one turned away

"It is our conviction that all the activities of the children of men, which are not guided by the Spirit and counsel of God will bear no lasting fruits... "

H.I.M. Emperor Haile Selassie I
Re: JULY 24TH H.I.M. EARTHDAY CELEBRATION -ROOTS DANCE -RASTAFARI ART SHOW -BENEFIT
July 05, 2009 04:48PM
Looking forward to being a part of this one Lionheart. A huge effort being put forward by you and all involved.
Re: JULY 24TH H.I.M. EARTHDAY CELEBRATION -ROOTS DANCE -RASTAFARI ART SHOW -BENEFIT
July 05, 2009 04:56PM
BIG RASPECT TO ALL INVOLVED......SPREAD JAH WORKS ACROSS CREATION.

ISES!
July 06, 2009 05:10PM
Yes, this is the gathering to look forward to.
Blessings!
Re: JULY 24TH H.I.M. EARTHDAY CELEBRATION -ROOTS DANCE -RASTAFARI ART SHOW -BENE
July 06, 2009 05:42PM
give thanks and blessings
nuff ras spect for dis vibes
July 06, 2009 06:44PM
make sure fe check InI bredren Ras Elijah and his art. He is a very talented artist from NM and is currently working on a comic book with Iman
put the knowledge to the music star, nice.
Re: JULY 24TH H.I.M. EARTHDAY CELEBRATION -ROOTS DANCE -RASTAFARI ART SHOW -BENE
July 07, 2009 12:51AM
bigup Lionheart for the good works
thanks for making this an all ages event
July 07, 2009 09:22PM
Give thanks for each one's positivity and supportive energy. We really hope ones can come forward and be with us on that night. It is going to be a truly joyous gathering with so much being offered. Truly giving thanks for everyone involved, all the creative and heartfelt energy, and the support of the unity based vision. Nuff Respect For Real!!!

So a little about The Poor Man's Movement/Kebra Ethiopia Sound who 1/5 of all money from the door and all money after costs (promotion, sound, venue) are taken care of....

THE POOR MAN"S MOVEMENT & KEBRA ETHIOPIA SOUND - from [www.myspace.com]

"This project is the vision of a Doctor, Lido, Tyler Tragemann, Katlego, Pure Anywear and Montana. The vision is to use reggae music as a catalyst to lift up the poor in his community of Kwa Thema, Johannesburg under the banner of a not-for-proft organisation named The Poor Man Movement.

Reggae music has its roots in the ghettos of Jamaica. It is a music of the poor, the sufferers, and it deals with a positive message of love, righteousness and spirituality.

Reggae is a truly global music that unites people across the world and forms links that cross racial and national barriers. The vision is to use reggae dances and events in the local community to bring people together, both locally and internationally, and to use these events to bring in help and resources to build up the community and to help the poorest people in practical ways.

Doctor and his friends know from personal experience what it means to live with poverty and for the community you live in to lack resources. Everything which the Poor Man Movement seeks to do is about lifting up the poorest and helping them in their daily struggles, but also to assist with education and learning in the community, because education is the key that enables children to earn good salaries and to lift up the whole community over time. "

"It is our conviction that all the activities of the children of men, which are not guided by the Spirit and counsel of God will bear no lasting fruits... "

July 08, 2009 07:56PM

July 08, 2009 08:06PM
looking forward, and will come hungry. kush organic is a wholesome treat!
July 10, 2009 06:31PM
Yes Family,

Check out these photo albums of past works at the Triple 2 Seven Gallery.

[viewmorepics.myspace.com]

[viewmorepics.myspace.com]

Really a nice place to gather and a joy to take the dance out of the bar and into the art space.

Blessed

July 11, 2009 05:43PM
Yes Massive,

Although just reaching the Bay Area Royal Majestic Sound has been doing works from long time. Cutting edge roots mixes being pushed and live sessions going on in Philly and Olympia for years. Come forward and check out Malachi in one of his long awaited Bay Area sessions. Surely gonna catch some of the best in current roots music.

To get a feel for the selections check out these podcasts from Royal Majestic Sound at

[www.royalmajestic.podomatic.com]

and the myspace at

[www.myspace.com]

God willing the brand new Trinidad mix from Royal Majestic "Hotta Fyah Vol. 2" hosted by Daniel Bless will be available on the 24th....

Blessings

July 13, 2009 05:36AM
Give thanks for the giving of thanks...

What a true heart of joy that it brings to see such a unity between a wide variety of undiluted artist all coming together under one banner and cause of His Imperial Majesty!!!

I give thanks for such kind words and blessings Lionheart and for the I's works and energies put into manifesting this vision. Love in Abundance to Ras Terms for allowing for InI to hold this space.

I am greatly humbled by this event... a sincere inner joy. And more so to know that the example that has been shown has been received... Large up the Poor Man's Movement those pics are well powerfull (give thanks for posting). There has been no more of divine example of dignity and grace than that of the Kings of Kings Haile Selassie The First! Such a giving spirit and loving kindness... it is only natural to come together in his name for the good of others!!!

I look forward just as much to the art + music + food as I do to the ones who attend this event and reason and share with one another in one common focus and spirit so please bring your family and loved ones... this event is surely by the people and for the people for the Most High lives in flesh of wombman / man!!!
July 13, 2009 04:22PM
July 15, 2009 04:38PM
It has been a long time coming and it will truly be a joy to hold a dance with so much powerful artwork as the backdrop. Sure to uplift and inspire. Check out the bredren's work online and get a feel for the vibes.

Elijah Tafari - [viewmorepics.myspace.com]

Natty Rebel - [www.nattyrebel.com]

Ras Terms - [viewmorepics.myspace.com]

And remember nuff originals and prints will be available for purchase so come with some funding to support and go home with something special.

Bless

July 16, 2009 06:40PM
Bless Family,

A little bad news.

Unfortunately Doctor's visa did not go through. We put his name on there as a prayer with high hopes but the time for the brother to come forward is not now. Want to give big thanks and recognition to Griz of Pure Anywear for all the bureaucratic efforts to get everything straight. And trust all the paper works was legit and solid. Plain and simple racism and apartheid is alive and well in the American Embassy in South Africa. It is a trip to see the the higher forces fighting against such good and powerful intentions and works and the only conclusion is that it is not meant to happen right now. The effort naw cease and the works live on. One door close and many more open. Reflection and reprioritization.

That being said the benefit will still be upheld and the funds raised will be directly transferred to the Poor Man's Movement bank account in South Africa.

And with space comes more blessings as we add long time bay area roots and culture selector DJ Kobie of Ashanti Hi Fi and Greensphere Records to the line up.

Blessings

Post Edited (07-21-09 11:26)

July 16, 2009 07:19PM
you misspelled ashanti on the poster.

looks like a nice gig and well deserved benefit. i hope i can make it there

one love
jah bill
July 16, 2009 07:29PM
I think "Halie" at the top of the poster begs correction as well.
Give thanks for the works.
July 16, 2009 07:32PM
yep missed that one evan. together we rule.

one love
jah bill
July 16, 2009 07:38PM
Sad to hear that news Lionheart. Racism may well be in play here - this is unfortunately the case many times. i would suspect also, due to experience with such matters, that class may have been a big factor as well. i am making some assumptions here, but a man representing the "Poor Man's Movement" will usually have trouble making it into the u$a.

Should be a good show still. Big up the movement and the efforts of all involved. Special greeting from Oly/Seatown to Malachi of Royal Majestic - don't think we have ever met personally, but i believe you used to work with one of my very close friends in Oly, E-Prhyme of Saints of Everyday Failures (Eden). Glad to see the good works idren - keep the vibes high.
July 16, 2009 07:59PM
Yes, Large RASpect to Grizz and PURE - tireless souljahs. missing seeing him (and the whole crew) this year. Hope tings are irie in Nirvana County.
Guidance, protection and Itinual thanks,
Evan inna Chicago (no Park)
Is it all dub steppers or a showcase of conscious styles, one drop, trini and JA stuff too???
It would be nice not to hear just the same thing.
Any time breakdown for whose playin what and when?
just wonderin
give thanks
July 20, 2009 03:59AM
blessed handle -

i plan to play brand new conscious roots & kulture... ja & trini & vi mostly!!!

respect to the steppers crew... but royal majestic nah touch it really. night is intended to be a showcase of all conscious styles of reggae... andy g and lowtones are the only ones set to play steppers.

lionheart would probably be better at providing more specifics...

hope to see you there king... love & honors.

Post Edited (07-20-09 19:58)
blessed royal majestic idren,

sounds live to me, there must be alot newer trini vibes but y'all handled that Hotta Fyah mix fi real.

If you bring it like that its gonna be HIGHA POWER VIBES!!!

Alotta sounds on the bill, sure to be lively, spontaneous, diverse and fresh.

We see you there king. respect

July 21, 2009 08:47PM
Yes Respect to all family,

Give thanks for catching those mistakes. They are now corrected on the lower poster..

JB and all family we would love to have you in the place. It will be worth the drive for sure. Really a different kind of event. Community focus. Just good music art and people.

Handle and all interested folks - this will surely be a showcase of all styles. We will try to post a specific schedule before the event but for now... we will be beginning at 8 with Classic JA Roots and original 80's Shaka Killers vibes, then we will get into the modern roots (JA, Trini, VI), try get into the singers and chanters around 11, and be ready for the UK steppers and dub showcase around 12:30 or 1. Naturally it will be an organic flow as the night unfolds, and there are sure to be some surprise guests, but it will definitely be conscious roots and culture from start to finish with a nice flow of diversity within the spectrum...

For folks who don't know about the UK Steppers genre or about Andy G and Low Tones in particular come forward and prepare for a real lesson in the music. Of all the selectors and sound men in the area I don't know of any who have been and are more livicated to collecting the best in cutting edge roots and culture music especially of the UK variety. Prepare for really special tunes, cutting edge exclusives and dubplates, and of course serious sound effects.

checkout out Andy G's productions at [www.myspace.com] (defintitely a bit more experimental and electronic than his selections)

and Low Tones ebay shop at [stores.shop.ebay.com]

So folks rally your crew and family and come forward to celebrate the life of His Majesty. Regardless of whether you consider your self Rasta, ones and ones must know that it is through the inspiration of Haile Selassie and His spiritual inertia that this entire movement for awareness, upliftment, and balance has been spawned and maintained throughout all the years up to all these artists today. Everyone should give thanks for that for real!!!

Blessings

July 22, 2009 03:56PM
Yes Family,

Just picked up all the original art pieces from the all the covers to the Lionheart Sounds mix CD collection recently matted. Same way got a couple that no one has seen yet that will be used for future releases. They are looking lovely and will be on display at the studio alongside the art from Terms, Elijah, and Natty. It has been a joy to add the original art pieces to the presentation of the music and it will be a pleasure to see them all together as a collection for the first time...

Bless

CULTURE RALLY.............slackness nah run tings.

Rasta inna Babylon fi real.....

what was once the 'murder dubs' (east oakland in the 20's) should instead be the 'meddi dubs'......

whole lotta poverty, drugs, malnourishment, unemployment, prostitution, destitution inna di shitty Oakland..........seems about time for di Rasta Revolution.....

Whats the social works and outreach a gwaan inna di area???

I for one would be interested in forwarding some social works in East Oakland under the banner of Haile Selassie with the cooperation of the extended and diverse musical bredren.........even as much as feeding some destitute people.........JAH will bless the whole endeavour.....

It is truly a joy to see ones and ones put the knowledge to the music so this musical thing can in some time and some place transcend the petty partying, individualism and consumerism that rules Babylon.

It will truly be a joy that day to see ones and ones put the deeds to the knowledge and spread the joy and love inna dis time and place.

Big up and increase to all righteous works!!!!!!!!!!!BLESS!!!!!!!

July 23, 2009 11:23AM
Yes Massive,

Musical schedule for the night now ready...

8:00 - Lionheart Sounds - Nyabinghi - Classic Roots
8:30 - Low Tones - Roots
9:00 - Andy G - Roots - Shaka KIllers
9:30 - Malachi - Modern Roots - JA VI Trinidad
10:20 - DJ Kobie - Modern Roots - JA VI Trinidad
11:00 - Ras Terms - Livication to His Majesty
11:10 - Artist Showcase feat. Arkaingelle, Ras Popo Ites, Nature Makonnen, Sista Kat, Biblical, Ras Ceylon, Sista Molly Rose, Luv Fyah & special guests...
12:30 -2:00/vibes done- UK Steppers and Dub Showcase w/ Andy G, Low Tones, & Lionheart Sounds

We would love to hear from the folks who are planning on being in the place for sure. Leave a comment on this blog or for facebookers check in at

[www.facebook.com]

Looking forward to the vibes Friday and making the links with everyone...

Bless

July 23, 2009 05:22PM

HOTTA FIYAH VOL 2 WILL BE AVAILABLE @ THE SHOW...

FRESH OFF THE PRESS - PICKING THEM UP FRIDAY AFTERNOON JUST IN TIME FOR THE EVENT!!!

WHOLE HEAP AH DUBPLATES / REMIXES / EXCLUSIVES... HOTTA FIYAH FOR TRUE!!!

July 23, 2009 06:10PM
yes man give thanks for the invite cause this show looks toppa top and the area there especially needs the vibes to overcome the living style forced on so many there. unfortunately i will forward to prez brown in bolinas instead due to prior commitment but i am very sorry to miss the opportunity to dwell in inity pon inity blvd and check the sounds of enlightenment and overpowerment sure to be coming forth. bless you and your show there and hopefully will be there in the future. the world needs more culture events of this sort and i love to support them when i can.

one love
jah bill

livication strong....

well, if even just in the music

and just in the gathering

the message is taken seriously

and due attention is given

not like a thousand heedless partying ones waisted away singing 'do you remember the days of slavery?'

No No No

Respect AND attention is given

and the moral voice is risen

outside of the guise of religion

and we proclaim

this year culture have to be winnin'!!!!!

July 24, 2009 08:36PM
Yes Family,

Tonight is the night. So much work and effort on the part of so many and we truly give thanks. Come forward and be a part of this energy that will truly continue to live in the communities network for years to come.

One last detail not previously mentioned is that there will be a wide selection of cultural crafts and goods for sale. Come forward for all your cultural reading materials, DVD's, clothing, pins and badges, herbal products, music from all artists and more. And of course don't forget there will be nough original and printed artwork available as well.

There is a nice open air patio at the studio where the food, vendors, and smoke will be. Fortunately we will have an extra set of speakers for the outside area so ones won't miss anything on that side.

COME FORWARD>>>>

Blessings

words of H.I.M.

"We are gratified in particular, to note that the work of this conference has been concerned purely with religious, spiritual matters free from extraneous political considerations.

This is only fitting and proper, for the church, as a symbol of peace, must follow the path of peace in all parts of the world. For world peace can only be made abiding by the grace of God, through the prayers of the Holy Fathers. The truth of this cardinal fact is evident to all mankind.

Therefore, it has become the noble responsibility of Christians, and peoples of other faiths and their leaders throughout the world, to pray and to work hard for the preservation of world peace.

We have always been religious, ever since childhood, ever since the day our father, Ras Makonnen, taught us the commandment of Our Lord the Creator.

But we don't consider our religion alone valid and have granted the people the freedom to observe any religion they please.

We believe in the reunification of the churches, which is why we were so happy to meet Pope Paul VI during our voyage to Italy. We were greatly taken with him, we judged him a man of superior capacity, especially as regards his intention to work towards church unity. He received us with great friendliness."
July 27, 2009 09:54AM
Yes People,

Give thanks for all those that contributed to the vibes and all those that made it out to support. It was truly a joyous occasion and beautiful gathering. Look out for the photos and videos coming soon...

Same way look out for the next events at Triple 2 Seven Gallery cause this space is very serious and surely an epicenter of uplifting energy. Give thanks to Carpenter and Ras Terms for holding it down and manifesting a place to gather and create...

Check out this video of the Poor Man's Movement dance that went down yesterday...

Blessed

July 27, 2009 03:08PM
A big big respects goes out to the man Lionheart for putting forward this event. Many thanks for all the work. From helping to string up the sound, dropping roots music for the people, and being a witness to some of the sweetest vocalists in the Bay Area it truly was a joy and a pleasure to be a part of this.

Triple 2 Seven Gallery..."an epicenter of uplifting energy"...no doubt...

peace until the next gathering.
July 29, 2009 06:04AM
Big big event, one to remember and hope to see more like it
Thanks to Lionheart and all those who contributed so mightily to this event
Andy G - that Shaka Killer set was da bomb, I wanted to bottle it and play it at home, please post to this forum your gigs
The art in the gallery was overwhelming in beauty and movin' our hearts to a higher plane. Ras Elijah Tafari did a great wall painting of HIM Selassie I and brought many beautiful works. His long trek from New Mexico was much appreciated.
Thanks to all the singers on the mic and the selectas for bringing the sounds
All the hard work was very evident

Handle wrote the following:
I for one would be interested in forwarding some social works in East Oakland under the banner of Haile Selassie with the cooperation of the extended and diverse musical bredren.........even as much as feeding some destitute people.........JAH will bless the whole endeavour.....

It is truly a joy to see ones and ones put the knowledge to the music so this musical thing can in some time and some place transcend the petty partying, individualism and consumerism that rules Babylon.

It will truly be a joy that day to see ones and ones put the deeds to the knowledge and spread the joy and love inna dis time and place.

Big up and increase to all righteous works!!!!!!!!!!!BLESS!!!!!!!

This event lived up to this sentiment and was truly blessed

July 29, 2009 06:15PM
Malcolm,

Many thanks for the positive support. Credit also due to Chris Lowtones for his contribution to the vibe as well...

Not playing too many gigs these days, but always open to session anytime opportunity presents. So anybody interested link me and we can organize!

Which only points us to what has already been said, but can't be said enough...Major respects to Lionheart for putting the energy into organizing this, Rummy for working the sound, and for all others involved.

peace.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login