bun n cheese
memories
March 19, 2004 06:45PM
i'd like to see the Melodians again!!!
jb welda
Re: memories
March 19, 2004 06:55PM
tell dem xacto.

hey what do you think about the maytones and stranger cole (he said, knowingly)?

one love
jah bill
bun n cheese
March 19, 2004 07:22PM
shoot JB, i'd loose a toe to see the Maytones! their greatest hits release on heartbeat that came out a year or two ago is STILL in heavy rotation. such a heavy heavy set.

Stranger Cole I know the least about. I did pick up the Trojan comp recently and am finding time to let is sink in. It is good, really good (esp the Ken Booth material). It would be fantastic to check Mr Cole in action, esp since I have been checking hsi work lately.

i just hope he doesnt follow in the footsteps of others that i get in to. D Brown passed on some 6 months after I really started collecting his stuff. and I-Roy passed 2 weeks after I picked up his Dont Check Me With No Lightweight Stuff album on heartbeat. Never got to check them live sad smiley
bun n cheese
March 19, 2004 07:26PM
but the Melodian, WOAH what a set they played. i think they were backed by the Fab5? that ranks in the top 10 performances i have seen. swing and dine indeed! harmony groups hold a dear place in my heart. i can just sit with my shades on and left the love flow through my eye water.
bun n cheese
March 19, 2004 07:27PM
damn i cant type today...
flip
March 19, 2004 11:58PM
melodians were excellent.

check Melodian Brent Drowe on " Down Here in Babylon" wicked tune.
March 20, 2004 12:37AM
Stranger Cole would be amazing! I love the 12" put out by the wackies label, on the take time riddim. "The Time is Now" it is a cruical tune.
Jah Bill, do you know something we don't know? winking smiley
March 21, 2004 07:30AM
They still say more acts TBA,
Blessed
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login