Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dance / Concert Flyers or Posters?

Posted by eric v 
Dance / Concert Flyers or Posters?
November 29, 2004 08:28PM
Hello massive,

I have a favor to ask. I have just bought a new home and put a nice stereo and pool table, ping pong table in the garage.

I want to decorate every inch of wall space with something interesting as to when we have parties, people can ponder over all the odd posters and such on the walls.

Anyhow, I started this weekend and put my collection of sports foam hands, odd posters and the dance/concert flyers posters I have collected.

Only problem is, I was only able to cover one wall so far.

Does anyone have flyers or posters that they are wanting to get rid of or are collecting dust? I am willing to pay for shipping costs, but would love to have some reggae related media.

Can anyone help? Thanks much

One love
eric v
solid rock
Re: Dance / Concert Flyers or Posters?
November 29, 2004 08:35PM

i have some spares but most of those are not in the greatest shape. how particular are you about condition?
jbwelda
November 29, 2004 08:54PM
i know where you could probably get some snwmf posters from fairly recent years.

one love
jah bill
November 29, 2004 09:28PM
Solid,

Not particular at all, that would add the "flavor" to the whole thing.

So I assume you're sending original 70s Downbeat posters then? smiling smiley

Ha ha

One love
eric v
November 29, 2004 09:58PM
Eriv,
Check out www.jahtubbys.co.uk, and click on the link for FLyers/Posters. There are about six pages with lots of classic clash posters you can print out. Probably cheaper than postage. -MK
November 29, 2004 09:59PM
lets have your address - and tell us what you get.
November 29, 2004 11:07PM
My address is:

Eric Vasconcellos
518 Morning Rise Ln.
Arroyo Grande, CA 93420
USA

Don't know if I should be giving it out, but if you have the means please let me know. Once again, I'll cover postage if needed.

Thanks again,
One love
eric v
reggaefan
November 29, 2004 11:39PM
Ok, it wont be my first or last sophmoric post/comment ---- but Eric,,,, the name of your street.......are you sure that's not the street Zoki's lives on??

But seriously, if I run across any reggae posters of the sort, I'll send 'em out to ya.

One tip that you might already know of,,,but just in case ---- I take stuff that I want to blow-up (not dolls Zoki) to Staples/Office Depot/etc etc --- and for less than $2 you can get a postcard sized image blown-up to near 11X16 --- and they look great!!!

When's the pre-snwmf 2005 ping-pong, billards tournament....I wave a pretty mean ping pong paddle ---.
November 30, 2004 01:02AM
Reggaefan,

I tried the Kinkos / Office Depot thing last year for posters to take to SNWMF for autographs and they wouldn't do it due to some copywrite issues.

As for the Pre-SNWMF thing. Bring it on. I got the crazy spin on them pongs, and we can use the selector mike to let everyone in the house know whos whooping who.

Where are you from Reggaefan?

One love
eric v
November 30, 2004 06:02AM
Sorry man, I've moved one too many times.
rez
November 30, 2004 04:25PM

I've got a load in my house of the ones from our club in dublin I could send you. Mostly consist of text with some classic reggae photo's. Drop me an email if your interested.
jbwelda
November 30, 2004 04:38PM
eric i think you need to find another kinkos...ive done this sort of thing here before and no one was acting like the copyright police there.

one love
jah bill
November 30, 2004 06:04PM
or go to your local college bookstore to copy.
November 30, 2004 06:08PM
Jah Bill,

I thought it was weird, I even offered to sign something giving the responsibility to me, but nope.

I was thinking this might have been odd, I'll try another store, maybe an independent is the best.

One love
eric v
December 01, 2004 12:00AM
>eric i'll put u on the list for the next mail out promo stuff from [www.jahmeekproductions.com] i'll put some of old flyers i8have around from AZ. showz & include a system CD for ya to listion @ ya party'z! no postage needed. JOY* -RASpects+
TR-808
December 01, 2004 12:02AM

looks like your fears about posting your address were well-founded after all, eric.
December 01, 2004 02:07PM
Jahmeek,

Much love, thanks for putting it together and sending it this way.

One love

Thanks again

eric v
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login