Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

First Year at Angels Camp

Posted by ForwardZion 
First Year at Angels Camp
March 22, 2004 10:20PM
Remember the first year SNWMF was at Angels Camp? Where the Village stage has been for the last two years, the first year there was this giant shade canopy over tons of those large indian carpets, it was so Irie to get out of the sun and just lay out on those carpets. I must have spent all day there Sunday just feelin' Irie chalice in hand. Let move the stage and do the same thing this year, whosever idea that was rocks!!!
Pale Ryder
Re: First Year at Angels Camp
March 22, 2004 10:25PM
Forward that idea! That first year it was blazing in the 100's. The shade was a much needed rest and relazation station ya know!
Zana
March 23, 2004 06:39AM
How many years has the festival been at Angels Camp? Last year was pretty hot but I can't imagine it being tollerable if it got too much hotter.
Has it been hotter than last year, and if so, how bad was it?
Having a large outdoor shade area seems like a great idea.
regpara
March 23, 2004 09:11AM
this will be the 4th year at angels camp.

martist
March 23, 2004 03:55PM
the first year, 2001, was very hot. high 90's to 100's. last year, i thought it was very nice. around 80 or so. rotr was also temperature comfortable last year.
sisterlil
March 23, 2004 04:16PM
That year is was so hot. We got there around 1200 or 1:00pm. Right in the middle of the heat. and we had to set up camp. I will never forget that, trying to set up a canopy in 100 plus heat... It was so hot!!!. But we had a great time... But the heat was hard to get used to at first. I
March 23, 2004 04:25PM
I thought sierra was a very comfortable tempurature last year. The year before I remember it being out of control hot... but this year there was a nice breeze on Saturday and the sun wasnt so bad.
jb welda
March 23, 2004 05:25PM
you people from the bay area need to acclimate yourself to the heat more. the weekends before the show you should go hiking in the foothills. last year was miraculously cool. im hoping for more of that this year but the reality is that the temperature often is in the 90s and approaching the 100s even in june. to us valley folk it dont get hot till its over 100. its comfortable up to then though even a dog stays in the shade in the midday sun.

one love
jah bill
sisterlil
March 23, 2004 09:33PM
Yeah Kate, It was the first year that was blazing.. but the past couple of years have been wonderful.
March 23, 2004 09:45PM
the big tent thingy was nice though. it was also at marysville. it was a real nice place to go and "get away". you could even take a nap. i always thought it was somehow connected to the teahouse people.
sisterlil
March 24, 2004 12:25AM
I thought the same thing dirtweed.
March 24, 2004 12:30AM
Alright, if it was the Casbah Teahouse people, BIG UP!
If you can do it again this year..............
March 24, 2004 07:25PM
Hi there - the big tent was down by the pond last year - gave people a place to totally chill out. I know I spent time there - just relaxing - enjoying the breeze.
March 25, 2004 05:54PM
Zion- YEA The Teahouse the very first year, at angles camp really was a much needed shade station, Last year My site was 50 feet away from the Casbah Tea house, I Remember watching the sun set on one of the nights- the T-house was up all night with me, i was dancing/ Trancing and loving my night. and it seemed like id just watched the sun set when it came back up agen!
_-Good Times!-_

Happy Trails
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login