Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ernie B Reggae Fantasy Camp

Posted by trinitymlk 
Ernie B Reggae Fantasy Camp
December 03, 2004 12:38AM
I feel strongly that Ernie should start an annual Fantasy Camp, where faithful customers can win a weekend camping out inside the warehouse. Everytime you order, you are automatically entered into a raffle.
For some reason, I always picture Ernie's warehouse with lots of turntables and a 10,000 watt sound strung up to sample 7"s.
I also imagine he has crews of California dready mommas running around packing fresh wax into crisp cardboard boxes, while rolling huge spliffs.
Maybe I have too much time on my hands. -MK
flip
Re: Ernie B Reggae Fantasy Camp
December 03, 2004 12:41AM
that sounds alot like heaven......

please enter me in the drawing.
December 03, 2004 01:33AM
To make it even better perhaps some well known reggae artists could be brought in as guest participants. It could be a big 'ol campout with marshmellow fiya bunning with Capleton, campfire singalongs of Bob Dylan tunes led by Sizzla, fun and games like pin the tail on a battyman led by Elephant Man etc...
mashdown
December 03, 2004 01:01PM
pin the tail in a battyman
December 03, 2004 01:55PM
No, that's the Zoki fantasy camp...
jbwelda
December 03, 2004 05:27PM
if youve ever been over to ernies (few have) then you would know just how much of a fantasy that picture in your mind is.

one love
jah bill
December 03, 2004 05:57PM
I don't think I would want to ruin the dream. -MK
December 03, 2004 08:33PM
t>he bob marley trading cards went over pretty well a sum years back. how about sum studio 1 trading cards. bubblegum pop culture would never be the same again. He hE* -RASpects+
December 03, 2004 08:49PM

I'll trade you my Lone Ranger rookie card, for your Count Machuki. -MK
December 03, 2004 09:02PM
>funny u said lone ranger cause i*had dat studio one spinning last nite. 'on the other side of dub' SOL 5454 so mayB i* could trade for your count but would rather dish more revolutionaries stylEe if i* pleaze. ha ha -RASpects+
Fish
December 03, 2004 10:47PM
My mental picture is of a nondescript middle-aged white guy (I have no clue what his actual ethnicity is, the name "Ernie" just makes me think that somehow) working constantly to line up new shipments from record labels, pack and send out huge numbers of wholesale and small shipments to customers, and keep the website updated all the while (scanning covers, entering tracklists and record information, etc.). Don't know what the warehouse itself would look like, but I imagine piles of records that he personally listens to scattered all about the premises in the famous "it's where I put it down last" organizational system, and some tunes always playing in the background. A very busy one-man show, in other words . . . don't know how correct this actually is.

It must be an interesting experience from the point of view of a music fan and/or record collector to do what Ernie is doing. It seems like he must have the opportunity to listen to pretty much everything (released through "normal" distribution channels) under the sun without worrying about paying for it, and the fact that so much is out there means he can constantly listen to music he's never heard before (and we all know how good the feeling of hearing a killer tune for the first time is) . . . at the same time, it seems like it would encourage less of a sense of possessiveness or of "my collection" (except for some special items), rather, most things would just pass through without being "his" in the same possessive way that many collectors think of their tunes.
Kind of like downloading in some ways, now that I think of it . . .

Big up Ernie B in any case.
December 03, 2004 11:06PM
I still hope he has at least a few dreaddy mommas rolling spliffs for him. -MK
December 04, 2004 12:10AM
He does!

winking smiley

Awakening
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login