Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Think before you post

Posted by Daniel 
Think before you post
March 23, 2004 11:13PM
This forum is open to the general public. As such, it is read by many lovers of roots reggae music far and wide. Many of the people who read this forum also post to it.

But people should also realize that, as a forum that is open to the general public, it is also read by other people. I know that our current drug czar (John Walters) has better things to do than to hang out in this forum looking for posts, but I can't same the same for the local authorities in the area.

There is something to be said about self-fulfilling prophesies. If enough people post about the "home brew" they will be bringing to sell at the festival, I can guarantee you that someone from ABC (the Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control) will come to the festival.

So, for the last time, PLEASE:
"This message board is a place for people to reason about reggae music and the SNWMF. Please be respectful of others and REFRAIN FROM OFFENSIVE POSTS, FLAMING OR DISCUSSIONS OF ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES. Any such posts will be removed, and repeat offenders will be prohibited from posting to this message board."
Re: Think before you post
March 24, 2004 12:57AM
the first year at angels camp there actually were posts from (i think) city councilmembers or some kind of city officials. it appears they are no longer posting (thank goodness) but they surely are reading this board and discussing it amongst themselves. as i painfully learned last year (link to picture of dirtweed) even oblique references should not be posted, even though there is nothing going on at festival that could be construed by any of you city folk reading this as illegal. we just drink our beer and listen to reggae. yahoooo.
bun n cheese
March 24, 2004 01:03AM
yes, i am thirsty for some icy cold festival sponcered tap beer.
March 24, 2004 05:40PM
Indeed, We Really should think-
I Remember last year I SAW 3 Undercover agents Pounce on this dude out of no where, they were dressed like white surfer dudes.
I remember thinking- Damn thats messed up
And the year befor that, 3 Blue suits on bikes speeded up to a campsite next to mine asking about the usage of MJ and it seems to me that 5-0 be looking on us from a far, - Keepin it real. Ha

Happy Trails
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login