Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Let's get together?

Posted by fourtwentyplenty 
Let's get together?
March 23, 2004 03:18PM
I noticed this topic in some other topics so I figured it should have it's own. It's funny that it came up. Sis Adaria and I were just talking recently about how it would be cool if everybody on the board had a way of meeting each other at the festival if they wanted too. I'd like to get to know some of you and extend my reggae circle. Someone suggested communicating through walkie talkies at least initially so that we can find a place to meet. I'm down with that. I have 4 of my own. It works for those that have access to them, but there should probably be another method of contact for others. Let's discuss it and figure something out. Prince, forwardzion, pale ryder, napabink you guys already have this thing going so chime in when you want to. There should be a place where we can come together and reason about reggae and tings or blaze the chalewa.

fourtwentyplenty
Re: Let's get together?
March 23, 2004 03:21PM
Oops sorry about the chalewa comment Daniel.
March 23, 2004 04:37PM
I here ya, well we need to come up with a channel and sub-channel that we agree on, that will be our contact basis. Like channel 9 sub channel 13. What do you think?
March 23, 2004 04:47PM
walkie talkies??? how about a certain time (for instance 4:20) at a certain place (the big open area stage left)??
jb welda
March 23, 2004 05:04PM
that makes more sense dirtweed. not too many people going to go for this walkie talkie business i think.

one love
jah bill
bun n cheese
March 23, 2004 05:08PM
JB, you were at ROTR, everyone had one there. i think it will be the trend.

over
March 23, 2004 05:14PM
Let's meet on Friday @ 4:20 stage left, if you can't make it then, we can keep in contact all weekend with the walkie talkies. Channel 9 sub, channel 13. This seems like a good plan. Walkie talkies are a good way to get together at our campsites as well. You light the fire I'll cook the breakfast. Sight?
March 23, 2004 06:25PM
thqts a big 10-4 good buddy
March 23, 2004 09:15PM
I'm not sure, but I think the gates open at 5.
March 24, 2004 08:34AM
Last year when we all get up it was on Saturday at the Earth Flag. I think it worked out pretty well because it was easy to find. We should do something like that again! I think walkie talkies would be harder (at least for me becuase I dont own one).
March 24, 2004 09:07AM
YES!!!! I Can not wait to meet all of you, and the funny thing is- ive probibly of walked right by most of you befor and never new it.

We should definitly make a spot, Walkie talkie station and I Will be wearing a white T-shirt with my name across it in big letter's, Imthinkin Front side ill say KEVIN and back will say Prince - or PKW. We should make a spot outside of the gates!
Does everyone know where the front gates are? We should meat at a time by the gates or next to one of those wooden post that have the big rope going from post to post.
I Told KingCaliWolf about meating all of you, He shouted with joy- and he really would like to meat all of you too.
Im looking forword to this more than ever!!!!!!!!!!

Post Edited (03-24-04 12:30)

Happy Trails
bun n cheese
March 24, 2004 09:22AM
i dont want meat from anyone, thank you.
March 24, 2004 09:30AM
Always =)
March 24, 2004 09:35AM
saturday and sunday the gates are open about noon.
March 24, 2004 11:22AM
The website says the gates open at 10am on Saturday and Sunday.
Pale Ryder
March 24, 2004 03:58PM
Prince, since Stevo is in Mexico, I will take the opportunity to correct your spelling. Meat= The flesh of living organisms, or what we call rookie pitchers in baseball, and Meet= To arrange a kind of gathering between two or more people.........
March 24, 2004 06:59PM
We all know that spelling isn't one of Princes strong points, but let's lay off of him a little, and enjoy meaning of his posts. For a terrible speller he sure has some intelligent things to say. He could just copy and paste from Word after spellchecking but he doesn't. So if it doesn't bother him don't let it bother you. I guess you could say he's keeping it real.
Re: Let's-get-together-and-feel-all-write!
March 25, 2004 09:47AM
Yes my spelling is crap but my mind is not- If you chose to dwell on the "Spell"
Than go for it, auh... You guys don't always have to correct me if you dont want to. Just a suggestion

Hell im just keeping it real, as real as I am

Happy Trails
Re: Let's-get-together-and-feel-all-write!
March 25, 2004 10:13AM
pkw - i am one who (playfully) corrected spelling. i no longer do that since i can tell you are very sincere and you are right "don't dwell on the spell". i think the others who are still correcting are old retired school teachers who just can't help themselves lol. =8 {o
Pale Ryder
March 25, 2004 11:39AM
Forward, get off my back will you?
Pale Ryder
March 29, 2004 09:35AM
You know I am kidding right?
March 29, 2004 10:35AM
Hey Folks!
I'll still be checking in the vendors at 4:20 on fri, may we make it a tiny bit later? say....5:20? And if any of you nice folks wanna come and meet me, I'll be under the magnificently large Live Oak by the vending gate all day thurs and fri! Come on over and bonding or not will ensue. I accept cash and/or Ikea gift certificates.
over
I have a request, let's all wear nametags with our message board names on it all weekend...NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hardy har har
Hello my name is.....
Over
Bun you had me laughing with that one I'm telling you!
Over
Peace, Adaria
over........I'm so overy it
Stevo
March 29, 2004 06:47PM
Hello my name is.........
What's everybody laughing at?
Ian
March 29, 2004 06:55PM
I know on the reggae on the river message board we talked with eachother and decided to get t-shirts together that we could sport to find eachother in + blaze the chalwa - oops did I say that? didn't mean to. Anyways, we could have some unique design on it of somesort with SNWMF on the back, + your name and what not. Just a suggestion winking smiley
March 30, 2004 09:18AM
Im Glad, everytime I come onto this page it seems we've progressed further on the topic of meeting up and seeing all of the smiling faces ive not seen B4.
Im Enjoying the moment and the pleassure of this chat room alone, I Can't stop saying how much I Can't wait to meet all of you- even thought I might not have Enof time to really chill with all of you,- Ill be showing my friends around most of the time. and trying to get to the incredible acts we got going this year!!!!
THE BEST YEAR YET I SAY!!!!

:Kev

Happy Trails
Stevo
March 30, 2004 08:33PM
I'm listening. The suggestions so far have been good. But instead of adding another, I will avoid confusion, and continue to watch. And I will do my best to link with all who wish to link.

PKdub-It's always a blast being able to usher in some new comers. Your freinds will never forget it. I can remember going to the first couple of the Sierra festivals and just being totally sold. Anticipating the following year before the present one was even over. Much love.

Irie Ites-
Stevo
March 31, 2004 09:23AM
That sounds good because I and I will most likely be settin up camp and chillin with my friends at the start of this fest...
9-13 sounds good to me.
Ill pop in the channle some time and let you know if Im there!
DAMN IT FEELS GOOD TO EMAGINE JUST BEING THERE, HEARING DRUMMING IN THE DISTANCE!
June 08, 2004 01:11PM
Bringing this thread to the top to join with the other hookup thread.
June 08, 2004 01:24PM
Bredren, bredren, bredren, tisk, tisk, tisk. 4get about all of this walkie talkie madness. We are in the 21st century (I think). Anyway, if we are serious about meeting/greeting and vibing...spit out the cell #s
DJ
DEE JAY Rasta-i
760 559-7621
Just call my name(cell) and i'll be there...
June 08, 2004 01:34PM
My man the last thing I want to hear at this festival is my cell phone or anyone elses ringing. Leave them at home. I know walkie-talkies are no better, but they seem to have a use at festivals and don't cost anything to use. Just my two cents.

fourtwentyplenty
June 08, 2004 02:30PM
That is why you have VIBE-ration...
June 08, 2004 03:31PM
The only ViBE-ration I want to feel is coming from the wall of bass speakers, not the pocket stimulator.......
J
June 08, 2004 09:36PM
Well, I would like to know what we are doing for sure... I guess i must buy a walkie talkie... channel 9 sub 13 eh? Will and walkie talkie do, or is there a certain type i need to get. let me know... i know you dont want to hear cell phones a ringing, but we can call eachother before the music starts or anything... I dont know, I will call you DJ Rasta!! Okay, so i think telling other what we will wear pn that day might be a good idea, but for me i have not thought about my clothes for the trip... maybe the name tag thing would prove itself to be useful... but then again how easy will it be to see a little "hello my name is" amongst the massive crowd.
Jah Bless
-Jacquie
June 08, 2004 10:28PM
Don't waste too much energy on trying to figure out how we'll get together. If it's meant to happen it will. Don't go out and buy a walkie-talkie just for the fest. Use whatever means you have, cell phone, walkie-talkie, nametag, at a booth, down to the left of the stage, stumbling onto my tent at 4AM ala ROTR, choice of clothes, tattoos on backs, hats or other identifying features. I'll have my walkie-talkie and if I happen to get hit up then right on. I'll probably go out looking for some of you at some point, but I'm focused on the music. If you see a big white guy standing 6 feet tall and about 280 lbs. with a goatee and a shaved head or a straw hat on with some brown beads around it and some really red eyes, that's me. I don't know what I'll be wearing, except for the hat, until I know how hot it will be. You may be lucky and get a free special edible from me and you'll know that's me too.

One question - where did Jahmeek go? I'm starting to miss him.

fourtwentyplenty
sisterlil
June 09, 2004 05:14AM
I know where is Jahmeek???.
June 09, 2004 07:48AM
I too miss the meekster - hopefully he is blazing a trail up from AZ!

Ok - I'm not the shy one - my cell is 530-521-3962 - I'll have it on after camp setup, and much of the day Sat. If I see guys walking around with walkie talkies - I'll yell a likkle bit louder...

Beta-Idren-Gamma Upmost-Peter
(My rather lame attempt at radio tower type jargon - couldn't get the niner in there anywhere!)
June 09, 2004 07:53AM
Hey DJ rasta-i - got your # from the other thread...I'll have my people call your people... ;-)
June 09, 2004 11:56AM
Cell phone is my experience don't work well at the camps, no reliable signals strength.
June 09, 2004 12:01PM
My cellie is 760-695-7449. Should have it on if I get signal. I wonder if text message will work? Tings that make u go hmmm.....
June 09, 2004 12:07PM
Okay, all you cell phoners and walkie-talkie folks can meet up where and when you want to, but for all the others, here are 3 times and places where you can find me:

MEET-UP #1:
When: Friday night 6:45-The start of Ikahba's set
Where: Village stage - just to the left of the stage (when looking forward)

MEET-UP#2:
When: Saturday afternoon 3:30-The start of Midnite's set
Where: Valley stage - just to the right of the stage (when looking forward)

MEET-UP#3:
When: Sunday afternoon 2:45-The start of Winston Jarrett's set

From this, you should be able to figure out the Stage and starting time for at least 3 of the artists.......
Zana
June 09, 2004 12:13PM
Hey everyone,
If we do meet up, will we be going by our board names. "Hello FowardZion, it's Zana from the board". "Hi Dubguy!"
Just a thought. Zana is almost my real name. Take the Z off and voila!
June 09, 2004 12:17PM
It seems to be board name hook ups, Ie) Yes Probibly

Happy Trails
June 09, 2004 12:33PM
Winston Jarrett puts on a great performance. Can't wait to check him again. Last time was here with Jah Mike, this time will also be with Jah Mike.
J
June 09, 2004 01:57PM
Wow, so excited... 9 Days to go!!! Yeah... my name is not "J" it is "Jacquie" but then again, "Jacquie" is a short version of my middle name. Hmmm, I am not trying to hide form all of you or anything, it is just that my first name is weird looking, and everyone garunteed would mis-pronounce it, but many people call me Jacquie, so when I hear that name, I turn around... so no worries. I just might not look over if I hear "Hey J," I probably wont notice it... but I will notice "Hey Jacquie." Thanks all
-Jacquie
June 09, 2004 02:00PM
Anyone interested in seeing a picture of me can e-mail me. I've sent it to a couple of you already. Maybe they can modify the board to allow avatars.
June 09, 2004 02:09PM
Sista Sanae, just to let you know your text messages will work as long as you have a signal. If you cant call out you cany text either. just a little help from your local wirelss carrier. you all seem real chill, and although i have never been to any of these events i sure am looking forward to this one, and i hope to meet many memorable people over the weekend. do you all usually try to hook up at shows?
June 09, 2004 02:20PM
Thanks Rachelle. U r in for a treat. Can't even explain the vibes and people. Every sort of person imaginable is there. This is the first time I have ever been on a message board. U will meet people that u will hook up with time and again just by being there. Have a blessed journey.
June 09, 2004 02:36PM

I got a great idea for meeting up easy, we will meet up at

the start of the band Midnite, Saturday, 3:30 pm at the front of the

VALLEY Stage on the left side when looking forward. I will be wearing

a security shirt from the 2002 show. This will make it real easy to meet

up. Looking forward to meeting eveyone, see you in nine!!

Peace,
Ras Mosis
June 09, 2004 02:43PM
Sounds good
jb welda
June 09, 2004 02:48PM
nice.

what makes you think midnite is playing at 3:30 pm? i would bet it would be more like 7 or 8 pm...

one love
jah bill
flip
June 09, 2004 02:50PM

Okay, all you cell phoners and walkie-talkie folks can meet up where and when you want to, but for all the others, here are 3 times and places where you can find me:

MEET-UP #1:
When: Friday night 6:45-The start of Ikahba's set

MEET-UP#2:
When: Saturday afternoon 3:30-The start of Midnite's set
Where: Valley stage - just to the right of the stage (when looking forward)

MEET-UP#3:
When: Sunday afternoon 2:45-The start of Winston Jarrett's set

From this, you should be able to figure out the Stage and starting time for at least 3 of the artists.......
flip
June 09, 2004 02:51PM
above message was from Daniel...not i
jb welda
June 09, 2004 03:00PM
oh i see where that came from...if daniel says so then its probably true. thinking about it now:

last act: spear
second last: gentleman
third last: i vibes
fourth last: midnite

i guess that would place them around 3:30 or so...just seems kind of early to me.

one love
jah bill
June 09, 2004 03:06PM
My info tells me on Sat.

Fully - 11:50AM
Mighty Diamonds - 12:30
Alton Ellis - 1:40
Don Carlos - 3:00
I-Vibes - 5:00
Midnite - 6:30
Gentlemen - 8:20
Burning Spear - 10:15

All on the valley stage. This was an unofficial schedule and was subject to change and not complete so don't quote me on this. Everything was tentative. I thinnk the order is pretty set, just not the times. Hope it helps to give you an idea of what's up. This lineup is just sick if it sticks. No time for me to meet anyone on Saturday if it's like this.
June 09, 2004 03:38PM

I got a direct source saying 3:30 pm Midnite , someone who works

for the venue. Anythings possible though. Much luv
June 10, 2004 09:30AM
Wait a min now
how many stages r there?
I was under the impression that each stage played a certain style of music.
U all have me NOW thinking that I will be running all over the place.
I only want to experience REGGAE and REGGAE only.
Nothing against world and other styles.
hellllllp...
dirtweed
June 10, 2004 09:46AM
yeah dj rasta i you will be running back and forth since they have reggae on both stages at times. too bad but its the only way to get all the performers on stage. personally - i would prefer to see fewer performers with reggae only on the big stage so i don't miss anyone. with all the names (especially on saturday) there will be someone who i won't get to see so, to me, they might as well not be there.
June 10, 2004 09:57AM
I hear you dirtweed and DJ Rasta, but you are not the only ones coming to this festival.

There are many people who are looking forward to seeing artists like Femi. If you are that concerned about seeing ONLY reggae, i would suggest you put your bodies on the village stage on Friday and on the valley stage on Saturday. There, you will see pure reggae on both days, and you won't miss any of the names on saturday. Sunday, will be a little trickier, what with the "For The Love Of It" artists (Beres, Marcia, Maxi and Iley) in the valley and the other reggae artists on the village stage. There may be some 'conflicts' on Sunday, but they shouldn't be too bad (ie. Maxi or Rocker T).

Hey fourtwenty and Mosis: Since you guys have all this 'direct source' and inside info, why not send it along so that I can post the times already.
June 10, 2004 10:12AM

Unfortunately, I had to call a security buddy on the phone, he also

works for the venue itself. He could only give info about artists who

are scheduled for sat. He told Midnite would be at the valley stage

at 3:30pm sat., Brning spear will be playing last that night, Izzy vibes

right before both at the Valley stage(main stage). I wish I had more

info, but currently that's all I got. Peace and Inity to all

Ras Mosis
jb welda
June 10, 2004 10:30AM
i think daniel is being sarcastic. daniel knows whats up, someone who "works for the venue" almost by definition does not. now maybe if they "work for the festival" (er...like daniel) that would be different. when daniel gets the real word, im sure we will be the first to know.

one love
jah bill
June 10, 2004 11:08AM
D, what you have to understand, is that we are loosing Reggae greats to "THE MOST HIGH" on it seems a regular basis, and at the rate that they are going, who knows when we may get another opportunity to experience them again...if ever. Once they are gone...they are gone!!! Unlike most of you, there are several artists that I have never seen that will be at the fest this year. I understand that I am only one person compared to the thousands that will be attending the fest to see other styles. Remember this, these guys are icons to us reggae lovers and their message has long gone passed. They will NEVER be replaced. I would like to propose a fest of nothing but the legends for next year. Johnny Clarke/Rod Taylor/Bunny Wailer/Alton Ellis/Linval Thompson/Jimmy Cliff/ Culture/Gladiators/Ivibes/Mighty Diamonds/Abyssinnians/Meditations/Sugar Minott/Horace Andy/ I think you get the point...I know that'S EASIER SAID THAN DONE...BUT imagine how many people would show up then? In my humble opinion, the artists mentioned changed the world and should take center stage to everyone else.Rastafari
June 10, 2004 11:36AM
Well DJ, for me Burning Spear/Midnite/Ivibes/Don Carlos/The Mighty Diamonds/Alton Ellis/LInval Thompson/Ras Michael/Winston Jarrett/Clinton Fearon/Dezarie/Ikahba/Beres & Marcia WILL take center stage for the entire weekend. The other artists are there for other atendees whose tastes may be different.

I agree that a lineup of just the artists you mentioned would be totally killer, but suspect that the number of people who would attend such a festival would be substantially LESS than the number that currently attend SNWMF. That's because: 1) 'roots legend lovers' have already been coming to SNWMF for years now; and 2) people like Maxi Priest, Femi and Michael Franti attract lots of people who would not otherwise attend.
June 10, 2004 12:26PM
For those of you who agree
help D to see
that it is we
united in need
of the true rasta breed
June 10, 2004 12:49PM
This Is My LAst seconds on this board so, Ill be on walkie talkie channle 9-13.
Peace and Love all.
C-U-Soon

Happy Trails
J
June 10, 2004 04:45PM
OKay make sure you all check out the thread "MEET HERE IF YOU CAN" i think it might work and i am not just saying that bc i started it. hahah
Jah bless
-Jacquie
sillysquirt
June 11, 2004 04:39PM
sad smiley I don't have walkie talkies or cell phones. But I want to meet all you crazy boys and girls. I wouldn't want to have wasted all this time talking to you weirdos if I wasn't going to meet any of you! winking smiley I'll be the one wearing as little clothing as possible, because I hate tan lines!! (Don't worry, I also wear sunscreen!) If anyone cares I can think of other ways to identify myself if you ask. But I am going to go check out zana's web site for a minute. Buh-bye
June 11, 2004 04:56PM
Sillysquirt do u have email? or a picture so we can pick u out? UR pretty funny.
What is another way to identify u?
sillysquirt
June 11, 2004 05:10PM
The haole (white) wahine with the hottest hawaiian boy you'll ever see smiling smiley I have a couple of pictures I can send if you give me your e-mail. (NOT of the hottie---of me!)
June 12, 2004 12:07AM
I'd like to meet all of you guys too..anyone has Nextel walkie talkies?...
but I am sure if we all mention this thread " meet up," at some point people will catch on. I'll just be the Mexican Rasta...

Guidance...Good Times...Soon Come
Zana
June 12, 2004 08:50AM
Hey,
Not to be a downer but I may not meet up at the designated spots this year because someone on this forum is being a dick to me. I don't feel safe now. It is too bad that someone can take something and twist it so badly out of context and then stay so bitter about it. I feel like this person is not mentaly stable and I would not want to put myself in a situation where they knew where I was going to be. I just don't feel irie about it. I wouldn't want my weekend ruined because of a dick that like. Not to say it would happen, I just want to protect myself. I'll be thinking of everyone and I might peek over during the Midnite show though.
Jah Blessings to all,
Zana
Sis April
June 12, 2004 09:25AM
Zana,
I am so sorry to hear that. WHO????? Just say the name, bring him a little shame. Maybe the boy will shape up in the light of his peers!
I have a little dirty problem sometimes, which I pray is changing.
June 12, 2004 09:43AM
Hey Zana - thats bs! If you should come to meet us, you can look to I to stand between you and this person with the bad vibes. I hope we can meet under the most irie of conditions!!!

Whoevers being a d**k - knock it off! Better yet - stay home...
(Sorry Daniel - got carried away)

Post Edited (06-13-04 01:28)

"I'm gonna put on a iron shirt, and chase the devil out of earth" - Max Romeo
ladynappyfro
June 12, 2004 10:04AM
last year i could not build up enough courage to go and see you guys, it was my first time there and my boyfriend and i kind of got in the mix of the peaceful vibes. wanna meet new people and you guys seem like the ones who would make us feel welcomed. hope i don't come in contact with those bad vibes i read about. ONLY GOOD ONES cause we're all sistas and brothers here.

blessings
lanaf
June 12, 2004 08:17PM
Zana don't let that **** stop you from meeting. You're going to be there anyways and this person may recognize you at some other part of the fest. Tell us who it is or -email us so we might be able to help you. Security in numbers.

fourtwentyplenty
sisterlil
June 12, 2004 08:21PM
True that fourtwentyplenty..
Zana we are all here to support you.. I am so sorry to hear that someone would do that to you.. Just know, we all support you and would to meet you.. I would really like to meet up with some people from this broad this year.. I really never had the courage either.. But this year is a new year and I am looking forward to meeting some new faces and vibes..
Blessed,
sisterlil
June 12, 2004 08:55PM
zana name names. who is the creep? by not saying who it is you, in effect, protect him (i assume its a him) and cast aspersions on everyone else on the board.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login