Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mutabaruka Unleashes "Life And Lessons"

Posted by Daniel 
Mutabaruka Unleashes "Life And Lessons"
January 26, 2010 07:35PM

Released by South Africa's Gallo Record Company last month, Life And Lessons is not your 'typcial' reggae album. With the exception of the track "Watch It" (featuring Sly and Robbie), and some additions by legendary hornz men Dean Fraser and Nambo Robinson, the entire CD was recorded in South Africa with members of The Royal Kushite Philharmonic Orchestra.

On the album, Muta reflects on his perspective of South Africa and Johannesburg especially. And this is perhaps most evident on songs like "Sitting In My Hotel Window", "Body Count" and "A Girl Called Johannesburg". The CD is a mixture of reggae and Zulu music and includes "Lucky", a tribute to his close friend Lucky Dube. Though not yet commercially available state side, the album also contains several dubs.

You can read more about "Life And Lessons" and listen to sound samples at:

[www.mutabaruka.com]

Re: Mutabaruka Unleashes "Life And Lessons"
January 28, 2010 06:39AM
[soundcloud.com]

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
January 29, 2010 04:24AM
I look forward to listening to this album and am intrigued by there being South African musical elements woven into the mix.
November 30, 2012 07:02PM
At long last, you don't have to travel to South Africa in order to obtain a copy of this CD. It is now available on Amazon, Rhapsody and other similar download sites albeit with a different album cover....

December 01, 2012 12:19PM
Thanks for the heads UP, Daniel!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login