Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Emergen C

Posted by La Luna 
Emergen C
March 24, 2004 12:56AM
Is SNWMF going to be doing random car and camp searches this year or not??
It is suspicious that I posted this same question earlier today, and it was banned from the message board.

If it is banned again, I will know the answer is "yes" and I hope that all else who see this will know it too.

Love Right, Live Right
jb welda
Re: Emergen C
March 24, 2004 01:03AM
oh stop being ridiculous. what exactly would "snwmf" be searching for?

one love
jah bill
March 24, 2004 01:51AM
I know last year they wouldn't let us in until they searched my car for smiles winking smiley
March 24, 2004 02:24AM
yo la la luna - what is suspicious is that you would even post such an idiotic post after all the rebuttals to previous idiotic posts.
March 24, 2004 05:17PM
heh Yea if anything they removed it because they thought it was a joke. lol
J/K. No never fear They will look into your car to make sure no dogs and hidding in back but im 99% positive no ones belongings will be raped---- At least by the volentiers,
This year more of our rights have been skinned off- so i dont know about 5-0.
No worries tho =)

Happy Trails
March 24, 2004 08:14PM
The only idiocy is not asking the questions.
I find it interesting how negatively people reacted to this post. But, the computer is anonymous and so you can say whatever you want without taking responsibility.
I read this info on another message board (SPearhead Music Board under "SNWMF SUCKS"winking smiley This person was saying that SN was going to hire added security, NOT volunteers, to search peoples cars and campsites and that they were going to enforce a "NO SMOKING" rule.
Now, wouldn't the smart thing to do be to ask SN if this was in fact true? Why does it have to be a negative thing? Why are people so quick to jump on the negative side of things?
There aren't any revolutionaries here, only sheep.

Good luck with that.

Love Right, Live Right
for the 100th time
please, get this:
March 24, 2004 08:20PM

> There aren't any revolutionaries here, only sheep.

[ I'm crying now ]

ANYWAY:

This message board is a place for people to reason about reggae music and the SNWMF. Please be respectful of others and refrain from offensive posts, flaming or discussions of illegal activities. Any such posts will be removed, and repeat offenders will be prohibited from posting to this message board.
for the 101th time
A LITTLE SLOW ON THE UPTAKE MAYBE
March 24, 2004 08:20PM
jb welda
March 24, 2004 08:27PM
>I read this info on another message board (SPearhead Music Board >under "SNWMF SUCKS"winking smiley

so now that you presumably know the truth, why dont you go over there and correct them?

or are you too busy to baaaaa-ther or maybe youre just baaaaa-ing at la luna?

my guess is because you are what is referred to as a "wind up artist" and it was probably you who posted that there to begin with. just a guess.

one love
jah bill
March 24, 2004 08:43PM
>>SNWMF Sucks Catch Franti Somewhere Else!Save your money for a better Show!

------------------------------------------------------------------------
[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Spearhead Music Board ] [ FAQ ]
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by Yavonne (66.119.33.135) on March 01, 2004 at 10:09:56:

I checked out the line up for Thr Sierra Nevada World Music Festival. Well our man is there to jam. But I was told by an official of the Venue, that there will be no smoking period this year. They said extra officials will be marching around to enforce the rule. Plus I was told there will be random car searches. Whats this world coming to man! I'm saving my cash for another show. Maybe I'll catch the fellow playin w/ Ziggy
------------------------------------------------------------------------<<

Post Edited (03-24-04 15:48)

Love Right, Live Right
March 24, 2004 08:45PM
FYI,
SNWMF is my favorite festival. I have sung nothing but praises about this festival. I hope this is not true, this is why I asked. No more, no less.

Love Right, Live Right
March 24, 2004 08:48PM
>>so now that you presumably know the truth, why dont you go over there and correct them?<<

I don't because the only responses to my question have been negative REACTIONS. There has been no progressive reasoning.

Love Right, Live Right
Acacia
March 24, 2004 09:02PM
"There aren't any revolutionaries here, only sheep."

You wonder why people are reacting negatively to you and then insult the people on this board with your comment. Maybe your answer lies in the abrasive way you're formulating your posts. That aside, you're dwelling on a rumor that came from an anonymous source on another site. It has already been debunked here and the mediators of the board have asked that people stop talking about it. At this point it appears that you are trying to stir up controversy and perpetuate hearsay. If that is not the case, perhaps you should let the issue go. It's not the work of a revolutionary to spread rumors.

bun n cheese
March 24, 2004 09:07PM
Acacia, you are like the sweet dew glistening in the sunshine on a hilltop overlooking the valley of decision.
March 24, 2004 09:09PM
Time to grow up La Luna. The reason you're getting hit so hard is right in front of you. Don't discuss it! How many times does it have to be repeated for you to read it? Even after more posts instructing you not to disucss it, you had to put up the post from Spearhead's site. Time to listen a little. The fact that you raise the question implies you have something that is not legal to hide. That's the point! If you have questions about things that should not be discussed, try e-mailing instead of posting. You might get a more personable answer. Don't take things so personal. Nobody hates you here. Some just seem to be a little more enlightened or conscious of the situation and are trying to aid you in your ignorance of it. Trying to call people out as anonymous is not going to work. I'm sure most people here would be willing to tell you these things to your face if they knew it would help. Don't get caught up in a cycle of hate, just congratulate and move on. Continue the love!

fourtwentyplenty
March 24, 2004 09:19PM
Feel free to e-mail me to discuss it if you want.

fourtwentyplenty@yahoo.com

Out!!!!!!!!
jjlab3
March 24, 2004 09:43PM
Damn!!!!! This ridiculous rumor comes up about once a month before the festival every year. Give me a break. There is little police presence at SNWMF and I have had nothing but good experiences from with them during the years I have volunterred or been on SNWMF staff.

Like I have said before. If you are wise and don't flaunt your extracurricular activities, no one will hassle you.
Pale Ryder
March 25, 2004 12:35AM
I think if we spot any undercover cops, disguised as ruffians or surfer dudes giving anyone a hard time, we should surround them with a mob and not allow them to do anything to the person they are trying to violate. Remember the bum-rush, lets bring it back, to protect out bredren and sisten here at the fest. Wait, that might bring in the national guard.......But we do have the numbers.............
March 25, 2004 06:00AM
Welcome to Northern California, where even a reggae festival has to be bogged down by the self-styled victimized who can't even have three days of fun without finding a way to obsess about imperialist defenders of the law.
Bottom Line , La Luna(tic)..
March 25, 2004 10:42AM
"The only idiocy is not asking the questions."
Since when did a reasonable and polite dismissal of an inquiry become 'negative' ? The only "idiocy" is your lack of awareness of individual rights. Random car and camp searches are illegal. Ever heard of the 4th amendment?

"they were going to enforce a "NO SMOKING" rule."
Who is "they"? the county fairgrounds commission? SN? the police? Seems like an ordinance of this magnitude would have to have been approved long ago.

"I find it interesting how negatively people reacted to this post.But, the computer is anonymous and so you can say whatever you want without taking responsibility."
People calmly disregarding your misguided concern is not really interesting. Your lack of knowledge of the rights protected under the Constitution is pathetic. Spearhead fans who passively listen to mediocre music on purpose, then have the all- of- sudden- urgency to thro' smack at SNWMF, are alarmingly irresponsible.
March 25, 2004 05:19PM
Im Sorry la Luna if "My" Responce seemed to be a nagative one,
I Love you Sista
And i really hope those rumors were just rumors!

Happy Trails
March 25, 2004 08:26PM
I am pretty sure that SNWMF has hired outside security every year. There is some voulunteer security, but I know for a FACT that Rainbow, Boo, Don and the rest of the regular security crew is hired EVERY YEAR and paid by SNWMF. But, I also know that those guys are cool and that they wont mess with anyone without just cause. No, they wont be raping cars... just looking for people hiding and dogs! :-) Relax... its all going to be okay...
sisterlil
March 25, 2004 09:10PM
So true Katers, so true, everything is going to be ok.. Jah bless. positive vibes..
15_Year_ROTR_Vet
March 26, 2004 10:26PM
LaLuna,

Unless your a dog, you wont get "bitten" during the DOG-GONE search

See you there
March 30, 2004 05:50PM
Well I must say- Dont let the Illusion of the real world bring you down!
Remember the love on the inside, Everything ealse is nothing more than a dream reality and a realistic dream =)
We must love eachother - and cometogeather - The ones who can see, Open your eye's -- let the blind ones compromise
Remember peace and love!

-Kev
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login