Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Soul Stereo & Lone Ranger in Tel Aviv yesterday

Posted by skunkride 
Soul Stereo & Lone Ranger in Tel Aviv yesterday
January 01, 2005 08:59PM
Great new years eve yesterday at Barbi Tel Aviv where we had the pleasure to witness the great Lone Ranger live on stage in foundation roots vibe !

Selector for the great DJ was Soul Stereo sound from france which played a solid selection of foundation ska & rocksteady followed by some rockers & steppers selection before Lone Ranger took the stage & gave outstanding DJ performance over classic selection of heavy Studio One riddims. As the case with the few veteran JA artists i had the honour to hear performing live (Prince Alla, Michael prophet, Earl 16) the man sound great as on recordings from 20+ years ago & even better ! From the moment he went on stage the crowd was fascinated & just couldn't stop dancing...Lone Ranger proved to be a real microphone master & took each tune that was played into new heights with amazing style & bonding to the riddims - a real uplifting performance !

I understand that Lone Ranger, Soul Stereo & the other 2 french sounds supporting him just finished an european tour but if you have the chance to catch them live in the future do not miss !

Respect due as always to Guil B, the man who produced this great evening & brought us a bunch of great sound systems & artists over the last year (or 20 years to be more accurate) including Asher Selector & Prince Alla, Disciples & Jonah Dan, Stone Love, Buju Banton, Mad Professor & Earl 16, Saxon Sound, Manasseh & more.

Hope that 2005 would be (at least) as good for reggae in Israel as 2004 !

More peace on the land

Respect

B
Re: Soul Stereo & Lone Ranger in Tel Aviv yesterday
January 01, 2005 11:15PM

Do you have a link for Lone Ranger? I could definitely get him some work right now...

-s
January 02, 2005 01:37AM
wicked stuff !!
i wish i could have been there. I was in Tel Aviv 4 weeks ago, and heard about it, actually I left the day before Chukki Starr was supposed to perform...

Is it true Turbulence will be there in January?? anything announced yet ?

respect to the T.A. massive! kol hazman..
- yonatan
solid rock
January 02, 2005 02:59AM
that is the crew that was rolling europe with carlton livingston.. they had like 20 or 20 dates with him and ranger
solid rock
January 02, 2005 04:42AM

> they had like 20 or 20 dates

oops make that

20 or 30 dates
January 02, 2005 03:03PM
Spleece - i don't have a link for LR...maybe try to contact Soul Stereo ?

Ites Yonatan, the Trevor Sax/Chukki Star performance was excellent (although a bit short), & Turbulence is indeed planned to hit the Barbi on 21/1 with Soulico Crew & Amar Sound supporting. I actually don't know any of Turbolence music so would have to check it soon...

BTW where are you from ?

Cheers

Barak
January 02, 2005 03:05PM
Oh, & here is the Soul Stereo/Lone Ranger flier :

[wmh.walla.co.il]
January 02, 2005 07:38PM
>BIG up ranger for SNWMF 2005* -RASpects+
January 03, 2005 03:14AM

Skunkride: THANKS!

-s
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login