Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

USA DUB EXPO SUMMER/FALL 2010

Posted by Prince Zahir 
USA DUB EXPO SUMMER/FALL 2010
March 10, 2010 11:41PM
Hail

Yes well things are definitely taking shape with the expo here in the states

The expo has an objective which is to "EXPOSE" the states to the world of Roots and Dub music as how it should be played and presented over real customized sound systems.
Not only will the message behind this genre of music will be on display, but the way the musik is meant to be prepared in order for it to be received with the fullest impact.

Unlike the UK soundsystem arena, which is unfortunately slowly crumbling under the rubble of politics, we here in states are all taking a unified front and agreement on how the expo's will be approached. It will not be about who has the heaviest, or biggest system, or who has the tuffest dubs. It will be simply about exposing the runnings of a sound system in rootikal format and its proper livity.

And prior to the actual dance, we will be providing patrons with demo of the sound systems, and give them opportunity to ask questions and talk about all of the customized equipment we are using.

It will be far more then just playing the music.

The intention is to enhance the works of the roots music from all avenues. Cause we know that there is endless talent right here in the USA, which ranges from producing roots music, as far as having people building custom made equipment over this side also.

Thus our hope is to help search out people that will be willing to be an upfull part of this rootikal livity.

It is nothing about competing with other nations that's into the vibe, but rather capitalizing on the talent and expertise we have right here in our own yard.

but feel no way, the rootikal vibe will be quite strong and heart rendering!!!! No weakhearts will definitely be allowed entry by any means necessary..

The expo will be held with 2 events in 2 locations.

One will be on the West Coast (San Diego)

Featuring Blackheart Warriors, Wildfiyah, APS, Jah Arkitekt. All will be running their own rootikal vibes on their own sound system with non-stop dubplate pressure, showcasing muzikal works from USA producers as well as UK producers.

The other will be on the East Coast (Baltimore)

Featuring Jah livity, Fasimbas, Wildfiyah, Kris Napthali, Black Redemption. & Mystic

So thru these works we can reach the new audience, and bring to attention the works of great UK producers, so as to give them the acknowledgment they so rightly deserve.

We all have our part to do for HIM, and this is but a small part of it, yet it shall not go unrecognized.

we are gathering strong sponsors for the event, but will still be looking for any other USA sponsors who want to set up stalls to showcase their rootikal talents also.

There is a Myspace site for the expo which will show all updates of the event.

[www.myspace.com]

Give thanx for idren Ras Mike for pushing forward the works

Hail HIM

Rastafari is HIS name!!!!!

written by Humble TafarI (Wildfiyah Rootikal)
Re: USA DUB EXPO SUMMER/FALL 2010
March 11, 2010 12:12AM
This sounds real nice... I like what you guys are doing... wish I had stacks like that to play on... wouldnt need a venue... just power!

Respect Same Way
March 11, 2010 12:29AM
nice...not a fan of SD-but i'll bite my tounge for this one
March 11, 2010 01:06AM
@ Alisha what do you mean by this

"not a fan of SD"
March 11, 2010 01:53AM
I think it just means that she doesnt like the area very much... to each their own

Respect Same Way
March 11, 2010 02:48PM
I see. its all good. dont come to tour the city, come to catch a vibe. bless.
March 11, 2010 03:00PM
that sounds like a plan... there is some damn good mexican food in them parts-something we lack up here for sure...mexican food and vibes it is!
March 11, 2010 03:21PM
nice one zahir. any idea on dates? might have to make trek and support
March 11, 2010 04:43PM
West coast date is not sealed up yet but i do know it will be august for the east and september in the west. dates should be available in the coming weeks. also black redemption may be involved in the west coast event along with a few vocalist to be announced. also affordable vendor space is available too. bless!
March 11, 2010 05:09PM
[www.myspace.com]

PrinceZahir - put < and > around your link to make them live.

March 11, 2010 05:22PM
please bring the black redemption set... or just Kush and his dubbox!!!

Respect Same Way
March 11, 2010 06:14PM
Tahoe im working on it. if kush did come i dont think he would bring his set but rather play on our warriah set which we are expanding in the coming months. either way it is in the works to get him here eventually.
March 11, 2010 08:18PM
Thanks for advancing this style/sound! Won't be able to make it to SD, but hopin' to establish a "Dub" oriented monthly in San Fran soon come...

Bless Up!
March 11, 2010 08:31PM
yes bredren build it and they will come. blackheart warriors are ready and willing to travel with our soundsystem anywhere we can to spread these vibes. unification of north and south cali roots sounds is vital to building a strong foundation. our aim is to unite like-minded ones in order to forward the works. bless!

Post Edited (03-11-10 12:34)
March 11, 2010 10:36PM
Definitely will be in contact! We're planning on bringing some UK talent for their 1st US gigs starting in Sep.

We're also planning on showcasing some of the Deeper/Dubbier Dubstep artists that have helped advance some of the Steppers style sounds and help push sound system culture (ie Mala, Anti-Social Entertainment, RSD, Jack Sparrow, Exodus, Mungo's, etc.)
March 12, 2010 02:08PM

Fantastic people - good luck with the project!
March 12, 2010 04:33PM
Give thanks everyone for the positive words and support. prayfully this is the first chapter of many to come. bless!
March 12, 2010 06:24PM
Im liking what i see! Lud Dub has got the right idea!! I love dubstep, but some of the events in San Fran get a little to rave-ish for my taste. I like the idea of a showcase that is dub oriented, with artists like Mala, Silkie, RSD,Radikal Guru and those type of DEEP DUB artists..
April 08, 2010 05:59PM
Breaking news!
brizion the dub arkitekt has been added to the west coast line-up.

west coast date has been confirmed as sept 18th @ the mainline bldg.

more info to come.

vendor and sponsors welcome. for inquires and/or info please link:
usarootsdubexpo@aol.com
April 08, 2010 06:01PM
"Kush and his dubbox....."

yummy.
April 08, 2010 06:52PM
Great people!

Good luck with it all!

www.myspace.com/twilightcircus
April 08, 2010 11:19PM
EAST COAST DATE - AUGUST 14TH in BALTIMORE
WEST COAST DATE - SEPTEMBER 18TH in SAN DIEGO

Thanks again everyone for the interest and support.
April 08, 2010 11:32PM
Yes Zahir,

Give thanks for the works. God willing we will be in the place...

Love and Respect Everytime!!!

"It is our conviction that all the activities of the children of men, which are not guided by the Spirit and counsel of God will bear no lasting fruits... "

H.I.M. Emperor Haile Selassie I
April 21, 2010 09:17PM
Hail up good people. just an update. i reasoned with ras kush and hes pretty sure he will be able to be at the west coast session in san diego sept 18th reppin black redemption. also we are still looking for sponsors and vendors. link up for details.
April 21, 2010 10:46PM
Nice... sounds like a good time to get down to SD!
May 31, 2010 03:16AM

for more info on sponsorship/vendor space please contact the website or email me at raszahir@aol.com

JAH GUIDE!

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2010 01:39AM by Prince Zahir.
June 03, 2010 09:44PM
Hail. fyi presale tickets will be available in a few more weeks. also special guests will be announced soon. ises!
July 09, 2010 01:10AM
[www.usarootsreggaedubexpo.com]

TICKETS ON SALE RIGHT NOW......GO TO WEBSITE TO DONATE TO THE CAUSE AND/OR BECOME A SPONSOR/VENDOR.

YOU CAN PAY VIA PAYPAL. More Options to come. SUPPORT ROOTS SOUNDSYSTEMS!
July 09, 2010 06:40PM
Excellent! I have been hoping for something in Baltimore- and this is three doors down from where I work.
August 14, 2010 02:19PM
EAST COAST DANCE IS TONIGHT IN BALTIMORE!!!!!ALL EAST COAST MASSIVE COME CHECK THE VIBES!!!!! DETAILS ON FLYER ABOVE....WEST COAST DANCE IS 5 WEEKS AWAY. PLEASE SUPPORT AUTHENTIC ROOTS SOUNDSYSTEM CULTURE....JAH BLESS!!!
August 14, 2010 02:50PM
article in IRIE UP [irieup.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login