Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

V.I artsit Batch

Posted by seko 
seko
V.I artsit Batch
January 05, 2005 06:51PM
What do you think of his music. Check out a recorded Interview tomorrow(wed , noon) @ virginiareggae.com
Re: V.I artsit Batch
January 05, 2005 07:18PM
Batch is an excellent songwriter, vocalist, musician and producer who founded SoundV.Izion Records in St. Croix in 1999.
His productions are top notch, including the Life EP, Culturellinium 1& 2, Ras Attitude's first two albums, Mada Nile's debut, and his own two albums "Who You Are", and "Keep the Faith."
My favorite Batch tunes are "Green Gold", "Ah Rulah", and "Selassie I Way."
SoundV.I.zion tunes have a distinct sound, and a high production quality.
If you were going to get one SoundV.I.zion release, I would reccommend Culturellinum II, which features a host of different lesser known VI artsists getting over Batch rhythms including Vaughn and Dezarie.

Big Up Ima, Batch, Attitude, Mada Nile and all V.I.zion crew. Respect, MK
January 05, 2005 07:34PM
"Green Gold" from Batch's debut album "Who You Are"

Green Gold for the herb healing seed
The precious meditation of the good kali weed,
indica or the sativa breed.
Her buds and her leaves are for the nations to heal,
Green Gold for the herb healing seed.

Silent Burning Bush, Catalyst having more cosmic powers
through I man blood, vein and lungs, ah
Higher utterance brought to the tongue
Spark up the kali herb, and burn down Roma
All throughout the earth she can be found,
A spliff, A chalice, A cup a tea, or bhanga
Lambsbred, caliber rejuvanation fire.
The good lambsbred,
pure inna substance and character.

The precious meditation through some good kali weed,
Green gold for the herb healing seed

The roots the stem and the flower,
bring down theraputic shower.
Magnificent Medicinal power.
The animals love to devour,
How do they seem to know?
Sweet Smelling kali roots in a wind dem blow
Where the puerst of the river water flow,
On the two sides of the river marijuana grow.

Green gold for the herb healing seed

Attain higher elevation,
spark conciousness, innovation.
Seven forces chakras awaken,
come feel the Rasta vibration.
Herb chase away frustration,
keep up mental concentration
with the power to strengthen the nation
The gift from the garden of creation.

Green gold for the herb healing seed.
January 05, 2005 07:43PM
Is this how you guys lower stress over there Mike?
Transcribing irie lyrics to your favorite Batch tunes?
I must say it is effective... Maybe I should go into the same bizzness

Hail Up Sound V.I.Zion Crew! More Vibes!
Buy All Of It... You Won't Be Sorry!

Heartmath Hold Tight!

Green Up The Phorum!
victor
January 05, 2005 07:54PM
Batch is crucial.. I fisrt heard him on Ras Attitude's cd, and then found out he produced the whole thing.. then I got his album "who you are" I was hooked off the top... very impressed, and he produces all the tracks!!! he has great songwriting skills, and a really good voice... it was a refreshing change as to what I knew of St. Croix reggae (at that time basically just midnite and bambu station)

another artist I definitely reccomend, who I beleive is also from ST.Croix is Army- Check out "Struggler" real nice...

check www.mtneborecords.com for more info on these artists

bigup!
Culturellinium 1 & 2
January 05, 2005 08:05PM
Does anyone know how to get the following two albums?

I have been trying for awhile now with no luck

Culturellinium 1 & 2

Any leads would be much appreciated.

One love
eric v
January 05, 2005 08:19PM
Check out www.igraderecords.com for the most complete selection of titles from the V.I.
They don't have the Culturellinium albums, but they have the rest of the SoundV.I.zion catalogue.
You can e-mial soundvizion@hotmail.com, and ask them where you can purchase a copy.

Victor, Don't even get me started on Army. Look out for a new album this year and for him to be out on the road this spring/summer with a tough backing band. Woy!!! -MK
January 05, 2005 08:24PM
Anyone know what became of the soundvizion web site? It's been down for over a month now.....
January 05, 2005 10:42PM
>runn it! -RASpects+
Seko
January 06, 2005 04:24PM
The interview with Batch is now up.

www.virginiareggae.com
January 06, 2005 06:01PM
Nice interview!

Humble vibes from one of the most talented new V.I. artists...
Sound V.I.Zion has the potential to be one of top recording labels in reggae music, his productions have sincerely influenced how I listen to reggae on whole
His productions are highly inspired with real attention to detail.

Give Thanks for the link... Can't wait till Batch makes his way west...
SisAJoI
January 07, 2005 02:33AM
Batch comin with the serious vibez...
this one not fade so soon
January 10, 2005 11:24AM
Yes the man surely is blessed with the skill to mould the most beautiful vibes in the current reggae scene.

Read something that there were 2 7:inches due to come from Sound VIsion in the near future. Anybody know anything about this ? Since it would be great to spin some heartical Sound VIsion tracks in the dance and then flip to version for locals to show off to.

Blessings!
Seko
January 10, 2005 03:13PM
Don't forget to check out the interview at www.virginiareggae.com

Ras TafarI
January 10, 2005 05:16PM
There have been whispers about a Ras Attitude 7" being released from SoundV.I.zion. I don't know if anyone has one yet. Respect, MK
January 10, 2005 05:58PM
Yeah, i've got a couple of copies of a DubRise 7" that has Overtime on one side and Ghetto Life on the flip....

The question is does anyone know either 1) if Calling Jah Army (his combination with Luciano) was ever released as a 7" and 2) what ever became of DubRise Records? The web site has been down for over 6 months, and all of the contact numbers and emails i have for Adbul Williams have been disconnected.
January 10, 2005 06:05PM
Sorry, i got the discussions about Sound VIZion singles mixed up with DubRise Records. Those 7" records are of Army and not Ras Attitude....
January 10, 2005 06:18PM
I'm not sure what has become of dubrise. I haven't been able to access their site in months. I did have the chance to reason with Army a few months back, and I heard that a new album is in the works with a different production team, and hopefully a tour will manifest as well.
I'm just waiting for Army to step into the I Grade studio, and get over some of Tippy's rhythms.
"Let Live" is sounding crucial on wax. We spun it last week at the album release party and it sounded amazing through the big sound. -MK
January 10, 2005 08:12PM
Daniel,

Please email me if you have a chance

vasceri@yahoo.com

Thanks
Eric
January 11, 2005 06:24AM
Ites trinitymlk! That´s what Im talking about. Cd´s nice, but the bass comes across better on the vinyl and is more suited for dances.

Daniel! Yes, I know that Army release. Been looking for it a long while now, but its no where to find ?

I think, in my own opion, that the S:t Croix massive would come across even harder if they began pressing vinyls, because most reggae selectors dont play cd in a dance.
January 11, 2005 08:15PM
"most reggae selectors dont play cd in a dance."
>hot topic reprise* -RASpects+
January 14, 2005 02:52AM
daniel, spoke to army yesterday, and sure enough dub rise is no more....
You know they flew me to croix couple years ago, and the dealings were rough/ However, army is working with tuff lion who is producing his album which should release feb this year. No calling jah army on 7 inch, just overtime and ghetto life.
But when I saw sistah joyce album on SPM with eddie, Iknew something was up...
With Mike and Trinity Productions grace, we will all see army and abja in action soon!!Bless up Ireggae.com, Trinity Productions, Jah Breeze, EIW reggae and Good Vibez Ent.
January 15, 2005 02:49PM
Is there any posibility the "overime" 7-inch is able for purchase ? Like 10 copies or so ? Please email I if so. Blessings
January 18, 2005 01:15AM
not sure jahkob, I have a few copies of the seven inch for my self. But, dub rise is no longer in business so not sure if getting more pressed is possible. post email adress and will contact I soon...maybe can give you one of my copies
kenyatta@igraderecords.com
February 01, 2006 05:08PM
escribeme yo no puedo
February 01, 2006 07:08PM
>Batch is the 'BEST!' VI artist by far. his songs have original melody's that dont all sound the same & his voice meks Midnite's style sound like 6 feet under*
(BIG up the Zioneers Band w/ Ras Attitude each and everytime*)
-RASpects+
Boiio
February 01, 2006 10:03PM
Jahmeek...Vaughn Benjamin's singing style is totally different than Batch's...SIX FEET UNDER?...come on now...that's a bit strong don't you think...i'm gonna have to disagree with you on Batch being better than Midnite, but then it's just my taste

[www.viroots.com]

February 01, 2006 10:15PM
Well, let's see. Batch has a couple albums with crucial lyrics and top notch production. While Vaughn and Midnite have worked more than 15 albums, well now that Current and Jah Grid have landed, 17 (or so). And to hear it from Vaughn, there's a vault of tings to come, on and on and on....

6 FEET UNDER??...come on now....

bless up ALL artists (singers and player of musical instruments) with the drive and committment to sing the praises to JAH and guide the world. For sure you like Batch, Jahmeek, that's apparent. Same for InI, seen. Can you ever give praises to Vaughn and Ron for their prolific delivery of Jah message? It's good stuff, seen. Slow de pace and drop into the drop. Maybe you nah hit the "green gold" and can't get with the rest a we?? For most, it's as simple as love.

guidance,
ic
February 01, 2006 10:16PM
>alrite boiio sorry thats a bit harsh vaughn still alive n' well to his fan base but ive had to copy batch's first cd over 3 times to keep the wear from effecting the play pon laser. for midnite's disks they mek better frisbee's & dust collectors really...
-RASpects+
February 01, 2006 10:26PM
Charlie, don't let Jahmeek's recent 'conversion' convince you that he can't recognize talent when he hears it.....

Author: Jahmeek (---.nas26.tempe1.az.us.da.qwest.net)
Date: 07-24-04 11:35

i* "really" dont like lists like dis but here one for the boat.
1)midnite
2)dezarie
3)down beat w/guests
4)don carlos
5)burning spear vs. ras micheal

BIG upz: winston jarret
*to many other greats to mention*
February 01, 2006 10:29PM
> that was a differnt vibe back then daniel(even with current management who cant reason straight forward*
(cd copy of this show available for trade,quality is great*)
-RASpects+
February 01, 2006 10:30PM
(make that a double disk,opps*)
-RASpects+
jb welda
February 01, 2006 10:33PM
>(cd copy of this show available for trade,quality is great*)

what show are you referring to here meek?

one love
jah bill
February 01, 2006 10:35PM
So exactly how many shows have you attended since the change in musicians Jahmeek?
February 01, 2006 10:35PM
>snwmf main stage u kno that blazing hot day where don carlos played way to early*
-RASpects+
February 01, 2006 10:37PM
>daniel have not bought a ticket since the juk move to be straight with ya but heard tapes & seen video of a few shows
-RASpects+
February 01, 2006 10:43PM
Well, I've listened to Midnite and Dezarie from the WBC too and they don't 'move me' anywheres near the way a live show does.... And that is true regardless of whose on the stage.

Your pathetic comments regarding Midnite for the past 10 months make much more sense to me now that I know you have not seen them live.....
February 01, 2006 10:46PM
>it's sort of strange here i*ya..
>had really high hopes from messagers about this group but when the going got tuff dem choked-up like alot of dem always do*
-RASpects+
February 01, 2006 10:50PM
Jah Meek,
InI have the irie live reggae list and would always love to trade for more and more of I live VI Brethren in action. I for sure will quickly spread around the earth and it will be absorbed with the best intentions. pm I and I'll send over I list. Nuff stuff you may be into.... BTW, which show were you referring to??

Daniel,
InI have seen a likkle to know that it seems JahMeek was upset about a show dealing in AZ or so. InI don't keep up with these running much, but did see the reasoning why JahMeek had a change of heart and hasn't said much praise of "midnite" sensi. Too Bad.

Jah meek,
this quote is for whose reality. Where's the InI?? I've burned through both Batch and Midnite CDs. You do seem selfish in these ways.

"for midnite's disks they mek better frisbee's & dust collectors really..."

Also if your production of Midnite is tainted, is it fair to your constituents (AZ reggae fans) to take the attitude they all (VI artists) sound the same or so. (Except Batch, of course). There seems to be a lot you are missing. Stop dissing...

ic
February 01, 2006 10:59PM
>a list come on u want i to really make list.
this could take a really hard long time to complete.
>make request or offer trade*
>if u tink im dissing i tink u dun kno who u r dealing with. because the only weak hearts here are managers who cant explain dem self past a dead president's face*
(and outward rude in person*)
>not the best combination in world but if cali says it ok it must be rite*
come'on. . .
>-RASpects+
February 01, 2006 11:15PM
Forget it meek,

InI didn't ask for a list, InI said I'd send over I list.
InI don't know who I dealing with, true.
Managers are the only weak hearts?? Wha bout dem who here all the same??

STX way,
ic
February 01, 2006 11:19PM
>tell primo i* said hello*
-RASpects+
February 01, 2006 11:26PM
Bless
February 01, 2006 11:33PM
Batch is a wicked DJ, my favorite from the small islands...

February 01, 2006 11:36PM
Yes-i Chimino, I hear the same all ovah... everywhere is Batch fan
pale ryder
February 01, 2006 11:42PM
Batch the singer brings the golden age style back to life. Even though he is not that old, he is the elder on stage...
February 02, 2006 12:07AM
Vaughn came to New Mexico
matt
February 02, 2006 12:57AM
jahmeek, aulthough i can't agree with everything you said, i have to put batch way up there as well. certainly an equal to all of my favorties out there.
trinitymlk
February 02, 2006 01:29AM
Check out Batch's website:

[www.soundvizionrecords.com]

Look out for Batch, Ras Attitude and The Zioniers to come forward this spring to spread the SoundV.I.zion vibes.

rootsfan r.j
February 02, 2006 02:34AM
RESPECT to drummer&singer producer Batch and Ras Attitude and the Zioneers
February 02, 2006 07:13AM
Ever Check Out " HE Is JAH" ! (Vaughn & Batch)A very outstanding CD to Date!!!!!
Singers & Players shall be there!
Don't sleep - No matter what!
Everyone has dem views in this Mass Universe-
Everyone it a part of the Oneness!!

Love Vibes written by Kufunya Inspired from JAH
I know a place where the music Flows-
It fills your heart and your soul within-
Sends out Love vibes for you and for me!
With Musical messages that love vibes brings -
No matter the race or creed- It fills our needs-
This Universe is a Big Place for you and for me
No need to fuss nor fight - Cause Love Vibes Fills all the needs

Bless & Guide
Kufunya
Translucent
February 02, 2006 08:13AM
Crucial artist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As much as I wanna see the VIs that haven't bless the stage at SN yet this year, like Sabbatical Addah, Nyorah, Abja, etc..., it would be absolutely crucial if Batch blessed the stage again at SN06!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jah first & foremost
Maconha
February 02, 2006 11:45AM
Thanks for the love Kufunya,

Nice to see the words this am. and yes He Is Jah is an "essential" release! Batch and Vaughn did this one right, in Jah's light.

He is Jah
Leaders Be
Bombs Away
Bone Chillin
No Blanco
Give jah the Glory
Born Rights
Drifters
Skant Some More
Offend You
Can't Chant to dem Youth
Warhorns and Sistrums
Works for a Faith

Now I'm actually looking forward to the drive to work. HE IS JAH!!

Bless,
ic
ae
February 02, 2006 12:25PM
There is so much to say about VI Reggae...Midnite, Army, Bambu Station, Iba, Nyo Rah, Lady Passion, Tuff Lion, Pressure, Dezarie, Ras Attitude, Ikaba, and on and on.... Please book them this year...Bless the VI!!!
February 02, 2006 05:46PM
Been out of touch for a minute without computer access. Iah would aprecialove it if JAH meek would address his title to the imble simplicity and stop making boastful comments. Also ending every rude statement with raspects is very cliche when your tone shows nothing of the sort of raspect. True things to work on with in iah self as well just defending Midnite in the spirit of Rastafari.
Bobo shanti shanti ites
February 02, 2006 11:52PM
another fortunate son.... good tings come to those who.....

This Sunday, Feb 5th @ De Culture Lounge

Fredrisksted "Freedom City", St. Croix, USVI

BATCH w/ZIONERS, GRAVITY BAND and Hilltop Sounds

$10 videotaping for a video project

Bless
ic
Re: Army
March 02, 2006 01:38AM
yes people dubrise may be out of sight right now, but the struggle album is the hottest album from army yet to come out, next to his yesterday news. i rate the third album low and he needs to go back with dubrise records.

March 02, 2006 02:30AM
VI,

I would agree that Struggle is probably Army's best album with Yesterday's news coming in at a close second.

Enough respect goes out to Abdul at Dubrise for his productions efforts and for getting Overtime cut on wax. Tunes like Fire City, Arise, and Overtime are some of the strongest Army tunes to date.

However, I feel that Army's work with I Grade on Rasta Awake showcased his songwriting at a new level. The album was co-produced by Tuff Lion, as part of a trilogy of albums with Ancient King and Niyorah, and the lighter feel of the rhythms on the Army set helped to balance the fire coming from Ancient.

As far as going to back to Dubrise, I haven't heard of any activity coming from that label in a minute, and Army seems to be part of the I Grade Family at this point.

It would be nice to hear some new productions coming from Dubrise, so let us know if you hear anything. Respect, MK

Reggaedon
March 25, 2006 02:53AM
Batch's music and voice fills up the air in my house daily. All I friends can't wait to check out his next appearance. Jah bless this messenjah angel with powers to make man/woman stop and listen. Give thanks for the positive mental food fe I brain. Only a few I've heard can spit lyrics on top of wise rythms like this.
I expect to see and hear much more from this musical pioneer.

These are some of my most favorite Batch tunes.

Song Title...................Effect caused............................Album

Green Gold................SPARK UP THE CHALISE.............Who You Are
Who You Are..............Pure African spirit...................Who You Are
Lift Up.................... Consciousness rebirth...............Who You Are
Chant Dem Down.........Babylon out, Rasta In................Who You Are
Free........................Mek I fly High........................Who You Are
Level The Vibes...........Vibes Must Level....................Who You Are
Healing....................Healing...............................Jah Guidance
Jah Guidance............360 degrees fullfillment..............Jah Guidance
High Chant...............Rastaman skank......................Jah Guidance
Control...................Break off Babywrong chains.........Jah Guidance
Keep The Faith..........Psalms In Song........................Keep The Faith
When.....................Whip dem Jah Jah ...................Keep The Faith
Good Virtues.............Empress loves it......................Keep The Faith
Zion King Come...........Covenant ............................Keep The Faith
Reaching.................Gideon Kick-off.......................Keep The Faith
Jah Run Things..........Wicked Get Slew.....................Keep The Faith

I could go on and on. Nuff serious vibes. Ordained by Jah.
Batch if you ever read this: The I-riginal high spirit lives in you.
Keep giving it to us as Jah leads de I.
We accept it with the love and thanks of Rastafari.
Blessings from Reggaedon.
March 25, 2006 05:29AM
SHASHAMANE777
March 25, 2006 05:32AM
Blessed love and good to see and know the great joy and upliftment Batch and Players bring to all a we !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
March 25, 2006 09:17AM
One of the best voices in Reggae today! 'Nuff respect!

Christopher
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login