Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RV's vs camping

Posted by Guleboy 
RV's vs camping
March 25, 2004 12:50AM
We are wondering what the camping situation is like up there. Is it like ROR all crowded in a field? We are considering and RV. Anybody have any feedback?
Pale Ryder
Re: RV's vs camping
March 25, 2004 12:55AM
Big Papa, I love it when you call me big Papa!!Gule!! The camping is very similar to ROTR, but there are not as many rocks! Camping is mostly on the dirt or grass, and there are very few shadey spots. It is pretty crowded too, but not as bad as ROTR, a little more spaced out.
middlerth
March 26, 2004 06:28AM
Not really like reggae on the river in my opinion. Rotr you park in a spot and hike your gear to your campsite. Snwmf you park and set up camp in the same spot. It can be alot more dustier at snwmf depending on the year. I agree with pale ryder that it camping is not as crowded together as rotr.
March 26, 2004 07:43AM
its really dusty and hot bring a dust mask and spray bottles
dubrise
March 26, 2004 03:59PM
yeah its like camping in a dust field with dust everywhere so if you dont like the dust maybe a rv would be better cause the rv area has grass also. but then your expenses go way up cause rv parking is 150 dollars compared to the car price of camping which im not sure of but its way less. anyways bring plenty of shade and water just to be prepared.
sisterlil
March 26, 2004 05:07PM
I can't imagine having to park our truck in parking lot then having to hike all of our stuff in. We have a huge set up when we go to festivals.. That is probably the biggest reason why we haven't done ROTR yet..
Pale Ryder
March 26, 2004 05:13PM
Yeah I forgot about the whole parking, and walking in thing. The only 2 years I have gone, I was lucky enough to get in on Thursday, and park really close to my camping spot. The first year my girlfriend had a broken leg, so we got to camp in alterable camping, and get in on thursday. Lucky for me, but not so lucky for her....
15_Year_ROTR_Vet
March 26, 2004 10:23PM
I have 8 years in at SNWMF, and I have always caught a sweet spot rigt next to my truck. However, This year I am going for the RV. I justified the 150 dollar fee by having others ride up in the RV, and pitch camp aside the RV, as opposed to driving themselves. This way 8 people will get to camp for the 150 with full hookups and a reservation. Cant beat a reservation!

See you there, I will be projecting massive reggae footage from within the RV.
sisterlil
March 26, 2004 11:07PM
Right on !!!!!!!!! with the projecting massive reggae footage from within the RV. that is cool.
March 27, 2004 10:44PM
...and you don't have to use the dreaded "blue rooms" (porta potties)! I would say if you have one - put it to use!
Joy
March 31, 2004 06:18PM
Go with the RV I have been both ways, it's a freeken dust bowl,,,,,irie, Joy ;~)
Acacia
March 31, 2004 10:36PM
You don't need an RV. Set your tent on the ground, make some shade & enjoy the scene. Most of the camping site is not very dusty anyway. And do you really want to escape dust by hiding out in a dark trailer? I don't. Save your money and have a better time by staying in a tent outside. (With a full cooler of beer, of course.)
15_Year_ROTR_Vet
April 01, 2004 09:35PM
I know I dont need an RV, but for the first time I had an opportunity to see what its like.....Believe me when I say that after 8 SNWMF's and 15 ROTR's, I know all about having my tent on the ground. I just lucked out this time around. And besides to each thier own...

PS, C'mon by the RV campground, I dont plan on being hard to find..... have a beer, bless the chalice. It will be so nice. See you there

15 Year-
dubrise
April 02, 2004 06:31PM
well 15 year vet lets just say you will be happy with your rv this year i had to camp in a tent every year but 2003 and i loved staying in my rv last year. no long shower line you just jump in yours and sierra nevada has the hookups not like reggae on the river where you need a generator and no water hookups. im taking another one this year again .i know i dont need it but hey when you work 6 days a week and this is your vacation time why not enjoy a lil house on wheels. i also have friends that camp on the grass around the rv ,just cant have to many cause theres not much room for them . my kids love that i can pull out a lil swimming pool for them and fill it up and no heavy dust to breathe in for 3 days straight. i cant wait for the show and my much needed vacation with the Irie cali massive smiling smiley one love blessings flow
April 02, 2004 11:51PM
Dubrise

I remember camping near your kiddie pool. We had the massive camp near the showers with the huge dark green shade tarp over the whole thing. I cant wait to pull up and relax for a change instead of the usual back breaking, dust breathin, forehead sweatin 2 or 3 hour campsite setup. Who knows, I may actually miss it.

15 Year
JUAN LOVE
April 03, 2004 09:15AM
i have always done the dust bowl camping(at angles camp that is)and have loved every minute of it. i guess it just fells like part of the whole experiance to me. an r.v. would probably be nice but setting up camp tent stylee is just tradition for me now. one love-juan love-10 year snwmf vet-
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login