Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

dreadstock 2004

Posted by john dillinger 
john dillinger
dreadstock 2004
March 26, 2004 01:43PM
greetings,
this is john dillinger, i am the dude spearheading this 2 day reggae festival to go down this coming spetember 25th and 26th in the city of vallejo cali...
feel me, this entire festival was inspired by my last vibing at sierra nevada last summer and cemented with the performance of midnite on the small stage which was magical for me...
since this time, the process has been a burden and a joy, y'all want to know how hard it is for the festivals to be? anybody interested in an idrin constructively venting with the intent of gaining some encouragement?
the festivals mean alot for alot of reasons, up-front is us going and vibing for 3 days and rejuvenating, they also employ folks in one of the last places nice people can run their own groovy business in their own version, a place where artists and performers can earn a living and perpetuate their life, much much more...
this is all we are trying to do in vallejo, especially vallejo where the vibe is needed, i see king david break his back to bring foundation gigs to the oasis and a direct result is younger folks instantly come to this music seeing the original vibe a feeling hip hop once had 25 years ago and now they roots.
cannot buy that at macys.
this is no promotional post, i will do that already, rather i am looking for some positive vibes and words for myself selfishly cuz they upping the liability insurance, making pay out my you know what and everything goes under the microscope in this day and time cuz of the world drama.
i keep tell ing folks reggae crowd self regulates,
one love
Re: dreadstock 2004
March 26, 2004 01:57PM
-jus ask i*+ have more than 2cents for ya* JAH GUIDE*
March 26, 2004 02:01PM
Trod on Mi brethren. Your works do not go unnoticed. No shame in asking for some positive feed back. That is why we are here. Much LOVE to you for working so hard to bring something to the community!! Bless you & I pray that you are able to fully accomplish this goal of yours. Can you post the link? Id like to check it out!

Much love,

Alexsis
March 26, 2004 02:10PM
Yes, it takes an enormous amount of time, energy and $$$ to make a festival work. As a new festival, you should anticipate many years of financial losses before you are able to 'turn the corner'. But if your dealings are upful and right, and you make it your life's mission, you can make it work.

John, I noticed that your festival date got changed from the end of June until the end of September, yet your artist page remains exactly the same. Are these artists confirmed, or is this just your wish list? Listing artists that are not confirmed will only cause troubles for the artists, troubles for the fans, and most importantly, troubles for you.
15_Year_ROTR_Vet
March 26, 2004 02:14PM
My thanks in advance for the big smile I shall wear on my face at your show!!

Big ups, without people like you working towards bringing the music to the massives, what would i and i do!
March 26, 2004 02:15PM
-seen too dat+ many promoters get wacked by that. never ever drop it till @least dars a verbal contract. pozitive<+>forwardz^
sisterlil
March 26, 2004 02:19PM
Daniel,
What is the web site for that festival???
regpara
March 26, 2004 02:30PM
sisterlil
March 26, 2004 03:09PM
Thank you. Right on..
sisterlil
March 26, 2004 03:12PM
Is Prezident Brown really going to be at Dreadstock.. I am there....
I am hoping this is not last year's line up.. I want to see The Prezident this year sometime..
March 26, 2004 03:15PM
WELL!

I must say, I will be in attendance! Not only is my fave band Groundation goin’ to be there but its all of the local bands that I have heard about & have wanted to see! I check out the usabb web site & see all of these peeps there & I wonder about the music & the vibe. Well! I'll soon find out! Right on! Now I'm excited! My 1st festivals all in 1 month!! RIGHT ON FOR BRINGING UP THE LOCAL PEEPS!!!!
Thank you thank you!

Alexsis
March 26, 2004 03:16PM
WELL!

I must say, I will be in attendance! Not only is my fave band Groundation goin’ to be there but its all of the local bands that I have heard about & have wanted to see! I check out the usabb web site & see all of these peeps there & I wonder about the music & the vibe. Well! I'll soon find out! Right on! Now I'm excited! My 1st festivals all in 1 month!! RIGHT ON FOR BRINGING UP THE LOCAL PEEPS!!!!
Thank you thank you!

Alexsis
March 26, 2004 03:16PM
oops!

:~)
john dillinger
March 26, 2004 10:46PM
respect for vibes...
this is the plannned line-up with some sspecial surprises that cannot be mentioned til some stuff is formalized. one thing for certain is vibe will be as strong as the best as the way it will come about will be from a fan perspective, lot of cool details.
the local scene is its own now, the bands and singers can hang with anyone, i dont think anyone one performer is necessarily better than the other, but not one of the performers or artists we are trying to see at dreadstock are sub-par.
the line up for sierra and reggae on the river this year is off the scale, go figure all the talk bout the same bands not playing 2 festivals in same region and whatnot...
much love for al the responses including the pointers, already been many lessons learned, a few the hard way, but this is what is to be expected.
prezident brown...
one love
regpara
March 26, 2004 11:01PM
greetings john,

are you still planning to have midnite at dreadstock?

sisterlil
March 27, 2004 06:23AM
Hello John,
Do you know of any Hotels in the area that we can stay at or is there camping somewhere???. And Do you have to take the ferry to get there???. Sounds like a fun weekend. We are looking forward to it. Bless you for all you hard work.
Jah Bless,
sisterlil
March 31, 2004 09:16AM
Do any of you know of (Irie Glen) ?
He lives in berkly --- he is one wize old reggea vet still settin up little shows in the berkly area, It was a blessing for me to meet him and talk with him.
Much Love IRIE GLEN!

Happy Trails
March 31, 2004 09:21AM
PKW - Do you mean Glenn Chase who used to work with Dubwize? I do know him, but he lives down in Santa Cruz, not Berkeley (though he did spend lots of time there promoting the Dubwize show there in January).
March 31, 2004 09:26AM
I guess so. YEA!!! IRIE GLEN IS THE MAN!
I enjoy that mans company more than most,
Yes Dubwize- he invited me to a show of theirs in january.
cool- i doughted anyone would know whom i spoke of
=)

Happy Trails
March 31, 2004 01:12PM
Yes Glen is an awesome person!I had the awesome oppertunity to work with him for a bit. He is a lovely soul! Hopefully we will see him at sierra nevada!
john dillinger
March 31, 2004 04:01PM
glen is the coolest dude, always promoting dubwize and letting people know about this music and the vibe.
sisterlil, there are plenty hotels/motels an holiday inns in and and around the vallejo bay area, will make a link for this in coming weeks, one good thing bout changing date to end of september is every hotel room our weekend in vallejo for the june date was being snatched up by folks going to nascar at the sears point raceway...
now that would have been an interesting vibe, nascar goers and reggae community folks chillin in same hotel, i think we would have won them over with kind vibe and had alot of folks driving slow and low the next daysmiling smiley
the weather is historically always perfect for the new date in september....
daniel, check artists link at dreadstock, heeding some words and vibes from your post...
regpara, midnite performance at sierra last june was prime catalyst for dreadstock. i took their lyrics and performance to heart and went about re-commiting myself to being a soldier for this music and vibe due to the rejuvenation of spirit and love provided at sierra nevada, midnite and all the cool people,
again, midnite is the band to go straight into hunters point ballroom this past winter bringing vibe to where it is needed most, not just where it is safe. one day, i hope to bring them to the show, in the meantime, they are thankfully playing both reggae on the river AND sierra nevada because the people want them there bro', this is crucial!!!
there are others to who are also bringing the vibe that will be at dreadstock 2004.
i am looking forward to sierra this year, again the SNWMF will save the day!!!
one love,
johhn dillinger
April 01, 2004 09:16AM
Someone should tell glen about SNWMF- Ive never seen him there, he would love it!!
Cool, people know Glen! Ya

Happy Trails
sisterlil
April 02, 2004 10:44AM
Hello John,
I just want to personal thank you for all your effort. We can't wait for SNWMF but also, we like to go to a festival in Setempter, so the Dreadstock is perfect.. It's a great way to close our summer down and bring in irie vibe to a winter that's on it's way.. Thank you for everything and it would be wonderful if we could someday meet and share a meal...
Jah Bless
Lil
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login