Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

KJAH Reggae Radio

Posted by Jahsoldier 
KJAH Reggae Radio
March 26, 2004 11:53PM
Greetings massive! Letting the people know about KJAH Reggae Radio on live365.com --Roots reggae streaming 24/7. Anyone with a 56k modem can listen, and it's free! Support independent radio and join the internet radio revolution.

[www.live365.com]
Jahsoldier(Broadcaster)
Re: KJAH Reggae Radio
March 27, 2004 05:11PM
I'm tuning in now - thanks for the heads up!
March 27, 2004 05:31PM
Ahhh - very nice, big up Jahsoldier! You are now added to my favorites... and I am requesting some LKJ as well as some "upsetting" Black Ark... keep up the good work!

Too bad you are in San Diego or I would invite you for a jam session (maybe you know Chris Simpkins? - aka Chief Simpko - I know he is down south, great bass player. He used to be from up here - Chico). Hope you can make it to the festival!

"Music gonna teach dem one lesson..."
March 27, 2004 06:33PM
have a hard time supporting live365(&otherz) these days after all webcasters have had to endure due to babywrongz claw on the net court. its a story of control(what they already have & had)while iNi get dumped for the bill. even listionerz now. never have i* thought it would come this far. was stunned when dey made law back in 2000* & shut i*selecta webcast down along with everyone else that was not getting out the visa for service & pretty much knocking down all networx that were not plugging for dis. all dem details get sweeped under mat while dey just keep locking our internet down with baby steps before we kno it. but anywayz no need for i* to further these vibes on your promo shot. nuff RASpects to your show have fun. peace, luv & unity! JAH*
March 27, 2004 08:20PM
Jahmeek, I hear ya. I assume you used to run an independent internet radio station, am I correct? I'm not wild about live365 either, but it is a great medium to spread Jah music to a global audience. As an artist/musician myself, I can see both sides of the argument concerning file sharing and royalties payments. I pay a monthly fee to live365 to cover artist royalties, however, with the general obscurity of most roots artists I am doubtful if most ever see any of it. It is my understanding that live365 just pays a lump sum to the major liscencing companies(ASCAP, BMI, etc.) to cover royalties, which amounts to fractions of a cent per song. Anyway, it is required to run a legal broadcast. As an independent roots reggae producer, engineer, and artist I use the station as a means to spread my own works to the masses. That, and the fact that I have an incredible archive of reggae with many rare and one of a kind album/tracks to share inspired me to launch the station. I also feel strongly that reggae doesn't receive the attention and respect due to it, and certaintly doesn't get the airplay it deserves. That said, I am trying to do my part to offer free promotion to all the artists on the station. I have listeners all over the world, and with artist/track/album info streaming with the music, people can get the info on their favorite songs/artists and hopefully support them directly by buying their albums.

--I agree with you though, about the systematic removal of our freedoms(both on the net and everywhere else). The people in this country are being put further and further into captivity, while simultaneously being told how free we are. We the sheeple, of Babylon USA...
March 28, 2004 04:08AM
-yes i*+ it's only really a BIG deal because of VIP listioner charges what i* tink is a personal shot to drive away listioners on live365 because only the LARGER funded stations that iNi all kno stay ahead even by joining in selling by offering cd's for sale of selected tracks & that keeps the bizz straight to the hog & even wipes away free flow live dj styles & everythng else that made web radio so much fun in the first place getting a shelter from the FCC(not dat i* like profanity) & all the commercial ads & label promo pay offs(all things working against reggae in general). but giv+thanx for the reasoning because i* just had a conversation with another bredren who play on radio & he agree. but what can you do? because i* dont see much of anybody sticking for rights on net unless they try to take away free prono pics. and thats the ruff truth sorry to see. trod on> -RASpects+
April 02, 2004 08:34PM
Dubguy--you'll find LKJ and the "upsetting" Black Ark currently on the station. Don't believe I know "Chief Simpko," but I'm sure he's around here somewhere.
TR-808
April 02, 2004 09:53PM

i think Simpko is in LA, but Mystic Coots are in SD area
Sean M.
April 06, 2004 08:57AM
Listening to the station now, crucial selections! I leave it on all day long.
Joy
April 06, 2004 12:33PM
irre
May 06, 2004 12:11PM
Greatings all massives
log on unto di brand new radio play by asher selector
with only conscious muzik rasta reggae all style .......
blessed love
raspect

May 06, 2004 07:15PM
YES i*> got ya link i*dren. iNi come check soon. Bless*
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login