Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Grimy Styles

Posted by Stevo 
Grimy Styles
September 27, 2010 04:24AM
Rockers Intl. disciples in full effect. Texas style.

Re: Grimy Styles
September 27, 2010 02:29PM
I've been into these guys for a little over a year now, based out of Austin, TX I believe

Good stuff

Be well
eric v
September 27, 2010 03:31PM
I'm working on the dub version of their debut album (including the riddim Stevo posted) right now, almost finished, I will post samples here soon for y'all to check out. this band is tuff. They are indeed from Austin. I was surprised to see them mentioned on here, that's cool you guys know their music. They have their own unique sound, would not call them rockers disciples (although they have a few songs leaning toward that), the last show I saw featured more rock and electronic elements. They have been evolving into a more eclectic and not roots reggae sound recently, compared to their first record. IMO one of the best bands of this type going in the USA, and I'm not saying that becuz they are friends and local.

Their guitarist played on the Hard Times riddim and 3 members of the band played on several Stephen "Gibbo" Gibbs productions in JA.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2010 08:46PM by DubOrganic.
September 27, 2010 03:32PM
bring Grimy Styles to SNWMF next year !
September 27, 2010 05:09PM
I was visiting my best friend in Austin last year and made a valiant attempt to catch them while there, but there weren't any live shows at the time.

Duborganic: Please keep me posted on the dub album, would love to support the project

Be well
eric v
September 27, 2010 05:26PM
a set with songs like that would make a nice village stage ting....

---

austin is such a freaking anomaly when it comes to music....
so many good bands come from there....
what's in the water?

--------------------------------------
FullWatts on your stereo...™
September 27, 2010 05:58PM
Biggup my Austin Family... keep holding it down!

Respect Same Way
September 27, 2010 07:21PM
my favorite non-reggae bands out of Austin are "The Snake Traps" and "Explosions in the Sky"

--------------------------------------
FullWatts on your stereo...™
September 27, 2010 08:01PM
Was my first time in Austin (last August) and I LOVED it! Great city, awesome for musical interests, nice people

Be well
eric v
September 28, 2010 12:20AM
Sounds good.

Peace
September 28, 2010 03:20AM

Yes, He does.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2010 01:04PM by EvanCR.
September 30, 2010 04:10AM
That tune is right up my alley! Thanks for the heads up Stevo - I'll be digging deeper.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login