Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wadi Gad - Eloy Detention Center

Posted by Jah Reggae Shop 
Wadi Gad - Eloy Detention Center
October 21, 2010 03:39AM
Wadi Gad was on my mind today.

I decided to do some web searching to find out more of what is going on with his INS problems.

I haven't been in touch with him since his arrest, so I don't know the facts around his case. I did dig up this address though. The person that posted it said to write to him and give support.

(This is the corrected address)

Carlyle Daniel
Alien#72268553
Eloy Detention Center
1705 E.Hanna Rd.
Eloy, Arizona 85131

(This is the corrected address)

I then did a search for Eloy Detention Center and found this: (Babylon at it's worst! A prision for profit.)

Link to Video Report About Eloy Detention Center

Fullest support to Wadi. SNWMF won't be the same without reasoning with Wadi in the parking lot of Discovery Inn.

Wadi With Don Carlos

Jah Reggae Shop ... Guam Massive
www.JahReggaeShop.com
JahReggaeShop@hotmail.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2011 03:28AM by Jah Reggae Shop.
Re: Wadi Gad - Eloy Detention Center
October 21, 2010 04:21AM
JRS,
Thank you for finding and posting this info.
October 21, 2010 05:09AM
i went to see don carlos for my 16th birthday eight years ago and meet wadi gad in parking lot after he gave me a free cd in front of the whole show and said "always big up the youth". Big up Wadi Gad and send him praises.
October 21, 2010 06:03AM
Wow... Now I know why his phone cut off... Wadi is a real soldier, they're few and far between...
Free up Wadi Gad !!!
October 21, 2010 04:59PM
These reggae artists need to stay outta AZ... theyre not messing around when it comes to "illegal immigration"

Respect Same Way
October 21, 2010 05:33PM
A soldier with a good heart, JAH know my prayers go out for Wadi's health, strength n protection through this serious time. Very sad indeed :-(
October 22, 2010 04:41PM
there is a benefit show in the works for Wadi at Pier 23 November 13th. we'll post more info as it is available.
October 25, 2010 02:26AM
How come he ended up there? in any case he needs 100 letters by November 1st. I am writing mine now.

PLEASE WRITE A LETTER ON BEHALF OF BROTHER WADI GAD STAYING IN UNITED STATES

please write a letter via snail mail regarding keeping brother Wadi Gad in America!

sample letter:

To: Eloy Detention Center 1705 E. Hanna Rd. Eloy, AZ 85231
attn: Carlyle Daniel E207

To Whom It May Concern;
I am writing on behalf of Brother Wadi Gad (Carlyle Daniel) who I understand is being held by the INS and may face deportation.

I am the publisher of the world’s oldest and largest reggae magazine, called THE REGGAE FESTIVAL GUIDE (www.reggaefestivalguide.com) which educates and entertains people all over the United States and Canada about the importance and the spiritual aspect of reggae music. The magazine can also be seen around the globe through our digital edition. Wadi Gad graced the cover of our magazine several years ago.

I am also the publicist for Renegade Productions, Northern California’s premier concert company. www.renegadeshows.com

For the past 20 years, through my involvement with the above mentioned companies, I have worked with Wadi Gad many, many times. He is one of the hardest working musicians in the industry. He has a solo career but also backs numerous musicians who are on tour. I have ridden long distances in cars with Wadi going to festivals or home from a gig. I have talked to him many times on the phone. I know most of his friends. I see him over and over again at concerts and festivals where he is performing or networking.

He is a gentle, soft-spoken spiritual person that is much needed in our industry on the west coast. Please do not send him away from his home, friends and family. He must be about the same age as me and it is hard to start over. He is established here and welcome here.
Respectfully
Kaati
Publisher
Reggae Festival Guide/RBA Publishing

PLEASE PICK UP A PEN AND PAPER AND MAIL YOUR LETTER TODAY! WE WANT 100 LETTERS TO REACH THERE BEFORE NOVEMBER 1.
October 25, 2010 04:38PM
Consider it done... thanks for the info.
October 25, 2010 04:51PM
The system is broken and being used improperly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2010 04:53PM by digitalguise.
October 25, 2010 05:38PM
Sending my letter out TODAY! Please send yours as well!

To: Eloy Detention Center 1705 E. Hanna Rd. Eloy, AZ 85231
attn: Carlyle Daniel E207

To Whom It May Concern;
I am writing on behalf of Brother Wadi Gad (Carlyle Daniel) who I understand is being held by the INS and may face deportation.

I am a wife and a mother of two children and I have known Wadi Gad for at least 15 years. I was a concert producer, promoter, and publicist for many years and worked with Wadi Gad on several occasions. I have had nothing but good and productive experiences with him and hold him in high regard. He is a prominent Elder in our community who is well respected and looked up to. My young son who is 4 years old greets him every time we see him and says he wants to be a drummer just like Wadi Gad.

I am aware of the politics in Arizona regarding immigration laws. I understand how the rest of the country views the current situation in Arizona which convinces me that Wadi Gad may very well be at a severe disadvantage there in your states care. I would like to insist that he be treated fairly and that his religious rights be observed and respected in a court of law until he is released and rightly returned to his home here in California where he has established a huge community of family and colleagues.
We are counting on seeing Wadi Gad back at home in our community where he belongs. Many people depend and count on his presence and contribution in our community and we cannot rest until he is released as soon as possible.

Sincerely,
Lisa Orchard
October 25, 2010 06:59PM
[emol.org]

Eloy is right between Tucson and Phoenix on 1-10. When I was at school there in the early 90's, we used to make that drive a lot. If you are heading North from Tucson, Eloy is about 30 minutes and to the north, slightly of 1-10 , right before Casa Grande. I haven't been there in a while, but I'm sure they now have all kindz of state police troopers hooped up on hormones patrolling 1-10 like a bunch of vampires. Did Wadi have any shows in Phoenix or Tucson lately? If he played in Tucson, my brother Papa Ranger down at at Twelve Tribes would know the details:

Twelve Tribes Reggae ShopTwelve Tribes Reggae Shop
PAPA RANGER
345 N 5th Ave Tucson, AZ 85705-8415 - (520) 620-1810

But I say... Some Never Even Plant yet want to Reap,
If you run, be careful, try to look before you leap;
Took a little walk from my Vineyard...
Now I'm on my own
Now I'm left alone..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2010 07:10PM by papaken.
October 25, 2010 07:21PM
Don't know his situation for sure.From my legal friend this is where many immigration issues/situations are sent now even from CA.
October 27, 2010 04:02PM
write your letters today.. last chance to get there in time
October 27, 2010 05:23PM
Malika Madremana is organizing a benefit concert at Pier 23, S.F. Nov 13th to raise funds to help with legal fees--Another way to support the efforts towards his release. On the bill so far: Arkaingelle, Malika Madremana, Irae Divine, Binghi Ghost, 7th St., plus special guests and local Dj's.
November 05, 2010 09:01PM
UPDATE ON CHARACTER REFERENCE LETTERS FOR BRO WADI GAD

According to Bro Asher, Bro Wadi’s Lawyer was not aware that our letters were being sent to the INS authorities in Arizona and he has requested that copies of such Letters be sent to him as soon as possible. He needs to submit them along with the new Petition pronto.

Copies of your letters should be should be mailed to:
Attorney Daniel Hanlon
225 So. Lake Avenue, Suite 1100
Pasadena, California 91101

Bro Wadi would like to remain in the U.S. where he has spent most of his life and it is our hope and prayer that his wish will be granted. Please write a letter on his behalf. He is a singer/songwriter/drummer. An integral part of the Northern California reggae scene; a true Rasta man.

Letters can be e-mailed to:
visas@hanlonlawgroup.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login