Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Attention DJ's PLEASE READ

Posted by Diesel 
Attention DJ's PLEASE READ
December 26, 2010 08:02PM
Although this act is going against Raves this wil hurt the dancehall crowd too as we like to party into the early morning too. Also might have a little to do with the reason LA Rumble was shut down. PLEASE NOTICE SECTION 2 as it pertains to us. This could mean NO DANCEHALL AT SNWMF or just a really short one.

THE PEOPLE OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA DO ENACT AS FOLLOWS:

SECTION 1. This act shall be known and may be cited as the Anti-Raves Act of 2011.

SEC. 2. Section 421 is added to the Penal Code, to read:
421. (a) Any person who conducts a public event at night that
includes prerecorded music and lasts more than three and one-half
hours is guilty of a misdemeanor punishable by a fine of ten thousand
dollars ($10,000) or twice the actual or estimated gross receipts
for the event, whichever is greater.

(b) Subdivision (a) shall not apply to a public event on private
property if the entity that conducts the public event has a business
license to operate a bar, club, theater, entertainment venue, or
other similar business, or to conduct sporting events, and conducting
the public event is consistent with the business license.

(c) For purposes of this section, "night" means that period
between sunset and sunrise.

SEC. 3. No reimbursement is required by this act pursuant to
Section 6 of Article XIII B of the California Constitution because
the only costs that may be incurred by a local agency or school
district will be incurred because this act creates a new crime or
infraction, eliminates a crime or infraction, or changes the penalty
for a crime or infraction, within the meaning of Section 17556 of the
Government Code, or changes the definition of a crime within the
meaning of Section 6 of Article XIII B of the California Constitution.
Re: Attention DJ's PLEASE READ
December 26, 2010 08:55PM
What? No way...for real? What can we do to stop this?
December 26, 2010 10:15PM
Does not apply to SNWMF and LA Rumble was shut down because the venue was an illegal /unpermitted business

Careful about spreading rumors Chuck

--
December 26, 2010 10:17PM
1. This is not a law, just a proposed law that has not been through the legislative process yet;

2. This would have absolutely NO impact on SNWMF as the festival's contract with the Fairgrounds includes the right to conduct the 'late-nite dancehall' which is consistent with the fairgrounds license...

3. I believe the state (and/or local) law already requires that one obtain a permit in order to have a public event at which music (whether canned or live) will be performed at more than a certain decibel level....
December 27, 2010 06:40PM
Who owns the fair grounds... The city/ county or an individual person. If it is owned by the city or county then this will apply to SNWMF. And if this does pass who's to say reggae is not next. They are being shut down on the fact that drugs are being taken at the event and alowed by the event. When I say alowed when was the last time some one was kicked out or talked to about smokeing weed at the show. The drug use is everywhere. You can't walk around without smelling weed smoke, you can't walk through the parking lot without someone trying to sell you mushrooms, Molly, or some type of edible. In my opion if this law is passed it could lead to all California festivals being shut down.
Even if this does not pertain to the festival still as a DJ I need to protect my job and hobby. This might not effect you, but this will effect me and friends of mine.

As for starting roomers I'm not trying to start any. I did not sate this was the reason I said it MIGHT have to do with it. But if LA had not declared war on Rave and illegal parties it might not have been shut down. Also after talkin with friends that promote shows they have said any DJ events they have tried to put on in the past 3 months that have had to jump through more hoops with paper work, not alow all ages unless it is done by 10pm and 18 plus events need to have for IDs.

Some of you might not care and that is fine for you but Im sure some others besides me will be effected if this passes.
December 27, 2010 06:59PM
too many rules...
December 27, 2010 09:44PM
As a (presumably) practicing lawyer I am amazed at your response to this:

>2. This would have absolutely NO impact on SNWMF as the festival's contract with the Fairgrounds includes the right to conduct the 'late-nite
>dancehall' which is consistent with the fairgrounds license...

You know as well as anyone there is no "right" to any such thing.

You also know this legislation, if passed into law, will be interpreted any way it can be to support whatever move babylon would make under it. There is no guarantee at all that "This would have absolutely NO impact on SNWMF..." and you're doing just as bad as you are accusing others of doing in starting rumours. In fact, you seem to be speaking out your a$$ on this one. In fact this very legislation, if passed, could and would be used specifically to curtail events just like SNWMF. The "drug" connection is obvious even though I personally don't consider herb to be a "drug"...but plenty of others do and having kids around just seals it.

>3. I believe the state (and/or local) law already requires that one obtain a permit in order to have a public event at which music (whether canned or
>live) will be performed at more than a certain decibel level....

And this seems totally irrelevant to the situation...and that permit can and will be revoked at will.

Personally though I cannot see a bill this loose and non specific being passed but then again its been done before.

Hey politician, how about you just enforce the existing laws instead of making up dumb new ones? There are plenty of laws regarding drug use and underage people that we don't need more draconian ones that restrict peoples' freedom to have a little fun. @#$%& it if a couple people die...they would die anyhow sooner or later if they do what they do and take drugs without a little circumspection. Its Darwinism at its finest.

Hey I'm OT Joe so its ok!!!
December 28, 2010 03:38AM
Ma says she'll put anti-rave bill on hold

Assemblywoman Fiona Ma has apparently heard a lot of outcry since she introduced a bill last week that would make raves illegal in California. Most of that feedback has not been positive, and some of it has been downright nasty (we know, because some of those mean e-mails were sent to yours truly).

Now, she's backing off.

In a statement released today, Ma said she will put AB74 on hold until she can sit down with entertainment industry insiders, youths, law enforcement, local government officials and others.

Why the backpedaling? Many folks had warned that the measure -- which banned any "public event at night that includes prerecorded music and lasts more than three and one-half hours" -- would have a broad effect and could put the kibosh on many parties other than raves. (Ma said she simply wanted to stop drug-fueled dance parties at public venues, and would exempt private entities, such as bars or clubs, that have business licenses, from the ban.)

In introducing the measure, Ma had cited recent overdoses -- some of them fatal -- at raves at public events centers including Daly City's Cow Palace.

"From the beginning, my intent was to find common sense public safety solutions for large entertainment events at state owned facilities," she said in a written statement Monday. "I don't believe anyone wants the tragedies that occurred this year to continue happening. The stakeholder meetings will be inclusive and I commit to not moving AB 74 until meeting and hearing from all perspectives. This issue is complicated. We have to find a way to protect young people without compromising everyone's legitimate rights to enjoy themselves in a safe environment. I appreciate everyone's input throughout this process."

Read more: [www.sfgate.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login