Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Jr Murvin "Bad Man Posse"

Posted by eric v 
Jr Murvin "Bad Man Posse"
January 13, 2011 04:06PM
Greetings all and Happy New Year!

I just got the 7" of Jr Murvin "Bad Man Posse" on DATC label and LOVE LOVE LOVE the tune.....

My question is, are there other tunes on the same riddim?

Be well,

eric v
Re: Jr Murvin "Bad Man Posse"
January 13, 2011 05:13PM
What's on the flip side Eric?

I've got a (33RPM) DATC 12" that has Bad Man Possee, Guitar and Never Fall In Love on one side with Rebellion, Brixton Possee and Man Is the Fire on the flip side....
AKA
January 13, 2011 06:00PM
Love that one too Eric! But sorry, I can't place any other tunes on the riddim.

Daniel, the flip is Brixton Possee.
January 13, 2011 08:43PM
As fine a production(if not the best) that Mikey cut on another artist, IMO.
January 13, 2011 08:58PM
Cosigned great cut. I got xtra copies of it w Mikey/Brixton on the flip if anyone is looking. But think it is an easy record to come by...
January 13, 2011 09:01PM
True papa ray, but my vote in that regard would probably go to the Earl Sixteen "Reggae Sounds" album from DATC........
January 13, 2011 09:14PM
I'd like to track down the 12" (if it exists) now that I have heard the 7".

What difference is on the 12", longer dub? DJ? Mikey Dread? Or is it an 12" EP as Daniel mentioned? Just curious.

Played it for friends last night and they loved it, ended up wheeling it several times.

Be well,

eric v
January 13, 2011 09:17PM
Dug deep in the stax for dis ya wan:

Barbara Jones - You and I

Black & White 12"

Not nearly as good as Badman Possee, but really, what is?
January 13, 2011 09:41PM
Daniel
True papa ray, but my vote in that regard would probably go to the Earl Sixteen "Reggae Sounds" album from DATC........

Personal taste as always---I rank the Earl 16, BUT by far the best moments of Murvin with the Radics had to be Mikey's audio slice.
And, given I enjoy Murvin's voice more...
jps
January 13, 2011 09:53PM
The 12" that I have on DATC is an extended version on the a side that goes straight into a Mikey Dread dj cut Badda-Badman Style and the b side is Smokers Possee - Bad-Boy Request.....wicked record.
January 13, 2011 10:06PM
Tippa Lee riding version of "bad man posse"

January 13, 2011 10:32PM
Well I just snagged the 12" of the tune off ebay. I'll pass the 7" off to my buddy that I DJ with.

Thanks for all the info people, it's nice to reap the benefits of knowledge. Now off to investigate the Barbara Jones "You and I" (Black and White 12"winking smiley that Big Vein mentions..........see how these things go, hahaha

Be well
eric v
January 14, 2011 12:07AM
eric v ~

A no bigvein dat. A mi a tell you dat,staar.

Respect to Mr. Vein still.

The B side is 'Much Love' (aka Rob & Gone) by 'Barrinton' Levy...dedwax # CP 11485
January 14, 2011 04:04PM
Comanche (Stevo?)

Sorry my friend, I totally miscredited you! I was reading the thread and typing at the same time, my apologies.

In any regard many thanks for the tip, now down that road for the 12" you mentioned. Be well and have a great weekend!

One love
eric v
January 14, 2011 04:28PM
Any body know the artist/title of this song I used to love listening to this one? I only know a few lyrics " You have the good man posse ,you have the bad man posse you have the Rastaman posse you have the rootsman posse ,which one you wanna be son take your choice take your choice son ,so many have lost their lives and it's simply, because of the wrong posse" ? Peace and Love to All
January 14, 2011 05:10PM
That would be Bad Man Posse by Jr. Murvin Baba....
January 14, 2011 05:26PM
Thanks Daniel you rock!
January 14, 2011 10:06PM
eric v~

I will play that Barbara Jones 12" tonight on KZYX sometime bet. 10 & midnight, if you waan ear it...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login