This Sunday Jan 30th: Michael Rose @ the Chrome Lotus, Santa Rosa

This Sunday Jan 30th: Michael Rose @ the Chrome Lotus, Santa Rosa
January 29, 2011 06:47AM
This Sunday:
Michael Rose in Santa Rosa
@ the Chrome Lotus

Re: This Sunday Jan 30th: Michael Rose @ the Chrome Lotus, Santa Rosa
January 29, 2011 09:05AM
Missed the show in sd tonight....heard he is touring with members of the til shiloh band?
January 29, 2011 11:36AM
I'll check and let y'all know
January 29, 2011 07:06PM
I Highly recommend this show! Mykal rose are the real deal. Here i go again wit my D.C. chat but check it this past summer there was a show with Mykal Rose and Pressure ,Pressure was the headliner with M.Rose supporting act? No really the one promoter I met told me Pressure was the real draw not Rose I smirked at him and said really really. He looked surprised like yeah Pressure is the next Rose . I heard the show had a low turn out it was in a black venue in a black neighborhood. Believe me reggae is not as big in D.C. anymore amongst African American men some AA women check it for certain reasons but not most rank reggae at all. Mykal rose is a top foundational singer who deserves all due respect not as an opener for Pressure IMO. This is a rootical treat I will see him in Eugene@ The WOW Hall on the 4th.JAH Bless Peace and Love
January 31, 2011 01:08AM
what band and where is the chrome lotus?
February 01, 2011 08:11AM
backed by fool band...........you are a fool if u think there is a band there
February 01, 2011 11:38PM
It was Bujus backup singers and his Til Shiloh band with a guitarist added from the Bay.
Moderate turnout. Dope show from Mr Rose and crew
February 01, 2011 11:50PM
what was the setlist jacques?
curious if it still the uhuru set or if he has some new sound in there also.
February 02, 2011 08:07AM
A mix of both his new tunes and Black Uhuru tunes
February 02, 2011 06:13PM
was that more than 3 full length Michael Rose songs? Or Entriely Black Uhuru with 2 michael rose songs?
February 02, 2011 07:08PM
nice to hear the next day he had a band.......this should have been on the poster......maybe people expecting a DJ show is the reason the turn out was only moderate......
February 02, 2011 07:17PM
Randomguy angry today? I saw the show in Santa Cruz and assume he probably played a similar set as he did in santa rosa. It was mostly Black Uhuru songs, those are his too, mixed with some new songs. I thought it was a really good set. I would say the reason there wasn't a great turn out has to do with it being on a sunday, people do work, that's why I didn't go.
February 02, 2011 07:31PM
jus One question:

Do Ppl think Guess Whos Coming to Dinner is a "Black Uhuru" song????

Same Riddim:

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2011 07:35PM by Original RuffNeck Sol Jah.
February 03, 2011 06:22PM
I would have gone if i had known there was a band and backup singers definitely...I love Michael Rose, I think he has one of the most powerful voices in the world..But he has had a long solo career dating back to the nineties...He has had some great singles along the way......Why doesn't he play them? ........At least go with the majority of hot Michael Rose singles....But all UhUru except for a short medley of singles from the last 3 years that includes 3 songs...........I think he could do better
February 05, 2011 03:04AM
I caught the show last night...and it was absolutly amazing. I don't believe it was the Til Shiloh band...I do know it's def members I have seen before. I would be curious to find out who it was? Oh and I wouldn't miss an opportunitiy to see this show..
February 16, 2011 07:02PM
Just saw Michael Rose last night here in Lawrence Kansas. He put on a great show with an outstanding band and back up singers.
The band called themselves the Reggae Machine or something like that. I talked to the bassie Frank Burt who said that they or some of them are Buju's band. I guess that means Til Shiloh. He plays a wicked wicked six string bass. I also talked to Brett the guitarist who is from the bay area. I've seen him play with numerous people on stage at SNWMF and have always appreciated his playing and stage presence.

Be sure to go see them if they come your way!

Scotti B
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login