Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Michael Franti/Spearhead

Posted by RockyMtnYeti 
RockyMtnYeti
Michael Franti/Spearhead
March 31, 2004 08:13PM
Michael Franti/Spearhead

What is your opinion? I personally am not a fan AT ALL.
Maybe I'm missing out on the good stuff?

middlerth
Re: Michael Franti/Spearhead
March 31, 2004 08:29PM
I had never heard or seen Spearhead before rotr 2003. Good show live. Dissapointed after buying cd. Looking into it more Franti and Spearhead seem to be always playing shows but dont have very much new music. I think a couple of cd's total and yet I have heard that spearheads been around for 5+ years. I like some of the music and dont feel as much of the rest.
bun n cheese
March 31, 2004 08:43PM
spearhead has a great live performance.
March 31, 2004 08:59PM
I am really enjoying the positive message Franti puts in his music, Good music too.
Im really like-ing Franti'a newist CD I believe its called Everyone deserves Music.

Post Edited (04-01-04 12:18)

Happy Trails
April 01, 2004 06:59PM
-nuff RASpects+ to his worx as he trods on >forward^ pozitive in dis crucial time. u can all c im not his follower by this next commit. spearhead is not headline material for a world(reggae)festival. very surprised to c about sunday final boasting for dem here this year as he & his band may get across the border on a north-west fan base but if it was a one day/nite ticket only with mr.franti as main event. i* would NOT buy it! that is forsure. p.s. u had to ask*
April 01, 2004 07:10PM
After seeing Ziggy and Michael Franti and Spearhead the other night at the Luther Burbank Center in Santa Rosa, I'd say that they are headline material. I've seen them a few times in the past and the one thing I can say is that they always bring a lot of energy, interact with the crowd, and bring a very serious and conscious message to their shows. There are more than a few rastas and reggae bredren that can learn from Franti's leadership. I may not agree with everything he says, but he's truly a warrior and at the least deserves a lot of respect.

fourtwentyplenty
April 01, 2004 08:27PM
Not a fan at all. I just saw them and it was nothing special. Cool guys though, came down in the crowd after and greeted everyone.
April 02, 2004 05:57PM
" Its just a matter of openion"

-Les Claypool

Happy Trails
sisterlil
April 02, 2004 06:37PM
I just bought a Spearhead CD and I was not impressed at all. I have heard good things about them through friends but have never seen them live.. The music is very positive, but it honestly sounded more like Dave Matthews to me...
April 03, 2004 08:46PM
michael franti/spearhead are awesome in live performance (band changes and we saw them last week and they were great) - some of the cd's are overproduced perhaps for some tastes. michael is love, peace, rocking music and a message that must be heard. i'm so glad he'll be performing at snwmf - his blend has a little hip-hop/rap with pure energy and heart.

April 03, 2004 08:47PM
michael franti/spearhead are awesome in live performance (band changes and we saw them last week and they were great) - some of the cd's are overproduced perhaps for some tastes. michael is love, peace, rocking music and a message that must be heard. i'm so glad he'll be performing at snwmf - his blend has a little hip-hop/rap with pure energy and heart.
Ian
April 05, 2004 04:26AM
My favorite Spearhead album is "Home", their first album I believe. I like the new stuff a lot too, and it's a fun live performance, but sometimes you can only be in a cerain kind of mood to listen to them. My 2 cents.
April 05, 2004 08:31AM
Don't know spearhead at all...but 420plenty I do know the LBC, great venue. I saw Ben Harper and met the band there 7 years ago, Crucial!! Great place to see shows!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login