Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How Many Tents Per Campsite??

Posted by yellowberry 
How Many Tents Per Campsite??
February 20, 2011 02:24AM
I understand that each vehicle pays for one campsite, but how large are the sites and are you able to erect more than one tent per site? Also, anyone know if they're are showers on the grounds. This will be my first time, and I will be camping....anyone veteran festival goers have advice for me????

Many Thanks,

Carrie
Re: How Many Tents Per Campsite??
February 20, 2011 05:44PM
there is showers.and yes you can have more than one tent per sight.......buy youre camping pass/tix and all the tents u can fit in the car.................enjoy youreself.....welcome home
February 20, 2011 07:46PM
Due to limited amount of available camping space available to the festival promoters, each vehicle is given a small space for camping, just a little more room than the parking space for your car. I call it apartment camping. We have enough room for two tents and a pop up sun canopy with the tents partially underneath it. Probably can squeeze three tents with some room for an eating area.
enjoy the gathering of the tribe
February 20, 2011 09:50PM
It's an all out war once you get your site! Gotta setup quick! Before someone squeezes in on yer space.....yiikkkees... but ya it's some seriously close quarters. You get to know your neighbors quite well! I still keep in touch with my neighbors and actually have hung out with them at other festivals now....hah.
February 21, 2011 03:21AM
[www.snwmf.com]

Of course you need to be prompt as the gates open for people that like to be.

Keepin it simple.
(edit)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2011 03:29AM by waterborn.
February 21, 2011 03:25AM
Ya last year I showed up later than I ever have for camping(thanks to my tired blowing up on the way) and I actually liked my location way better than years prior...all spots are good tho, it's just tryin'a fit all your stuff in your spot that can be a little difficult! But its not like Reggae where you can be camped soooooo far away. Its nice that its not a huge place! I appreciate being able to go back and forth all day.
February 21, 2011 05:20AM
Camping is super cramped. Downright insulting if you ask me. You pay the inflated prices and get next to nothing for it. They encourage carpool, and give every car a one man space.

There has been different camping areas open during different years at Boonville. One year there was more than enough space. Tons of extra acrage opened up. Since then.... nope. All that extra space just sits there empty. Would love to know the true reason its not used.... yet the same number of tickets are sold? Money money money money.... is the root of all....

Watch the powers that be chime in and say its some ordinance or what not. Bullshit. I suppose thats why it was open one year out of the blue and now closed. That cramped ass camping needs relief. Believe that!

What will SNWMF do to ensure that when 4 people come in the same car they wont have to sleep in the same tent? Answer: demanded.
February 21, 2011 03:36PM
Yea, that's what I was thinking......I'm travelling with three people in my car, and I like them and all, but I don't want to have to share a tent all weekend.
AKA
February 21, 2011 07:47PM
Here comes a rant.....................

Camping at SNWMF in Boonville, depending on how lucky your placement turns out, ranges from almost bearable to completely unbearable. My horrible sleepless strung out experiences from 2009 kept me from going back 2010. Now, with the exception of Horace Andy, Toots, and Pablo Moses, as of right now this lineup is not enough to make me want to go through it again.

My lack of recent attendance and resistance to future attendance is 100% the result of the awful camping situation at SNWMF. Specifically the tiny amount of space allowed per car and the absence of late night amplified music enforcement. The lack of classic artists (so far) in the line up this year just makes my decision easier but is by no means the reason for not coming.

Although it's probably an unpopular opinion around here, I'm also afraid that this "flavor of the week" artist selection this year will bring more people to this event that have different festival priorities and expectations than I do.

I guess I could just be getting too old and out of touch for the wild party of SNWMF these days. But in my opinion, I can go to a place like Burning Man for all night soundsystems. I can go camping all over California if i want to party all day and night with friends in a campground. I would like to go to SNWMF to hear and feel reggae music from professional singers, players, and djs for a whole weekend in the sun with 1000's of other like minded people, and not have to worry about going into battle with ravers every night/morning at 6am when my neighbors bass is in my face and has basically blown my earplugs off my head.

I'm looking for sleeping hours between 3am and 9am to be able to have energy to do and see everything I want at the fest. I don't think thats too much to ask. My passed experience at the Boonville campground did not allow for that any of the 3 nights I stayed. It ruined my experience as I was dead tired most of the time and never able to recoup unless i were to sleep through the acts at my tent site (unacceptable for me, but is exactly what my soundsystem neighbors did everyday.)

Seems fixable to me but there may be some obstacles I don't know about keeping this from happening. But I'd think they could use one of the many empty surrounding fields to allow for more space per car for camping. And most importantly, do what you say your going to do and enforce the no amplified music after 10pm rule in the campground. I'd even be ok with 2am if it really brings that much pleasure to some. But when the snwmf sponsored dancehall shuts down, for me it's time to start to unwind and get ready for the next day.

ps - now if snwmf had an all Roots Radics showcase with classic singers and chatters, I'd go even if it were part of an outdoor Dave Matthews Band show in the Antarctic.
February 21, 2011 07:59PM
AKA - there are options.....the best one (in my opinion) is camping at Anderson Valley Brewery just up the road from festival. The "front" camping area (near the brew pub building) is under trees and on a grassy area but it is almost as crowded as the festival camping jungle. The big open area in the back of the brewpub (between the brewpub and highway 128) has lots of room and is civilized (i.e. quiet).
February 21, 2011 08:02PM
sorry you feel that way about the lineup AKA, i think its pretty killer

see [snwmf.com]

edit: regarding the music, partying, etc in campround. not about tents

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2011 08:04PM by face668.
February 22, 2011 05:25AM
How does camping compare to Reggae On The River camping?
February 22, 2011 09:02AM
Stevo, one of the filelds was turned into grapevines that we used for overflow one or more years. I'm guessing that one of the outer fields was closed off/ not used last year due to lower attendance. Camping space has always been tight at Booneville, seems the parking of the cars there has always been tightly regulated to give folks minimal space. Well, space is money as well as time.

I see the tight camping as instance community. Time to meet new people and chill out.

Alternatives to camping on site are there. Check the Hendy Woods thread though likely late for this year. Motels in Ukiah with a windy drive. All trade offs, stay on site, wear ear phones and fall asleep to music you choose, be slightly foggy the next day, or schlepp out of the festival grounds at some late hour and travel safely to somewhere.
February 23, 2011 01:46AM
Edited down to this:

Quit bitchin and party.:>

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2011 01:49AM by waterborn.
February 23, 2011 06:51PM
i thought folks were at the festival to see reggae artists perform.... but i'm reading complaints about the camping conditions.... as long as you have somewhere to sleep you should be good to go.... it's amazing that some people can show up with just a backpack and a blanket and do just fine..... yet some have to have every comfort of home, and still complain how bad it is.... if you want lots of space, a family camping trip, or a relaxing spa like experience, you should do that a different weekend somewhere else..... if you want top notch music, good vibes, nice people, and a great weekend of fun, then please come to BOOMVille for SNWMF and be ready to have a wonderful time.....

--------------------------------------
FullWatts on your stereo...™
February 23, 2011 07:39PM
It is all about RESPECT.... Some people show none... That is were the problem starts.. Plain and simple.
No bitching, no spa treatments.., although their is a nice massage person their every year I have been. it is really just about RESPECT the people around you and RESPECT the town of Boonville.
and all should be IRIE...
That is all....
Peace.
One Love
February 23, 2011 07:48PM
Hendy Woods- quiet, redwoods, and good people.
February 23, 2011 08:46PM
hendy woods is sold out!!!
February 23, 2011 10:52PM
There's been a thread up on this forum for a while about Hendy Woods. Good luck with the parking lot jungle- I learned long ago at Reggae On the River that camping in the offsite campgrounds is the way to do it at festivals.

Peace

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2011 11:01PM by J_72.
February 24, 2011 04:56PM
well i never have any trouble with camping...wink wink...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login