Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I AM NOT TRYING TO START AN ARGUEMENT!

Posted by katers 
I AM NOT TRYING TO START AN ARGUEMENT!
April 01, 2004 12:06PM
I am not trying to start an arguement or anything, but I would just like to point out that SNWMF has a lineup that kicks so much ass... and ROTR is still a little lacking. (not that I dont love everyone on the bill so far -- its just that I saw alot of them at SNWMF LAST YEAR!) I know the ROTR lineup will grow, but I think SNWMF has an almost perfect lineup -- and that is hard to beat!

Peace!!!!!!!

k

P.S. Does anyone know when the vendor confirmations are going to be sent out? I havent recieved mine yet and my boss is hounding me...
middlerth
Re: I AM NOT TRYING TO START AN ARGUEMENT!
April 01, 2004 04:23PM
Yeah but kate rotr still has 6 months until the show. Snwmf is less than three months away and we are just getting the rest of the line-up. Plus rotr gets the opportunity to see snwmf lineup and try and counter it with an equal or an attempt at a better lineup. They can buy the best line-up money can buy and they still wont get the IrIe vibes flowin like they used to be. The time is SNWMF!
April 01, 2004 10:55PM
Last year was the first year I attended ROTR, because it was the first time there was a lineup I felt worthy of my time & money. SNWMF generally has better artists who get more respect in Yard and ROTR generally caters to the hippy crowd.
Bless
john dillinger
April 02, 2004 01:04AM
sierra line up is off the scale!
rotr has the easy star dub all-stars who re-made pink floyd's dark side of the moon... those dudes at easy star, they are gonna put on a show that will positively devastate the fans every wish!!!
we are so fortunate in cali to have 2 bomb asssssss festival/shows with not only line ups that are tight but the undeniable cali vibe with the groovy people to chill with. the line ups are just part of the vibe, ras tony moses is not lying or wasting his breath when he mc's and says 'to all the lovely people'. the man never forgets that praise!
bizness-wize, reggae on the river aint trippin, they know the show sold out and folks cant even show up for tickets, sierra has to work real hard and draw folks with the honey,
dreadstock? well, we are like them brothas stuck on a tightwire between 2 high rises and got to walk across that line with the wind blowin hard....
it is all good though, isnt it? smiling smiley
one love....
April 02, 2004 09:34AM
ISN'T IT AMASINGLY AWSOME THIS YEAR

DEFINITLY THE BEST YEAR YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Trails
dubrise
April 02, 2004 10:33AM
yes this lineup is blessed i just feel like we need something fresh still like some younger artists . someone to come with the fyah smiling smiley
April 02, 2004 11:50AM
Yes this line up is off the hook... but let's not get into putting one festival up against the other. They are each unique and different from each other, not to mention the locations. A few of the artists playing this year's SNWMF were also seen at last year's ROTR; Beres Hammond, Marcia Griffiths (w/ Judy Mowat!!!), Michael Franti, Izzy Vibes...not to start an argument or anything.
April 02, 2004 12:27PM
Yeah Dubrise I hear ya, but Gentleman with bring nuff fyah! Also check out Sabbattical Ahdah, he is not on the ragga tip but he is a young riser and has a tuff roots sound!
April 02, 2004 01:40PM
Waiting for Jah Bill to tell us to go to the other site...................where you at teach?
April 02, 2004 01:52PM
I Wasn't comparin fest's, Simply saying THIS IS GONNA BE THE BEST YEAR YET!!!
4 SNWMF

Happy Trails
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login