Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Midnite question

Posted by Reggabe 
Midnite question
April 14, 2011 01:01PM
So I've been on a Midnite kick again lately and am thinking of purchasing a new CD.

I already own Unpolished, Ras Mek Peace, Seek Knowledge Before Vengeance, Assini, Let Live, and Ainshant Maps. What crucial album of theirs should I add to my collection?

I'm thinking Jubilees of Zion, Infinite Quality, or What Makes a King. Also He Is Jah, because I LOVE the song "Leader Be", but I heard that one may be out of print?

Any comments, suggestions, or advice is welcome.

Bless.
Re: Midnite question
April 14, 2011 01:12PM
Jubilees of Zion would be my pick. Killa, no filla as I would say.
April 14, 2011 01:35PM
Check out "Nemozian Rasta"

Its a unique album as far as Midnite goes...a little bit of hip hop influence as far as the beats and delivery of lyrics (in a good way).

Also it features a few really nice songs from Dezarie....which really put her on the map in my mind....It's pretty much a 'must-have' Midnite album...

hip hop influenced tune...

probably my favorite track from the album...

April 14, 2011 01:57PM
I second that^. Jubilees of Zion is CRUCIAL! Tracks like Ras to The Bone, Earth Cycle Now A Rasta and White Collar Criminal are just a few of the defining songs that get constant rotation round my house. If you dig that Ainshant Maps album (One of my FAVORITES!!) than you will most likely love Scheme of Things. Unfortunately, you are correct about He Is Jah; "out of stock", I had to email Preston and special order that one a couple years back. Check out Geoman as well, a little bit more unconventional with some jazz and hip hop experimentation. I have been bumpin Ark A Law recently, it grew on me over time (didnt really dig it at first, took a few listens).

Crazy Lyrics!!
April 14, 2011 02:03PM
Check out Branch I - Project III
April 14, 2011 02:12PM
Thanks for the input peoples! Treez, I had never considered Nemozian Rasta, and I like the links provided. I have to admit I'm leaning towards Jubilees, gotta like "Great Zimbabwe Walls" and "White Collar Criminal"! And knowledge seeker, I forgot to say I have Scheme A Tings and Geoman on my Itunes, but you're right cause I love the song "People Iz I" from Geoman.

All in all it seems like one can't go wrong with ANY Midnite album! What are opinions on Infinite Quality?
April 14, 2011 02:27PM
April 14, 2011 02:48PM
I second (or third or fourth?) Jubileez. I also love "Full Cup". Totally un-reggae in the rhythmic sense, but if you (like me) are a Vaughn Benjamin fan, he is at his absolute prime lyrically and vocally.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2011 02:48PM by Squidly.
April 14, 2011 03:38PM
I agree wit treez / Nemozian Rasta is a wikkid I Grade Records release
in my humble opinion, One cannot go wrong wit ANY a dem I Grade-Midnite collabs...

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
April 14, 2011 08:58PM
"Infinite Quality" gets my recommendation.....check it @ www.lustrekingsproductions.com
bless
April 14, 2011 10:39PM
Jubilees of Zion.
April 14, 2011 11:19PM
JUBILEES OF ZION!!!
April 15, 2011 07:28PM
Thanks again everyone, that's why I love this forum! Looks like it's down to Jubilees or Nemozian. Sorry LK, Infinite Quality soon come....
April 16, 2011 07:25AM
When you're ready, you wont be disapointed......
LK
jps
April 16, 2011 07:59AM
I would also say Jubilees of Zion should be next. And if you are into dub you need to check Intense Pressure and Infinite Dub (dub to Infinite Quality). Both wicked albums that I haven't seen mentioned here.
April 16, 2011 03:48PM
Respect LK. Meant to say I DO have Babylon Nightmare, and i think you and Jahdan did excellent work on that. Big Up!
April 17, 2011 08:31AM
Thanks reggaebe.......let me know once you check out the Midnite and accompanying Dub album....you will be pleased....
be blessed..
LK
April 18, 2011 10:47AM
Jubilees of Zion!.......but if u get it narrowed down to 2....get both
April 19, 2011 12:20PM
Jubilees of Zion & Intense Pressure!!!
April 21, 2011 01:04PM
Wow, I didn't realize how hard some of these CD's are to find and/or are out of print. Couldn't find a copy of Jubilees ANYWHERE (record store, amazon, midnite website), nor He Is Jah, and BARELY located a copy of Nemozian Rasta, so I ordered that and it's in the mail. Maybe they'll have a copy of Jubilees of Zion ant SNWMF? Anyone know where to find some of these older Midnite recordings?
April 21, 2011 05:35PM
I check viroots.com first....
April 21, 2011 10:10PM
Most of those youve mentioned has been outta print for a minute...maybe email Preston??
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login