Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

BRING BACK SHINEHEAD

Posted by j.p. 
j.p.
BRING BACK SHINEHEAD
February 11, 2005 06:21AM
THAT WOULD BE DOPE. i'M rEaL cOOL i'M ChIlL tO tHe MaX, I mIGhT AcT cRaZy bUt i DoN't SmOkE cRaCk...
Re: BRING BACK SHINEHEAD
February 11, 2005 06:35AM
Shine is a truly underrated artist. I would like to see him again, especially if they bring back Downbeat.
February 11, 2005 05:03PM
Big Up Shinhead a true Danchall MC, from the days of Fab Five Freddy and stayin up till 1130 to watch 30 minutes of Hip Hop videos. All Dancehall Massive Hold Tight.
February 11, 2005 07:00PM
>real nice bredren & has sum nice blessed skills forsure but man grow it out dread dem dam stage lites blind iNi everytime dem skip off 'em waxxed head*
-RASpects+
February 11, 2005 11:44PM
Shinehead ya large!!!!!!!!!!!!One of my original favorites from when I was into rap. Very underappreciated and way ahead of his time.......at the time.

fourtwentyplenty
j.p.
February 12, 2005 03:08AM
I got some cool pics from 2000 in Marysville with Shinehead rocking the crowd, in the crowd. He's not afraid to mingle with the audiance. Don't laugh but my girl gave him a "lei". get it a "lay" nyuk, nyuk, nyuk. If anyone remembers that show, the ganja leaf lei he was sporting was givin to him by my girlfriend when he came into the crowd. One of our favorite SnwmF memories...irie
xacto
February 12, 2005 03:12AM
No doubt from your flower shop?

Shinehead's tune on the Cuss Cuss is one of my all-time favorite tunes.
j.p.
February 12, 2005 05:12AM
[www.tupics.com] heres two that I could find. you may have to copy and paste it into your browser. not sure if you have to do all that html stuff to post pics
February 12, 2005 05:20AM
you can, just use the tags

also his SNWMF bio page:
[www.snwmf.com]

Post Edited (02-11-05 21:23)
xacto
February 12, 2005 05:21AM
Ah Marysville... those were the days.
February 12, 2005 06:13AM
Shinehead is big n' broad...Mr versatility...inna dancehall, hiphop, or roots...him no bizness, him ago mash it up...
j.p.
February 16, 2005 06:33AM
i just noticed...go to archives...if you go to the pics from the 2000 show in marysville. check out the shot of Shinehead in the crowd. thats me, tan bucket hat and a white shirt, in the center. you can only see my shoulders and the back of my head. uhhhh, thats like cool and stuff....
February 17, 2005 05:18PM
Push it!!!!

fourtwentyplenty
March 08, 2005 03:38AM
March 15, 2006 07:49AM
i'M rEaL cOOL i'M ChIlL tO tHe MaX, I mIGhT AcT cRaZy bUt i DoN't SmOkE cRaCk...
riffy
March 15, 2006 08:51AM
always wanted ta check Shinehead after marysville 00' but never got roun to it. Any opinions on his best work so far?
March 17, 2006 05:30AM
[www.snwmf.com]

Bottom, middle, white shirt, tan hat...meet the back of j.p.'s head

jb welda
March 17, 2006 06:02AM
i always thought his LP releases were a little overproduced but he really comes through on sound tapes. i have a couple of great 12" by him, a redo of marleys who the cap fit i think it is (havent played it in a long time) and he did a great "billie jean" too...both of those can be found on one of those "massive" cds which is where i first heard them. looks like ernie b has 7"s of these in stock and those might be rootsy mixes.

one love
jah bill
March 17, 2006 06:36AM
"Promises" on the cuss cuss riddim
Clandestino
March 17, 2006 06:08PM
Way back he used to do a wicked nice version of the Paul McCartney and Wings song - Open the Door. Twas pure niceness.
The cap fits, bring bach Shinehead and let him wear it.

Also...
Lets see Soca this year - Iwer George and family would have the masses 'jus jumpin an winin down de place'.

Get the flags out.
March 17, 2006 08:09PM
Shinehead - African Love Sound 1986

Check out the Hat tricks at the end of this clip, yo.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login