Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Casbah Tea House

Posted by jjlab3 
jjlab3
Casbah Tea House
April 02, 2004 05:58PM
Does anyone know if that big Casbah Tea Tent is going to be going on again after hours this year?

One of my greatest memories of last year was some of the mind-blowing DJ's I saw after hours in that tent. I think some of the DJ's were from something called Yoga Tai Chi Collective.
bun n cheese
Re: Casbah Tea House
April 02, 2004 06:02PM
cree
mix up the yoga with the tai chi
mix up the roots them with the lai chi
strength inna mi back
ready fi wine she
ready fi wine she
Hugh G. Go
April 02, 2004 06:05PM
jjlab3
April 02, 2004 06:11PM
That was awesome BNC. But do you know any info regarding them?

I think the one DJ that blew my mind was named Dragonfly. Soemone else said he was named Moondoggy. Saturday night last year about 2am. Wicked.
bun n cheese
April 02, 2004 06:14PM
that is a TOK tune on the tai chi riddim called "Cree"

I only know what was discussed on this board.
Zana
April 04, 2004 05:55PM
Yes, the Tea House was unbelievable last year. I contacted them to see if they were making it to the festival this year but they said at the moment it was unconfirmed. Although it does say on their summer tour that they'll be at the String Cheese Incident up in Oregon. Too bad... I was really hoping that they'd be at SNWMF this year.
[www.casbahteahouse.com]
bun n cheese
April 05, 2004 04:13PM
Hornings hideout. I believe it is the same weekend as SN..

[www.horningshideout.com]

yes, indeed, the same weekend.
April 05, 2004 05:03PM
Aww
Zana
April 05, 2004 06:48PM
It looks like both SNWMF and Hornings Hideout is having Spearhead. I guess they play at one then hussle to get to the other.
Too bad about the tea house though. I think they should have chose Sierra Nevada instead. Oh well.
bun n cheese
April 05, 2004 07:12PM
Hornings is HUGE. I can see them fitting in to the Hornings jam band vibe more than SN.
Zana
May 02, 2004 07:56PM
They just contacted me and said that they might be at the festival this year. Yeah!!
If they are, stop in and see me dance.
jjlab3
May 03, 2004 06:10PM
That would be awesome!!!!
May 03, 2004 07:02PM
dem mission iz pozitive for the practice dey teach but i* tink iNi need a dub tent instead! would be happy to help with dat in any way i* could. -RASpects+ [www.jahmeekproductions.com]
May 04, 2004 06:49PM
Hey there jjlab,
I like to review topics on the message board, now and then. I noticed that you were giving info to folks on the topic of "Parking". It sounded as though you were a staff member, or representitive for SN. But, on this topic, you had no idea about Casbah coming. You would know this if you were part of the SN crew. So, what is your position? By the way, you gave wrong info on the "parking" topic.
much respect & curiousity,
shyness
jjlab3
May 04, 2004 08:12PM
I am a staff member in charge of day parking. I have nothing to do with booking the performers and the like. Many non-staff members on this site know a lot more than I do about who is going to perform. All I know about Casbah is from this post that I started weeks ago asking about them becuase I really enjoyed a set I saw in their tent last year. As soon as I see a performer posted on the site that is when I know about it.

So that is why I answered a question about parking. If you would like some proof that I am a staff member you can come see me in the burning hot parking lot any day of the festival. I will be the tall guy with the walkie talkie.

Likewise someone who is in charge of the vendors may not be able to answer questions about parking. Seen?

As for wrong info on the parking ??? From year to year we make changes to make things hopefully work better. That is how the procedure worked last year. Like I said I am not in charge of the festival, JUST DAY PARKING.

Peace.
February 14, 2006 12:33PM
Greetings
This is the Casmama herself speaking at you. I hope once again to be able to bring the Teahouse on the road this summer. We always enjoyed the SNWMF.Providing such a large setup with several tents and all the infrastructure....The trucks and trailers, the gear, the crew...it is extremely challenging. The logistics of getting it all there are monumental and then there's the human element and communications and accomadating everyones needs.I usually take a posse of young people on the road who are high energy and ready to make the scene happen. In the past some of our challenges have been with the site and with our relationship with the promoters. As for the site, we found it hard to fit into the terrain at Angels camp.The first year we were on the grass at village stage and that was nice. The pond was a chill space, but so disconnected that many folks did'nt know we were there.Our kitchen was in the food vendors area and it was hard for us to be in two places at once.Our kitchen has evolved over the years as a way to pay for the expenses of hauling around the tents(a large hemp Bedouin style tent and several Egyptian and India tents)As for our relationship with the promoters, I consider Gretchen and Kaati my friends. We have had challenges with logistics such as how much time it takes to set up and tear down. We are not your average vendors and yet we have had time restrictions placed on us that has resulted in episodes like having to tear down and pack out in the dark rolling the caravan out the gates at midnight driving over to the lake to camp to find the gates locked too burnt to go farther crashing out to be awakened by the local sherriff.People thinking we are somehow coming onto their turf to take their money and the elements of envy and greed and jealousy and just plain old competition arise. I was shocked to run into all this on the festival circuit thinking somehow we had all evolved a bit more. Sometimes you got to rub some ashes on your face when you're too shiney.There are always alot of folks trying to get a free way in by using the name of the Casbah which results in a stressful relationship with security. And I admit there have been a few rascals on the crew. I do not condone sneaking people in. I know how close most events operating budgets are and I encourage buying tickets to ensure the future survival of the festival.I believe that the Casbah is a draw and people will attend a festival knowing the Casbah is there providing shade and shelter and a certain form of nourishment and comfort.I encourage people to take care of each other and the environment.The tent becomes a self governing peoples forum with a little guidance from me, the benevolent matriarch.The challenge for me is how to keep doing it . A tight crew,Good rigs,a high tech kitchen trailer,financial sponsors and respect is what I need to continue these works.I need understanding from festival promoters that even though I carry this tent for the people, that I am on their side and I have come to be an asset and a refuge.I have always tried to do an even gypsy trade with events where I create the chill zone and set up the tents in trade for the space to vend so we could earn our way down the road.I am also open to other options like getting paid to bring the tents and leave the vending behind.Please make it be known to the festivals you would like to see us at. Ya'll can contact me direct also. Hope to see you all on the trail.....Peace and Love

> I am a staff member in charge of day parking. I have nothing
> to do with booking the performers and the like. Many non-staff
> members on this site know a lot more than I do about who is
> going to perform. All I know about Casbah is from this post
> that I started weeks ago asking about them becuase I really
> enjoyed a set I saw in their tent last year. As soon as I see
> a performer posted on the site that is when I know about it.
>
> So that is why I answered a question about parking. If you
> would like some proof that I am a staff member you can come see
> me in the burning hot parking lot any day of the festival. I
> will be the tall guy with the walkie talkie.
>
> Likewise someone who is in charge of the vendors may not be
> able to answer questions about parking. Seen?
>
> As for wrong info on the parking ??? From year to year we make
> changes to make things hopefully work better. That is how the
> procedure worked last year. Like I said I am not in charge of
> the festival, JUST DAY PARKING.
>
> Peace.
February 14, 2006 05:01PM
I would love to see the Casbah Teahouse at SNWMF this year. Missed it at SNWMF last year, although I enjoyed it as one of the best features at Harmony Fest last year. The late-night Kwali sessions were a great experience. Hope things work out this year.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login