Starbucks in bfe Texas
July 26, 2011 10:22PM
sitting in this statbbucks waiting for my league game. they have it tuned.to the reggae sattelite station.

just heard specials ghosttown. now playing uhuru spongi reggae
Re: Starbucks in bfe Texas
July 26, 2011 10:58PM
i think they are playing the same loop of reggae is playing in my local east bay bucks.....

--------------------------------------
FullWatts on your stereo...™
July 26, 2011 11:52PM
FOURbucks
July 27, 2011 12:33AM
HiGrade1
i think they are playing the same loop of reggae is playing in my local east bay bucks.....

ahh... yeah.. that makes sense..
jps
July 27, 2011 01:18AM
I've heard some reggae tracks I never would have expected to hear the last few times I been in Chipotle too.
Ini Kamoze- World A Music
Eek A Mouse- Wa Do Dem
Lee Van Cleef- Gone Water Gone
July 27, 2011 01:22AM
heard Land of Promise(Damian & Nas) in the mall a couple days ago, prolly cuz Nas is on it tho

Pass the Dutchie in goodwill
July 27, 2011 02:12AM
i heard ini kamoze world a music in chipotle too in upstate Ny
thought it was a staff' s selection
now i know it was a corporate selecta
beats muzak
a
July 27, 2011 02:25AM
I was listening to the tv/cable reggae station and the selections are so random. Do people dj these things or who is selecting the songs?

Peace
July 27, 2011 02:29AM
Ras_Adam
i heard ini kamoze world a music in chipotle too in upstate Ny
thought it was a staff' s selection
now i know it was a corporate selecta
beats muzak
a

actually i think it is muzak..

as many know i manage a global web server farm..thousands of web servers..
part of our service includes taking these feeds, usually Icecast or shoutcast(actually anything http based), and distributing them across to our global POPs.

anyway.. i worked out a proof of concept for these guys a few months ago..
July 27, 2011 02:29AM
its chosen by algorhythms much like pandora... a computer makes connections between songs, artists, producers, etc...

Respect Same Way
July 27, 2011 05:37PM
this morning on the counter they have a new cd for sale that features some real nice selections.....

Jamaica: Island in the Sun

1. Alton Ellis - What Does It Take (To Win Your Love)
2. Slim Smith - Everybody Needs Love
3. Desmond Dekker & the Aces - Fu Man Chu
4. Phyllis Dillon - Perfidia
5. The Melodians - Sweet Sensation
6. Pat Kelly - Talk About Love
7. Delroy Wilson - It’s a Shame
8. Gregory Isaacs - Rock On
9. Dennis Brown - Some Like It Hot
10. Marcia Griffiths - The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face
11. John Holt - The Prophet
12. Derrick Morgan Featuring Pauline Morgan - Do You Love Me
13. David Isaacs - Since You Are Gone
14. Count Machuki & the Destroyers - Movements (The Joe Gibbs Way)
15. Horace Andy - You Are My Angel
16. Lee “Scratch” Perry - Bird in Hand

--------------------------------------
FullWatts on your stereo...™
July 27, 2011 06:30PM
REGGAE HAS NOW INFILTRATED THE CORPORATE WORLD LIKE A TROJAN HORSE!!!!!!!!!!! PREPARE FOR TERROR!!! FYAH BURN "MEGABUCKS"!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Now featuring Marley coffee"!

~Highest Heightz Every Time~
July 27, 2011 07:00PM
@ dallas airport was waiting in line and they had instrumental kenny g muzak kurt cobain 'smeels like teen spirit' wow
jps
January 21, 2013 06:10PM
Was just in Chipotle for lunch and as I was waiting to order I hear Toyan- Spare With Me come on.
January 21, 2013 08:09PM
Chipotle has been rocking reggae, roots dub, and some good old school hip hop for years. Must be a top-ranking muzak robot or corporate selector somewhere. Every time I go to Chipotle it seems something very different is playing when we walk in and then immediately some classic like Michigan and Smiley or Abyssinians comes on and I feel like my own personal soundtrack, probably only person sitting there eating who knows the lyrics. As far as corporate chain restaurants go Chipotle is one of the better ones in my opinion, one can get a good and affordable vegetarian meal supposedly made with some organic ingredients.

Starbucks apparently has a record label/ music production branch of the company. I saw a comp. exclusive to their stores with some good roots music featured.
January 22, 2013 12:13AM
Was pleasantly surprised while gettin a Pliny the other day I heard rankin Joe, tenor saw, Joseph cotton, jah faith, max Romeo and more, yeah it's satellite but give thanks for the vibes sameway.
January 22, 2013 02:00AM
Strikkly, you ready for the Younger? Soon come in February!
January 22, 2013 02:35PM
right the Younger is coming 2 weeks from Friday I believe, the Friday after the niners ____ the Super Bowl.
well thats SF Beer Week too,
ANY beer events that week with reggae involved??? that would be maaaad.
January 22, 2013 08:59PM
Come to Maui, reggae everywhere!! Heard Beres Hammond Rock Away then Shanty Town in Safeway!
January 23, 2013 01:00AM
You guys coming down for the younger!? I'll see you guys there on Friday February 8th.
January 23, 2013 05:19AM
If you love beer you'll love pliny the elder and yourger (as if they need more plug)
being sent out Feb. 1 from the brewery....seen around the Bay through the first week of February

Pliny the Younger
Triple India Pale Ale

Pliny the Younger, the man, was Pliny the Elder’s nephew and adopted son. They lived nearly 2,000 years ago! Pliny the Elder is our Double IPA, so we felt it was fitting to name our Triple IPA after his son. It is almost a true Triple IPA with triple the amount of hops as a regular I.P.A. That said, it is extremely difficult, time and space consuming, and very expensive to make. And that is why we don’t make it more often! This beer is very full-bodied with tons of hop character in the nose and throughout. It is also deceptively well-balanced and smooth.
Availability
Pub draft only, VERY limited distribution locally and to distributors on draft only, seasonal- released at our pub the first Friday of February and is available for just 2 weeks, available at select accounts during February
Original Gravity: 1.088
Alcohol by Volume: 10.50%
Color: Copper
Bitterness: Medium
January 23, 2013 05:38AM
@Jah Warrior in Maui....Yes I was on North Shore in 2006 running tunes and the people kept saying "Jah Warrior Shelter, do you know them?"!
January 23, 2013 06:56AM
Oh gosh!! Things are setting up on Maui, Thursday nights already on a lead!!
January 23, 2013 03:15PM
Reggae in shops everywhere you go in Maui....love it.

Love that reggae!
January 23, 2013 07:55PM
I was in Waikiki a couple days ago and heard Barrington Levy- Broader than Broadway bumping from PF changs.... Reggae everywhere on the islands.
January 24, 2013 10:02PM
Glad to hear youre taking the island by storm Irie!! Gotta say you left a hole in the Bay though... WTF with KPOO? no more Rebel Music?

... C'Mon son.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login