Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Jah Warrior on Jah Shaka

Posted by Stevo 
Stevo
Jah Warrior on Jah Shaka
April 02, 2004 09:13PM
Jah Shaka is a dub extremist, taking the music beyond the limits of excess. Concentrating on the stomach churning frequencies of bass and ear piercing tops, he hammered dubs home with a vengeance and added his own extra dimensions of sonic madness with the sirens, syndrums and chants which were fed through a pair of H&H tape echos and bent into splinters of aural excess reverberating throughout the dance. I consider him to be the most important figure on the dub scene today, not only in the UK but also internationally, for without him the scene would have died a death many years ago. Every single person without exception who has produced dub music or started a roots sound system in the past 10 years has been directly or indirectly influenced to do so by Shaka, and his dances have become a phenomenon, attracting a large, diverse and multi cultural audience, taking in venues which would previously have been considered unthinkable to host a reggae sound system.

-Steve Mosco, Jah Warrior
Stevo
Re: Jah Warrior on Jah Shaka
April 02, 2004 09:15PM
Listen to the Shaka clip @ www.jahwarrior.com
That's what I'm talkin' about. Anyone know who that is? Keatus I?
April 03, 2004 09:50AM
-truth+ jah shaka is a dub king! but without his soundsystem im afraid north america has never had a chance to really feel it. if snwmf ever hires him again they should also give him a boat to haul all of his equipment across the atlantic. iNi dont ever want to hear another person complain about shaka on the american set-up ever again. p.s. your other bredren up dar jah warrior is a soon to be great also. some of the best ever bass dub on keys on the market today. ites*
Stevo
April 03, 2004 07:42PM
Any insight on the tune from the Jah Shaka sound clip? Truly wicked.
April 04, 2004 03:10AM
-i+ no shaka expert because i* record collection is missing many masterpeices but anything he does grows on your sound. the mighty zulu warrior rule tings long time now in the dub field. the king is a ear full of blessings! most high RASpect ! anyone must check history of this star* its a must! much true sol+jah here! zion ites*
flip
April 05, 2004 02:03PM
wicked tune....don't know de riddim
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login