Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Tapper Zukie - Man Ah Warrior liner notes.......

Posted by strikkly 
Tapper Zukie - Man Ah Warrior liner notes.......
November 19, 2011 09:43PM
does anypne read LP liner notes?..........
Tapper Zukie - Man Ah Warrior
..............There are four angels, standing on four corners of the earth. Look brothers and sisters all our own work! Blood, fire and death to all oppressors be they white or black. We blew it good. We blew it really good. Then Reggae Beat out those Rasta rhythms. Make the action begin.. ______________ .

Re: Tapper Zukie - Man Ah Warrior liner notes.......
November 20, 2011 12:03AM
i LOVE the absolute random sort of stuff you can find in liner notes and moreso from backs of LP covers. i've been toying with the idea of putting something together for our website where i assemble and catagorize things found printed on the back of albums.

here are just a few selections--i collected a LOT of stuff. some is inspirational, some is hysterically funny and some just really quirky...i'll follow your lead starting with tappa zukie (and hope i'm not hijacking the thread...):

tappa zukie - international

sky high & mau mau - mau mau jungle

jah woosh - marijuana world tour

smoking smiley

yabby you - conquering lion

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

twinkle brothers - twinkle sample volume 2

leroy sibbles - rock & come on 12"

junior murvin - bad man posse

sly & robbie and the radication squad

eye popping smiley

anybody else like this sort of thing or have any examples to share?

m.

* [www.kboo.fm]
* [www.shocksofsheba.podomatic.com]
November 20, 2011 09:03AM
yeah big up thats a good start.......this Ini Kamoze classic is one of my faves
AND this thread seems to point to a past one.......[snwmf.com]
November 20, 2011 03:13PM
My memory may be failing me, but aren't those Tappa Zukie liner notes written by Penny Reel aka The Man on this board?
November 20, 2011 04:00PM
yes echo, you're getting at my point.........I found this LP in the crates a few months back and the liner notes are just classic
they seem to point to times past of greater idealism and grandiose imagination within the music (in a good way that is)
and when I saw the name Penny Reel I connected it to the message board
The thing is I can get these Tappa Zukie liner notes despite their eccentricity, but the stuff that the man posts about serbia and transylvania and all this stuff is just so obscure I'm not quite sure what its about.........seems to be some coded messaging or something???
May 11, 2013 08:56AM
The posts about Serbia are not coded messages Strikkly but a private joke between myself and the one Zoran Janic, a Belgrade publicist who posts on this forum as "Zoki". He is a man of the Serbian tribe and the posts are for his amusement and edification.

I have written on reggae since 1973, 40 years at the works, and published more on the subject than any other writer. From 1975 until 1987 I was freelancing for the New Musical Express in London and from 1976 until the end of the 20th century wrote a regular page feature in Black Echoes. I have also written for International Times, Oz, Frendz, Time Out, Sounds, Music Week plus many other magazines and fanzines.

I came into reggae writing as an optimist and my love for the music has not really dimmed during the intervening years, despite the odd dip in interest here and there. Even before buying Jamaican music, I loved US R&B singers like Sam Cooke, Ben E King, Hank Ballard, Clyde McPhatter, Fats Domino, Huey Smith, the list continues endlessly... I still listen to this music too.

If the Serbian posts are too much levity for you, perhaps you'd like my new book: Monkey Business At THe Monkey House: The Times And Trials Of The Hoxton Boys, detailing juvenile street gangs in north east London during the 1950s and 1960s. Please email me at drakebros@hotmail.com if you are interested.

Ites
Reel
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login