Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Embedding Videos on this Phorum....

Posted by Daniel 
Embedding Videos on this Phorum....
December 12, 2011 06:58PM
This one going out to Sista Irie, Bucket-Head and all others that experience difficulty in embedding videos on this phorum:

1. Copy the URL of the video you want to embed. I know you can embed YouTube and Vimeo videos and believe there are several others that can also be embedded;

2. Go to wherever in your post you want to place the video;

3. Click on the 'little blue filmstrip' icon that appears just above the box where you enter your message (it's the second one from the right);

4. When the pop-up box appears (you may have to click the 'warning' first to allow the pop-up to be displayed), paste the URL that you copied into the window.

6. Remove any 'excess baggage' contained in the URL. For instance, Sista Irie's URL regarding 'Criminality' takes you to:

ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7XSsY9A87A&feature=youtu.be

In that case, the following would be 'excess baggage' : &feature=youtu.be. As a general rule, I always remove the ampersand ("&" ) along with everything that follows thereafter and it has always worked for me.

7. Click on the "OK" button on the pop-up; and then

8. Click on the "Preview" button below the message box to see if your video appears correctly.

NEVER use the URL that YouTube provides when you click on their 'share' button or your post will wind up looking like Sista Irie's did this morning. When I tested the URL for the video Sis posted this morning, it showed up just fine even with the extra baggage, but I would suggest not including that just to be sure.....

Alternatively, you can just surround the URL of you video with the following tags (for which I have included a space between the 'o' and the closed bracket [video ]YOUR URL [/video ]
Re: Embedding Videos on this Phorum....
December 12, 2011 08:10PM
Thanks Daniel
i will give this a try
December 12, 2011 08:41PM
up until recently
the "share this link" url from the youtube page
that usually ended in youtu.be
would not post the video here

but if you copied the url at the top of the page
the video would show up here just by pasting the url
in the page here.

i see that has changed of late

i'll have to try to get this down
thnx
a
December 12, 2011 09:53PM
Posting for dumbies!! Thanks Daniel. I accept the title gracefully.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login