Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The Prophet Speaketh: One Love?

Posted by Prophet Hi Fi 
Prophet Hi Fi
The Prophet Speaketh: One Love?
April 05, 2004 11:55AM
The Prophet Speaketh:

Perhaps the slogan shouted more often than all others in the community of reggae is the infamous “One Love”. Like most slogans, the power lays in its ambiguity and the illusion it casts upon the masses it unifies. Taking a deeper look at its implications as it is expressed in songs, words, and actions might crush the naïve romances of the concept held dearly by the social group which it condemns rather than liberates.

Approaching it first from a personal view point, to imply any kind of broad uniformity to love would be a disservice in itself. To limit something as wonderfully dynamic in its uniqueness, painfully intimate in its personalization, frustratingly contradictory in its nature - to turn “love” into a marginalized plea of oneness or a broad call of unity border lining on fascist sentiment demands a questioning of motive.

While the social group holds a superficial appreciation for diversity (another slogan broadcast vividly), the concept is quickly eliminated in the fervent separations of “babylon” and the “righteous”. While “love” is fine for “one” within the limits of the preacher’s determined lines of acceptability (which often change with motive), those with different life choices are quickly cast into hellfire diatribes with a lot of “fyah” upon their person. It becomes less of love for all, but rather a “my way, or the highway” rant associated much more with insecurity and fear than the confidence one finds in love of self.

Instead of “One Love”, it should be said “Many Fears”

As soon as one takes issue with the external, the battle becomes an endless cycle of loss heightened by aggressing symptoms rather than attacking the source. Tragically, most that embrace the cycle become maddened by the lack of result and stride farther into the realm of effect, instead of confronting the cause – that which is in the self.

Thus Spoke the Prophet

Re: The Prophet Speaketh: One Love?
April 05, 2004 04:18PM
Prophet, I'm going to go out on limb here and guess that you probably won't be attending the festival?

Michael
Re: Prince-Kali-Wolf Speaketh: !One Love!
April 05, 2004 04:22PM
Thus as a human "Be-ing". All culturized intelect aside One Love Meaning Love for all and All meaning one because everything in your "one" Conciousness is 1
- One LOVE MEANS SO MUCH!

Analise What you will - Know its all Free will

Post Edited (04-05-04 12:53)

Happy Trails
April 05, 2004 05:15PM
-hi-fi downpressor!+
Prophet Hi Fi
April 05, 2004 09:26PM
The Prophet Speaketh:

Perhaps to the chagrin of many, I will be performing on the main stage, Friday.

Thus spoke the Prophet

Hugh G. Go
April 05, 2004 09:35PM

snore again "prophet"

i think you post this crap here because nobody could possibly stand listening to you.

for the record i'm not a big "one love" flag-waver... but still i wonder who is feeding your ego to the point where 1) you think you need to post these things, and 2) you think you're shedding light for anyone, and 3) again, where you think you should even jokingly refer to yourself as "prophet".

i say save it for your pets or "friends"
Hugh G. Go
April 05, 2004 09:39PM

> Perhaps to the chagrin of many

giving yourself a little too much credit

not really that interested.. in fact i've wasted enough time here already
flip
April 05, 2004 09:39PM
I have never heard of Elijah Em and the Revelations....I'm assuming that is who you are or are performing with. I'm looking forward to all the shows including yours.
I don't get the "much to the chagrin of others" line. Am I suppossed to shed a tear and feel really bad for you or something. i would love to hear your music and your message.
I appreciate you also trying to stimulate debate and conversation with you posts. personally i get a little turned off by the "thus spoke the prophet" line. but i also don't know where you are coming from. ( are you quoting someone else, do you think you are a prophet.....i don't know)

most people I know that attend this festival are open to good music and a positive message. most people I know that go to the fest also don't post on this board.
hope you have a great show.

thus spoke flip
bun n cheese
April 05, 2004 09:41PM
and what constitutes your prophetic self proclamation?

quoth the bun
bun n cheese
April 05, 2004 09:55PM
oh, you need to double check your spelling, profit.
April 05, 2004 10:53PM
Yes all of mankinds attempts at oneness are shrouded with hypocracy. Yet it is a journey into oneness that is the ultimate goal. Greetings like One Love reminds us of the ultimate truth behind duality and can help ones meditation on the truth, that is also the concept behind the use of I an I rather than you and I. If you change the way you define things it can help bring about changes in perception. Many other cultures and philosophies greet each other with different terms that remind them of the same thing, like the term Namaste that the Hindus use to greet each other means :

I honor the place in you
in which the entire Universe dwells,
I honor the place in you
which is of Love, of Truth, of Light and of Peace,
When you are in that place in you,
and I am in that place in me,
we are One.

So "Namaste" or "One Love" prophet...behind it all I love you.
bun n cheese
April 05, 2004 11:30PM
please disregard my last comments, case of the mondays, grrrrr.
April 05, 2004 11:33PM
edit check one two

Post Edited (04-05-04 19:34)
Acacia
April 06, 2004 12:02AM
First of all, "One Love" can be as individualized as any other abstract concept. Before analyzing your comments, one must know what you, yourself consider to be the message of "One Love". To me, "One Love" means that everyone is deserving of love and respect regardless of the decisions they make in life or the inherent differences between them. It's true that some people say "One Love" and don't practice it. It doesn't make the concept of "One Love" any less valid or righteous. What is the conclusion of your observations? That people should embrace the ideal of "Many Fears" as a model from which to live their life because some people put forth the message of "One Love" and then contradict it at every turn?

Oh Prophet, please help an underling comprehend your immaculate position.
April 06, 2004 04:48PM
Notice this fool never answers his/her own posts, therefore never having to consider other viewpoints but their own.
April 07, 2004 08:14PM
Agein, Everyone who calls he self a prophet - Is'nt one!
Yo Prophet, play for the love not the profit!!

Happy Trails
April 07, 2004 08:17PM
"One Love, daughters and sons.
Isis to all and not some" - Tony Rebel
April 07, 2004 11:56PM
Hah ha - the Prophet has created an uproar! Now they are even blasting you for calling yourself the Prophet. Ithinks perhaps the Prophet is just stirring everyones conciousness - and trying to get passionate response (it appears to be working!).
One God, one with I, one with you, one with all of creation. I and I. Our vibrations are one, but we have to attune them to each other to achieve "one love". At a reggae festival like this here one, you can indeed pick up (and be caught up in) the sympathetic vibrations around you. The more love you feel the more you project - so this year let's spread ONE LOVE.

The Prophet will be overwhelmed, and perhaps have a real vision...
April 08, 2004 04:42AM
bun, respect but Tony Rebel is a str8 informa & I no rate informa.
True Capleton call himself Prophet but chat bout pumpum this & sex har that. Prophet mi bumbo, LOL
April 08, 2004 05:28AM
-main stage friday nite?+ come on mon you must forward your self a little better than that please. u expect iNi to guess all nite long if this is the prophet hi-fi on stage @time. let us have some more hints now. come out of the shadow i*ya.
April 08, 2004 06:33AM
Karl Malone says seems pretty clear...

prophet - 2. a person who preaches what he thinks has been revealed to him (E. E. and the Revelations)

Thus spoke Karl Malone.....***i*-->?

btw is Burning Spear really playing at SNWMF. I've heard he's not really gonna be dar (in Deluth or some ting).

Fidel!!!!!!

Is it true John Ashcroft will personally be in the parking lot and that I will have to show him the contents of my pockets and submit to a hair analysis before I can set up camp? And what about cigarette smoking...I've heard that NO smoking AT ALL will be tolerated anywhere in Frog's Town. I heard this from someone who saw it on a message board that someone associated with the festival told someone else that this would be the case. I'm very worried about this. Seriously, I haven't heard anyone specifically deny that I won't have to empty my pockets!

Summer Solstice can't get here fast enough!
April 08, 2004 06:59AM
i*ve heard of widespread panic but this is not the band were talkin' here. JAH*
Pale Ryder
April 08, 2004 04:10PM
Never mind the rumors that you hear, this has all been discussed already in past posts. Just dont wear your chalise on your shirt, and I think you will be fine. Don't you remember in past years that smell of sensi in the dancehall, or the misty haze that was rising up from the crowd. Me tired a like pipe in a gulley!!!!
pat
April 08, 2004 05:45PM
Tony Rebel is an "informa?" How so?
April 08, 2004 06:18PM
yeah, never heard that before. i know that there was some hub-bub at rebel salute involving herbs an ting and tony said something like :

"Tony Rebel, on being questioned about the sale of ganja at Rebel
Salute 2004, said, at his press launch, "I have nothing against ganja,
I am an advocate of hemp, I do not smoke anything, I don't believe in
smoking. Ganja is illegal; therefore, if you are breaking the law, the
issue is with the police. Rebel Salute is about music, not weed."

now, show me informer.
April 08, 2004 06:22PM
a bit more on rebel salute :

HJ = Hume Johnson, interviewer
TR = Tony Rebel
taken from the JA Observer

"HJ: You have had between 15,000 and 25,000 people at Rebel Salute every
year. Why do people flock to your show?

TR: First of all, the Rebel Salute concept is unique. We sell no alcohol, no
meat; we avoid artistes who use profanity on stage. We advertise and promote
good music from reggae's best. Rebel Salute has an effect of people. It's a
spiritual experience. That has been our draw card and people draw others who
return with their friends and so Rebel Salute now has a serious following."
April 08, 2004 09:24PM
Don't make us go through this again niceup.
April 08, 2004 10:32PM
Ease up my friend and read the post again....I was simply poking a little fun about some things I thought deserved to be made fun of on the board. Hence the Karl Malone, ***I*-->, ridiculous Spear question, shameless promotion (Fidel!), and paranoid rumor-spreading rants.

To be more clear...When I saw Burning Spear announced to the line-up and featured prominently on the web-page i was quite sure he WAS indeed going to be there, I like Fidel Nadal but the repeated posts in every thread were quite ridiculous, and John Ashcroft is a scary man but I feel very safe from his grasps at SNWMF (I have been several times). I do not take anonymous quotes with Kevin Bacon style seperation from SNWMF officials seriously.

I really did mean that Summer Solstice can't get here fast enough. I will try to be very straight forward and simple with my humor in the future whenever possible.

Irie
April 09, 2004 12:57AM
Sorry about that. Funny stuff!
April 09, 2004 01:07AM
It's all good brother.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login