Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Need a ride from SF/Bay area

Posted by Jah Mike 
Need a ride from SF/Bay area
February 16, 2012 05:29AM
Even though I'm from Portland, I like to fly down to SF for SNWMF because the trip takes less time, I don't have to arrange for so much time off, and I love spending a day or two in the City. I definitely need to catch a ride from SF, because I don't see well enough to drive. In recent years, I've been riding down with the man Malcolm, but he can't make it this year so I need to search for another ride. I generally fly down to SF and spend a night in a hotel Thursday evening before the show and fly back late Monday evening.

Anybody in SF or near a BART station who has room for one more? My preference is to ride down Friday morning/early afternoon and leave the fest Monday around the same time frame. I can definitely contribute $$ and/or nuff niceness in return for a ride. I travel light with just one big airline bag for my camping gear and a small backpack.

I know it probably seems early, but having had hard times finding rides in the past, I get a little paranoid about being stuck and wanted to get this settled before I purchase my airline ticket. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

One Love,
Jah Mike

Jah Jah power endureth for i-ver.
Re: Need a ride from SF/Bay area
February 16, 2012 06:57AM
damn, ride posts already? we must be gettin close!! feeling red smiley
February 20, 2012 08:53PM
Feels close. Early bird catches the worm. So do not want to wait til the last minute and get stuck without a ride. Would really appreciate some help here.
February 23, 2012 07:24AM
Need to keep this on the front page until I find a ride.
February 25, 2012 09:37PM
Oh c'mon. Somebody coming from the Bay Area has to have just a little extra room.
February 25, 2012 11:10PM
Good luck, I hope you find the ride you're looking for. I would help you out if I could....bless upthumbs up
February 29, 2012 03:53AM
Thanks, Yellowberry. I just need to find someone with your willingness and the ability to help.
February 29, 2012 06:50AM
Really though its a bit early lookimg for a ride. Make no mistake, as the festy gets closer youll be able to get a ride situated. chances are I can give you a ride, I just dont know who and what vehicles are making the treck yet. I might be looking for a ride my self come a few months from now....but I digg the proactive attitude, just dont get bummed yet
March 03, 2012 10:06PM
Thanks East Bay! I guess seeing as I've now seen 2 comments saying that I may have started early, I'll hold off on getting worried. However, I will not hold off on staying on the first page until I get a ride. Cho!

March 03, 2012 10:47PM
It's a little early to say but we usually fly out to the bay area from Kansas City then drive up Thursday or Friday depending on the pre-party situation. You're certainly welcome to ride with us if our schedules align. Hit me up as the time gets near.
March 07, 2012 08:40PM
Thanks, Scott. Do you get camping passes and stay at the venue?
March 09, 2012 11:39PM
Lots of activity on the board these days. Takes some work to keep my request on the front page.
March 09, 2012 11:50PM
Keep hope alive Jah Mike! I consider Malcolm a friend, I don't have a lot of room and always leave up from the Bay on Thursday, but I want to personally assure you that you can go ahead and make plans to come to the fest... the Bay area massive wont let you down!
March 15, 2012 12:17AM
Thansk, Christopher! Any friend of Malcolm's is a friend of mine.
OK, Bay Area Massive. You can't make Christopher into a liar now. Ya gotta come through!
March 19, 2012 04:40AM
Jah Mike, sorry to leave you without wheels to the festy this year.
My big news is that my daughter is getting married this summer. Ah yes, its on June 23.
Christopher, you most definitely my friend.
As Christopher said, the Bay Area massive will come through.
And as you know, Jah forever provides
Malcolm
March 22, 2012 06:59AM
Malcolm,

Ya gotta do what ya gotta do. And when you have kids, they come first. Hopefully someone will come through and your faith in the Bay Area massive and Jah will be proven valid.

Jah Mike

March 26, 2012 08:58PM
Less than 3 months until the fest! Come on Bay Area massive!
AJ
March 27, 2012 01:09PM
How about a Grayhound bus to Ukiah? Boonville is another 22 miles or so. You should be able to catch a ride from Ukiah to SNWMF. Repeat this going back to S.F. This will take you longer than getting a ride from the S.F. area, but just as a back-up plan.
We will not be near the Bay area to help you out. Ride soon come.
Happy trails.
April 01, 2012 11:15PM
AJ
How about a Grayhound bus to Ukiah? Boonville is another 22 miles or so. You should be able to catch a ride from Ukiah to SNWMF. Repeat this going back to S.F. This will take you longer than getting a ride from the S.F. area, but just as a back-up plan.
We will not be near the Bay area to help you out. Ride soon come.
Happy trails.
Hey AJ, I've certainly considered that. The one down side is that of timing, the one bus scheduled from SF to Ukiah doesn't arrive in Ukiah until 6:30 PM.
April 05, 2012 09:07PM
On the other hand with the excellent public transportation in the Bay Area, I could easily meet up with anybody coming from San Jose or any of the other stops served by Caltrans.
April 10, 2012 12:31AM
Yes, I still do need a ride if I am going to be attending this year's SNWMF/
April 10, 2012 01:22AM

Can we get Jah Mike from out Di Wilderness?!?!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2012 01:23AM by Christopher.
April 13, 2012 04:53AM
Now with Sister Nancy joining the lineup, I'm beggin' the SNWMF massive for your help. I really don't want to miss this year.
April 16, 2012 12:05AM
Still requesting some help here.
April 19, 2012 03:41AM
OK, need to get this back on the first page where people can see it.
April 22, 2012 03:48AM
Still looking.
April 26, 2012 04:18PM
C'mon guys! The fest is less thn two months away. Nobody can still say it's "early" to be looking.
April 30, 2012 07:41PM
It's less than 2 months now.
May 04, 2012 07:14PM
Everyone keeps telling me to have faith, but time is running out.
May 04, 2012 08:29PM
Ride Share posts dont really start popping up here until around late May/ early June... at least thats what Ive noticed after 10 or so yrs as a member of this board. I'm in need of a ride as well at this point. You dont want to come off as too pushy (just sayin). Even though the fest is only 2mo away~> its still to early (as I would say smiling smiley ) The best advice i can give you is....

one love-juan love
(SAPO)
May 05, 2012 03:26PM
JM, check your PM.
Peace
May 09, 2012 07:04PM
juanlove
Ride Share posts dont really start popping up here until around late May/ early June... at least thats what Ive noticed after 10 or so yrs as a member of this board. I'm in need of a ride as well at this point. You dont want to come off as too pushy (just sayin). Even though the fest is only 2mo away~> its still to early (as I would say smiling smiley ) The best advice i can give you is....

Hey Juan. No, I don't mean to sound pushy, I'm just anxious because usually I have a ride by now and I really don't want to miss the fest. I also need to be concerned with buying plane tickets and the longer it takes to secure a ride, the more expensive that's going to be.

By the way, I love your handle. You need to find a friend who can be Juan Heart. LOL!

May 09, 2012 07:12PM
Jah Mike:

Just buy your plane ticket for arrival in SF on Thursday as you had planned to. If nothing else works out, my lady will give you a ride up on Friday afternoon (but I'm suspecting you will want to ride up earlier that day). Better yet, buy the ticket and, if the ride share doesn't work like you've been told it would by at least a half-dozen folks already, I will personally pay for your auto rental.
May 09, 2012 07:25PM
Thanks, Daniel. Although, if it was just a matter of renting a car, I wouldn't be worrying about a ride. I'm legally blind and I don't drive. But if your lady could give me a ride if all else fails that would be awesome. InI apprecilove it!
May 09, 2012 07:58PM
Well, there are nuff folks around the Bay Area that seem to share your disability and it doesn't seem to prevent them from getting behind a wheel. smiling smiley But in all seriousness, I'm sure in the next 5 weeks you'll get a better offer. She's not camping on-site, and if you are planning on doing that then you would be better served getting a ride with someone who will be your camping compadre for the weekend, but at least you've got a ride if all else fails. So, now that you have your ride secured, buy your plane ticket and then, till the middle of June, just keep playing this tune....

May 10, 2012 01:40AM
Actually, its not my disability those folks share. I've always thought it highly unfair that you have to take a vision test to get a driver's license, but nobody has to take an IQ test.

Agree about camping. My plan if I didn't get a ride with somebody who was camping at the festival grounds, is to take advantage of the walk in camping or check out Anderson Valley Brewing if they offer camping again this year.
May 29, 2012 02:22AM
So what's the word Jah Mike? Did the Bay Area Massive come through? Did we get you from out the Widerness?

Inquiring minds want to know if you managed to cross the river!
May 29, 2012 02:32AM
Yes-I brother Christopher! Fshman78 aka Ras Bruce offered me a ride in return for my buying a camping pass. We're meeting up at the Lake Merrit BART station Friday morning.

Thanks to your good slef and all the other bredrin and sistren who gave me good advice and good vibes.
Now we gotta see what we can do for CazzaBear.
May 29, 2012 03:13AM
No worries Jah Mike... We'll get em all across!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login