Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Paula Fuga and DubKonscious at SNWMF 2012 Please and Thank You!

Posted by mendocoastrees 
Paula Fuga and DubKonscious at SNWMF 2012 Please and Thank You!
March 03, 2012 09:19PM
They are soooooo good and a purrrrrrfect match for SNWMF!!!

[/url]
Re: Paula Fuga and DubKonscious at SNWMF 2012 Please and Thank You!
March 03, 2012 10:34PM
mike love is mad talented! would love to see some more hawaiian vibes in boomville
March 04, 2012 07:11PM
Paula Fuga will be at Northwest in Aug! This will be her 2nd time there, and yes she is wonderful!!
March 04, 2012 09:20PM
I've always wanted to go o NOrthwest Reggae Fest, just have never made it: seems so far away!!!
March 04, 2012 10:16PM
Its a trek, but it not too bad still, and so worth it! The location, vibes, lineup, camping... always great! So this just might have to be the year you DO make it, jus round up a few a your peeps an make it a fun little road trip.. Also, I guess this is the last year its gonna be kept on Bob's ranch, which is gonna be hard to top. What other fest do you get to take a hot shower it the woods, while listening to live music? There are some great hotsprings not far from there too, great way to end an awesome weekend!
March 05, 2012 08:29AM
I listen to her daily she's like eating a good loaf of bread. Aloha
March 06, 2012 07:07PM
I can never get enough Paula and I am so looking forward to this!!!!
March 06, 2012 10:24PM
I'm going to see Paula Fuga and Mike Love in Maui on the 16th!!! Very excited!
Yes Haile Bless, NWRF sounds nice indeed, will intend to make it this year...when will the lineup be announced?
March 07, 2012 09:35AM
What style of music would you say she performs? I like it either way, just wondering.
March 07, 2012 09:43AM
NWWRF isn't far at all. If you are down in Mendo you just gotta head north about 7 hours. The vibe is well worth the trip. haven't been to a place in a long time that no one is trippin. Meaning I can't recall even seeing a rough exchange between people. Every one seems to be on the same page. My ONLY complaint, is that I want to see more Reggae at the Fest. I feel like it is much more of a "world music" festival then a reggae festival, which is fine, it is just that it is called NWWREGGAEF so I assume that Reggae lead out.
March 07, 2012 10:55AM
yes especially if this is the last year up at bobs ranch. the location makes this festival as much as the lineup and good family every year we have been. one of the only times you will have reggae without curfew playing through an ancient mystical forest. no stress or pavement up here and it shows in the vibes.
March 07, 2012 11:00AM
ditto...will be interesting to see where this Festival moves to after this year.
March 07, 2012 11:07AM
i am trusting that they pick up some big artists from the snwmf lineup, such as luciano, romain virgo, etc. as he already has connection with the festival. it usually just takes a little time for details to be worked out.
March 07, 2012 11:23AM
this is the thing though...WHY in the world would you pick up a bunch of artist who just did their thing 6 hours south? it is two months in between the festivals so I can't imagine they are kickin it out West for two months waiting....and if they are it means they are going to be playing up and down the west coast in between....not to mention you got Reggae on the River right in the middle. IF IT WERE UP TO ME. I would turn the festival into much more of a rising stars fest to ensure you get talent that isn't over played out west. T'Nez, Protoje, Nesbeth, I Octane, Jah Vinci, Dynasty Fam etc. They are third in line so most people are going to have seen whomever they are going to bring should it be re treads of the other fests. Now, I will take some Romain Virgo re treads but for the most part it seems like local acts with a sprinkling of artists who have been around for 20 to 30 years and who play out west on a regular basis.
March 08, 2012 12:02PM
thats the way it has worked in the past, and one thing that has been good about it is perhaps a chance to see an artist who was on a strict 1 hour set time @ snwmf get perhaps 2-3 hours to really shine & do their thing @ nwwrf, however it goes both ways. like last year(and many years past- krs-1/jr.reid, igrade showcase in 2005 w/niyorah getting 5 minutes, etc.) sometimes the time management at northwest has some conflicts when they are so behind schedule from local acts taking up all the mic time earlier in the day.

bringing the rising talent out north is not cheap, and often times the artists already on the summer circuit tour out west are able to play without major transport/visa cost etc. because larger festivals have already footed that bill.

i rate the intimacy of the venue above all else, and and when there are not sound issues, have had some vibes there in the woods that level with the best anywhere else.
March 09, 2012 10:30AM
agreed, it is hard to argue against the setting. Last year at the Ranch so people gotta come out.
March 10, 2012 09:25AM
I would totally love to have Paula on the lineup this year. I just got back from Big Island and found her debut CD which I played a lot when it came to the station. I think she'd be awesome for SNWMF

I'd love to see Paula sing with Anuhea and Saritah!

DJ Big Jim

Ridgetop Ranking Reggae Radio show
Friday Nights 8-10pm PST
KMEC 105.1fm Ukiah, CA
[www.kmecradio.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login