Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

27 full albums up on Youtube

Posted by FLEXIMIX 
27 full albums up on Youtube
March 07, 2012 11:27AM
27 full albums up on Youtube for your listening pleasure. Modern roots with a vintage flavour featuring: Michael Rose, Luciano, Lutan Fyah, Sugar Minott, Admiral Tibet, Big Youth, Ranking Joe, Queen Ifrica, Fred Locks and more...plus some instrumental dubs & left-field excursions. Twilight Circus productions - enjoy!

video: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2012 12:25PM by Daniel.
Am I out of line in interpreting this as throwing up your hands in defeat at the current state of the music industry?
all these files are already highly compressed using the flv format.

to transcode these to mp3 one would lose even more data..

to convert to cd i suppose would sound ok.. but certainly wouldnt contain the same fidelity as a properly mastered commerical cd.
bigvein
all these files are already highly compressed using the flv format.

to transcode these to mp3 one would lose even more data..

to convert to cd i suppose would sound ok.. but certainly wouldnt contain the same fidelity as a properly mastered commerical cd.

ya youtube is like the cheese samples @ the grocery store. It might b enough, but likely not if its good.
Re: 27 full albums up on Youtube
March 07, 2012 01:55PM
thats classic, yo any one filling up on samples at the grocery store is surely gonna pay for it on their digestive track later.
March 07, 2012 02:02PM
so i downloaded one file..

sorry the the audio format is not flv, but aac.. flv is the container..

in any case, here is the bit rate of the aac audio stream.

Stream #0.1: Audio: aac, 44100 Hz, stereo, s16, 131 kb/s

hardly cd quality... :-)

so flex is safe here.. at least for those looking for quality audio.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2012 02:03PM by bigvein.
March 08, 2012 08:28AM
No definitely not giving up, just trying to get the music out there & heard..

I didn't know it was so easy to download the audio from youtube - how do you do that?

Fwiw the audio files I used for the vids were 320kbps mp3s - I guess somewhere along the line they were converted to a lower resolution (youtube processing?)..
March 08, 2012 08:57AM
you tube is not a true streaming service. meaning they deliver all static content using progressive download.

to download your file, i used wireshark to sniff out the flash delivered content.

anyway...

there are many less complicated tools out there that make downloading you tube videos easy123.

look at the various fire fox or chrome plugins.. they are a ton out there made exactly for downloading you tube videos/audio.

to playback the FLV file, use a player like VNC.

or you can convert the FLV/AAC to mp3, and play back as usual.
March 08, 2012 09:00AM
Nice works FLEXIMIX, I ran the Binghi riddim at the Don Carlos show last weekend.
March 08, 2012 11:59AM
Nice

Btw - thanks to Daniel for the edit of the subject line! I got a bit carried away & was amazed at how much text could fit in... its better with the editing..
March 08, 2012 12:28PM
Glad to hear you're not giving up, and hope the exposure is valuable - I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd love to see M Records kick into high gear again!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login