Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Jamaican Reggae Music

Posted by Ninja 
Jamaican Reggae Music
March 08, 2012 10:11AM
in any form would be nice to see. A couple headliners from the Island, perhaps a couple that don't play up and down the west coast multiple times a year. I have faith so don't buss my balls, I just wan di real thing with no filler.
Re: Jamaican Reggae Music
March 08, 2012 10:23AM
Johnny O is the only one I see that fits that description so far....

We cannot seek achievement for ourselves and forget about progress and prosperity for our community. Our ambitions must be broad enough to include the aspirations and needs of others, for their sakes and for our own.
Cesar Chavez
March 08, 2012 10:26AM
ninja.. you are a very smart and intelligent guy.. organized even..

why not put together a 'ninja presents: my ideal artist festival'

i would support the effort.. make it a regular part of the festival season.. supplementary to all the others.
March 08, 2012 10:34AM
You mean Luciano, Jimmy Cliff and Third World don't qualify as "Headliners from the Island" that don't play up and down the west coast multiple times per year? Where exactly do Prince Alla, Romain Virgo, Lutan Fyah and Perfect hail from and are they not Jamaican Reggae? I love Johnny Osbourne but the truth is, he's not a "headliner". In fact, I can count the number of artists that I would consider to be "Jamaican Reggae Headliners" on one hand......
March 08, 2012 10:42AM
Daniel
You mean Luciano, Jimmy Cliff and Third World don't qualify as "Headliners from the Island" that don't play up and down the west coast multiple times per year? Where exactly do Prince Alla, Romain Virgo, Lutan Fyah and Perfect hail from and are they not Jamaican Reggae? I love Johnny Osbourne but the truth is, he's not a "headliner". In fact, I can count the number of artists that I would consider to be "Jamaican Reggae Headliners" on one hand......
I guess I was mostly basing that on artists IVE seen.
Although I Am looking 4ward to seeing Third World, it's been awhile.

We cannot seek achievement for ourselves and forget about progress and prosperity for our community. Our ambitions must be broad enough to include the aspirations and needs of others, for their sakes and for our own.
Cesar Chavez

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2012 11:11AM by Original RuffNeck Sol Jah.
March 08, 2012 10:47AM
Daniel
In fact, I can count the number of artists that I would consider to be "Jamaican Reggae Headliners" on one hand......

TRUTH
March 08, 2012 11:27AM
Daniel
I love Johnny Osbourne but the truth is, he's not a "headliner". .

Not even a Friday night Village Stage Headliner? Surely, Mr. Osbourne has more big tunes than Pablo Moses does and he headlined last year.
March 08, 2012 11:34AM
Well, I guess we have different ideas as to what constitutes a "headliner" then Nick. By your definition, not only would Pablo Moses be a headliner, so would Jesus Diaz, Rubblebucket, Rootz Underground, Panjea, Markus James and Sidestepper......
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login