Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

2012 POSTER/ FLYER thumbs up

Posted by juanlove 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
2012 POSTER/ FLYER thumbs up
March 25, 2012 08:26PM
thumbs up

one love-juan love
(SAPO)
Re: 2012 POSTER/ FLYER thumbs up
March 25, 2012 08:48PM
Hey Sapo!

You got the good word on if they gonna do some Silk Screen prints this year?

The quailty and art has gone down over the past few years. IE: Used to have Great looking Story Posters. 4th,5th 8th,9th,10,11th. only a few 30"x40" " Show Posters ".

Now the posters are just lineups. Last few years anyway.....

They MUST for the 20th!
March 25, 2012 10:45PM
Biggup HiGrade1!!!

Respect Same Way
March 26, 2012 12:28AM
would love to see some more of the female artist who did the previous imagery, i.e. lion & crane, etc.

last time i checked her work was simply consigned to the back page of the program and a small 1"x2" clipart of her full piece was used for the poster.

artists represent the vibe & spirit, not just who you got coming to play.
March 26, 2012 12:59AM
Bless Up Justine same way!
March 26, 2012 01:50AM
@ Waterborn ~> i have no idea whats going on with the prints...? i actually found the poster FB today...
i feel yah on the fest tee-shirt prints tho (not the BoomVille Shirts btw) they seem to have been simplified over the years~. even the vol.- crew/staff- artist shirts seem really plain... but~> the Quality and Vibe of the fest it self is still toppa top^

one love-juan love
(SAPO)
March 26, 2012 05:26PM
Yes, give thanks!

posters and flyers are on the way....

Just so you know, Justine Ward, is the lady who does all the wonderful art year after year and is also the creator of the backdrop on the main stage. She is very talented and works in various mediums. She lives with her daughter in New Zealand, where she creates all of her works. please check her out here....

The past few years HiGrade is the guy doing the festival layouts by incorporating her artwork into the look....
Except for the BOOMville shirts, which I create the artwork for......

jah bless....

HG1

--------------------------------------
FullWatts on your stereo...™
March 26, 2012 06:01PM
Got a couple of compliments when I wore my Boomville tee yesterday here in Kansas City.
Of course I encouraged them to go this year!!
March 27, 2012 09:20PM
New Back Drop!! Main Stage!! >>20th<< 2013!!!

Fact or Fiction?

@ SAPO the Quality is always there, the vibe is second to none.
March 28, 2012 04:29PM
I have I think all the silk screen posters that have been produced in the last 16 years or so (since I've been going in 1997), and currently have 4 different ones framed in my home, would love to see another one. For approx $20, getting a silk screen poster for a festival I really enjoy is a wonderful deal and I get compliments on the posters often enough

One love
eric v
March 28, 2012 04:36PM
March 28, 2012 04:45PM
IMO the orange lion is THE best poster I've seen yet! It hangs on our wall and is the first thing people notice when they walk into the room!
March 28, 2012 06:42PM
Got all four framed hanging in the entertainment room! Fire House KustomRock Art! Chuck Sperry.

Also have all the smaller yearly posters framed as well. Except Snwmf 1,2,3.

I'd pay $50usd for a Nice Size Silk Screen Poster.....And buy Two!!!
March 29, 2012 05:26PM
Thanks Daniel!!! Those are the four posters I have, although the two middle ones don't say "Rasta Reggae Radio" on them, maybe it's an electronic watermark for the web?

Anyhow, would love to see another one pop up this year

be well,

eric v